+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for parents in canada

SONI2307

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
hey guys,

i want to invite my dad on visitor visa to come visit me but i have a question regarding the marital status. He married for the second time and is no longer living with his spouse anymore (been more than a year) and might be going through a divorce. What status should i choose on his Marital status ? Married or legally separated ?

Also should i write his second's wife name and information in the form IMM 5645 in the spouse column or leave it blank ? We are not in touch with her. Thank you.

RamiB

Oct 19, 2016
Hello there,

Please help
I am not working at a moment.i want to apply a visitor visa for my mom dad and 17 yr old brother.my husband does work and we have enough family income to meet requirements. So am i eligible to apply visitor visa.if i apply from Canadian lawyer where the application will process in canada or the country where my parents live.

Please help.

Thank!

menti

Sep 8, 2016
Hello
I am going to apply vistor visa for my parents 2nd time, 1st time i got visa for my parents and they visited 2 times as follows
First time visit they live with me 11 months as i got extenstion another 5 months within canda
2nd time visit they lived 4 months and went back.
now i m filling forms and there is one question

"Have you Previously applied to enter or remain in canada?

Please advise what you i answer yes or no, if yes then what i explain to them?

Thanks

sanitha

May 8, 2019
hi i would like to know if you owe tax amount with cra does it affect with the visiting visa application? Thanks in advance

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
HI,
For Proof of Means of Financial Support, you must include: Your mom and dad's 6 months' bank statements + FDs (if any, especially if it can be liquidated) + FD interest certificates + 6 months pay slips + 2 years ITRs.
I will add
my father is private service man and even dont have much good montly salary so i much amount i have to add for 3 month visit in 5257 forms

You can include their bank accounts (joint or sole accounts).
I will add stmts

If their properties are rented then you can include rental income for available finances.

For the strong ties, you must include:
1. The CA's statement will not work in isolation. Do include the property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts + excerpts from MagicBricks/Times Property/Citibank Realty reports to back the current indicative market rates for their property
with CA letter i will property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts
no Idea on MagicBricks and how to get free stmt an include

2. For rented property (if it's the case): Rent agreement + 2-3 months' rent receipts + bank statement confirming rent payments
no rented property

3. For employment: Leave approval letter stating your dad will have his job when he returns + proofs of any work-related commitments for which your parents must return by a specific date
Leave approval letter will add with mentioning stay duration

4. 2-3 months credit card statements (of your parents) is the dues are low. Not debit cards
no credit cards

5. Do prepare a day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing/meeting relatives and friends/activities with expense estimates + prove they can pay for it
any format which i can use any modify accordingly

Have your parents visited the US in the last 10 years or have valid US visas? Any other countries?
What's the purpose of their visit and for how long?
They have USA 10 yrs visa but didnt get a chance to visit usa yet . so what to mentioned in 'Letter of explanation'?
Did you define them as needing financial support ? Or what did you select Yes, or No for that question? Please assist. My parents have enough funds to afford a ticket and some days of stay, but not really enough for the complete stay. In such a case, should i say they are financially dependant or what?

MumTraveller

May 9, 2019
hi
i would be travelling to Canada on ICT. I would like to call my mom too for stay. She is a homemaker. Please let me know the following:
1. How long do i have to be in canada to show bank statements or pay slips before i can sponsor my mom's visa.
2. Can we apply for visitor visa for 6 months and not super visa.
3. Since she does not earn or have strong financial records, what documents will be required from her, since I will be sponsoring for the trip and stay.

regards,
MT

Reactions: belleshoe

Showman8888

Mar 20, 2017
I recently applied for my parents sponsorship under 2019 lottery system. Can I also apply for Super visa for them.

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
Thanks for information
can you tell me what is 'NOA' ?
flight tentative itinerary is sufficient ? or do i need to book actual ticket?
NOA is notice of assessment which comes after you file income tax return with CRA

CanadaAspirant123

Feb 21, 2019
Hi,
I have a query regarding documentation required for parent's Canada Visitor Visa.
Since I am going to send an invitation letter and my supporting documents for my parent's visitor visa so I noticed that in my passport my mother's name is different from the name which is there in my mother's passport.
Mother's name in my passport - Shila
Mother's name in mother's passport - Raj Shila
Spouse name in my father's passport - Raj Shila

So please advice while sending supporting documents from my side for my parent's visa application do I need to send my passport copy also or not ? Because I am afraid, it may create confusion.

Or I just mention my mother's name in my invitation letter same as her name in her passport ?

Or it will not create any issue if I'll share my passport copy also along-with all other documents ?

Or do we need any other supporting document to cover this gap ?

Please advice at the earliest. Thanks in advance !!

Reactions: AJPB

vkuma014

Dec 17, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I am filling visitor visa application for my parents. Thing is they are having around ~ CAD 7000 in their account and I am planning to support rest of the expenses on my own. Would you please suggest any of the following cases work:

- File application with invitation letter mentioning that I will be supporting my parents trips

- Transfer required amount to my parent's account directly.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I am filling visitor visa application for my parents. Thing is they are having around ~ CAD 7000 in their account and I am planning to support rest of the expenses on my own. Would you please suggest any of the following cases work:

- File application with invitation letter mentioning that I will be supporting my parents trips

- Transfer required amount to my parent's account directly.

Thank you.
Bryanna is gone from the forum for personal reasons. Your parents have to prove that they can support their own travels. If you travel a bunch of money to them it will be evident that they did not earn these funds and those funds could be ignored. Your best option is to transfer small amounts of money over long periods of time which they could actually earn. If you suddenly transfer something like 5k in their account it looks like a transfer for them to be approved for a TRV.

anubhav_29

Apr 7, 2017
Hi All ,

I'm a permanent resident and in Canada since April-19, I and my wife both are working. I want to apply for my parent's TRV. I have a few questions.

Ties to home country: My father is retired as a school teacher ( private ) and don't have any pension, now he takes private tuitions. Also, they live in a house that is on my wife's name. They don't have any property under their name.

Funds: They have sufficient funds of more than 15,000 CAD in their accounts. Do I still need to provide my bank statement?

Application process: Should I create a new GC key, as I would be submitting the application on their behalf?

Also, i want TRV for my mother and father both, do I need to submit a separate application or i can include both in the same application.

I' m confused on how to prove ties to their home country as they do not have a job or a property in their name , they are living in a house which is on my wife's name.

Please suggest.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All ,

I'm a permanent resident and in Canada since April-19, I and my wife both are working. I want to apply for my parent's TRV. I have a few questions.

Ties to home country: My father is retired as a school teacher ( private ) and don't have any pension, now he takes private tuitions. Also, they live in a house that is on my wife's name. They don't have any property under their name.

Funds: They have sufficient funds of more than 15,000 CAD in their accounts. Do I still need to provide my bank statement?

Application process: Should I create a new GC key, as I would be submitting the application on their behalf?

Also, i want TRV for my mother and father both, do I need to submit a separate application or i can include both in the same application.

I' m confused on how to prove ties to their home country as they do not have a job or a property in their name , they are living in a house which is on my wife's name.

Please suggest.
Property includes owning a home. If you have savings your bank statement can’t hurt. Yes they can be included on the same application. You can create an account as if you were them to help them fill out the application. Do they have to return for something. Are they caring for parents? Have they travelled to countries like Canada before? If they get refused you can apply for a supervisa next year if you qualify.

anubhav_29

Apr 7, 2017
Property includes owning a home. If you have savings your bank statement can’t hurt. Yes they can be included on the same application. You can create an account as if you were them to help them fill out the application. Do they have to return for something. Are they caring for parents? Have they travelled to countries like Canada before? If they get refused you can apply for a supervisa next year if you qualify.
They don't own a property, but me and my wife jointly own a property in which they live. my mom is a housewife and dad is retired.

I m not sure how to prove ties to home county as they do not have a job and they earn from their Fd's and retirment savings and my father take private tutions.