+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for parents in canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do prepare a day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing/meeting relatives and friends/activities with expense estimates + prove they can pay for it

I am not sure here why i have to say they will pay expenses as i am calling them and sponsoring and i am going to pay all expenses.?
Their day-by-day itinerary doesn't have to show them out-and-about every day of their visit. Some days can be spent in, or even meeting relatives/friends/or doing nothing at all.

That's the way it works for TRVs.

BTW the host does not *sponsor* someone for a TRV, s/he only invites a visitor.

You may eventually pay for all of their expenses, but to be approved for TRVs, they must prove they have little/no financial dependence on you = less likely to overstay their visit

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
HI,
For Proof of Means of Financial Support, you must include: Your mom and dad's 6 months' bank statements + FDs (if any, especially if it can be liquidated) + FD interest certificates + 6 months pay slips + 2 years ITRs.
I will add
my father is private service man and even dont have much good montly salary so i much amount i have to add for 3 month visit in 5257 forms

You can include their bank accounts (joint or sole accounts).
I will add stmts

If their properties are rented then you can include rental income for available finances.

For the strong ties, you must include:
1. The CA's statement will not work in isolation. Do include the property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts + excerpts from MagicBricks/Times Property/Citibank Realty reports to back the current indicative market rates for their property
with CA letter i will property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts
no Idea on MagicBricks and how to get free stmt an include

2. For rented property (if it's the case): Rent agreement + 2-3 months' rent receipts + bank statement confirming rent payments
no rented property

3. For employment: Leave approval letter stating your dad will have his job when he returns + proofs of any work-related commitments for which your parents must return by a specific date
Leave approval letter will add with mentioning stay duration

4. 2-3 months credit card statements (of your parents) is the dues are low. Not debit cards
no credit cards

5. Do prepare a day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing/meeting relatives and friends/activities with expense estimates + prove they can pay for it
any format which i can use any modify accordingly

Have your parents visited the US in the last 10 years or have valid US visas? Any other countries?
What's the purpose of their visit and for how long?
They have USA 10 yrs visa but didnt get a chance to visit usa yet . so what to mentioned in 'Letter of explanation'?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
They have USA 10 yrs visa but didnt get a chance to visit usa yet . so what to mentioned in 'Letter of explanation'?
They can apply under CAN+.

You must scan their US visas, include it in the cover letter, and specifically request for CAN+. However, there's no assurance that processing will be done under CAN+

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hello experts,
I want to invite my mom and my sister to visit Canada. I have some confusion about letter,
Question 1.

Do we both have to write letter
such as
One from me as invitation letter
Another from my mom & sister side explanation letter

Question 2.

If two letter needed, does it has to explain day-by-day itinerary in both letter.

Please suggest me
Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Question 1.

Do we both have to write letter
such as
One from me as invitation letter
Another from my mom & sister side explanation letter
You can prepare one common invitation letter addressed to the Visa Officer.... stating Host details + Applicant 1 details + Applicant 2 details

You can also prepare separate cover letters (signed by each applicant) that will give a summary of their Purpose of Visit + Funds Available for the visit + Strong Ties to their home country, etc..... in a point-wise format.

Question 2.

If two letter needed, does it has to explain day-by-day itinerary in both letter.
The day-by-day itinerary should be a separate document for sightseeing/spending time with you/activities + expense estimates

Reactions: iceberge

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
You can prepare one common invitation letter addressed to the Visa Officer.... stating Host details + Applicant 1 details + Applicant 2 details

You can also prepare separate cover letters (signed by each applicant) that will give a summary of their Purpose of Visit + Funds Available for the visit + Strong Ties to their home country, etc..... in a point-wise format.

The day-by-day itinerary should be a separate document for sightseeing/spending time with you/activities + expense estimates
Thanks Bryanna for your prompt reply.

UvFamily

Jan 29, 2015
Hi! I am plan to apply for my parents super visa while waiting to see if we get their name in lotery system. Would anyone know that will it effects their visa applications with lotery entry? is this true if you do each parent at the time you will get approval easier than do both at once.

vanzea

Apr 8, 2018
@Bryanna can i just make a letter or they make a letter explaining to cic that they dont have air ticket yet bcause its not sure if they got visa? and one more thing, do i need one account for both mom and dad to appy online?or it should be separate account? i am really really confuse now and dont know what to do

tehtaimuriirl

Sep 24, 2014
i got my father application connected online apprantely they requesting again for medical but he did medical earlier in january quite confused even he did sputum test and passed too now what can be reason plus theres no message in the inbox

manmeet23

Oct 28, 2012
Hi,

Need to call my mother to visit me. I am on SINP , got my PR in Oct 17, currently deputed in Winnipeg for work. Not staying in Saskatchewan.
A couple of clarification:
since am not staying in the province of nomination, does that affect my eligibility to invite my mother?
My mother doesn't maintain funds in the bank account and doesn't have any property / financial asset on her name. She never worked and doesn't have any income proof to support her travel and stay. Can I sponsor her as a host and claim responsibility while applying for her visa?

Please could you guide me the steps to proceed.

thanks
Manmeet

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Need to call my mother to visit me. I am on SINP , got my PR in Oct 17, currently deputed in Winnipeg for work. Not staying in Saskatchewan.
A couple of clarification:
since am not staying in the province of nomination, does that affect my eligibility to invite my mother?
My mother doesn't maintain funds in the bank account and doesn't have any property / financial asset on her name. She never worked and doesn't have any income proof to support her travel and stay. Can I sponsor her as a host and claim responsibility while applying for her visa?

Please could you guide me the steps to proceed.

thanks
Manmeet
Unfortunately she will likely be denied a trv. The approval is based on her assets, her travel history and ties to her home country.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions. I want to apply for my mom for a less than 6 months visitor visa. I want to sponsor her and pay for her trip, but I do not have a job currently. i have almost 100K in my bank account, but my spouse has 2 part-time jobs, and 2 temporary job contracts.

Now I have a few questions.
1. In the eligibility step, it asks if you (mu mom) are working. should she says yes or no? my mom is a retired teacher.

2. Do I need to provide the translation of my parents marriage certificate as a proof of ties? My dad is not coming and my dad's name as her husband is mentioned in my mom's birth certificate that we have translated already.

3. For social ties, I have translated our home's deed back home. The property is under my mom's name. I have translated a couple of her retirement pay stubs, and I will include my mom's birth certificate that includes my dad's name as well.

4. Since I have no job, and a student, is it ok to sponsor my mom and include the balance of the bank account? I can get the balance of the past year that shows the balance has been about 100K for over a year. I was thinking I could include a letter from my wife as a co-sponsor, and include her job contracts, but is that necessary?

5. When I want to apply for her, I introduced myself as her representative. Do I need to create the CIC account under my name or her name?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions. I want to apply for my mom for a less than 6 months visitor visa. I want to sponsor her and pay for her trip, but I do not have a job currently. i have almost 100K in my bank account, but my spouse has 2 part-time jobs, and 2 temporary job contracts.

Now I have a few questions.
1. In the eligibility step, it asks if you (mu mom) are working. should she says yes or no? my mom is a retired teacher.

2. Do I need to provide the translation of my parents marriage certificate as a proof of ties? My dad is not coming and my dad's name as her husband is mentioned in my mom's birth certificate that we have translated already.

3. For social ties, I have translated our home's deed back home. The property is under my mom's name. I have translated a couple of her retirement pay stubs, and I will include my mom's birth certificate that includes my dad's name as well.

4. Since I have no job, and a student, is it ok to sponsor my mom and include the balance of the bank account? I can get the balance of the past year that shows the balance has been about 100K for over a year. I was thinking I could include a letter from my wife as a co-sponsor, and include her job contracts, but is that necessary?

5. When I want to apply for her, I introduced myself as her representative. Do I need to create the CIC account under my name or her name?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Getting a trv for your mother will be solely based on her ability to finance the trip even if you plan on paying for the trip. Her ties to her home country and travel history will also factor into the decision. A supervisa would be more based on your finances.