+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Oh okay do you know how can I do it ? Is there a section or option on their website for open work permit extension?
you can check it online there is surely an option my friend renews recently after getting accepted

starsinthesky

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
hey all, when you are a refugee claimants, you can have free therapy and provide it on the court. I can support if someone need help. Feel free to dm me

Waelsayed

Feb 6, 2020
Hi. Everyone.
Today went for my Virtual hearing.
Got my hearing scheduled after three years.

The judge was very polite. All went very fast-paced as i was not using any interpreter. Manage to ask a lot of questions in an hour. The hearing lasted 1 hour after 1-hour judge have no more questions and went for a 45m break. After break positive decision.

On the decision judge said.
All of my claims and alligations were supported by documnets .
There was no inconsistency in my testimony with my BOC or with my supporting Docs.
Fully satisfied with Credibility.
No Confusion on IFA as per my testimony and with supporting news articles.

Thanks, everyone.
Best of luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. Everyone.

The judge was very polite. All went very fast-paced as i was not using any interpreter. Manage to ask a lot of questions in an hour. The hearing lasted 1 hour after 1-hour judge have no more questions and went for a 45m break. After break positive decision.

There was no inconsistency in my testimony with my BOC or with my supporting Docs.

Thanks, everyone.
Best of luck.
What country are you from?

PARMOD92

Apr 16, 2020
Hi

I am waiting for hearing from 2019 with family and my case with govt lawyer ..please someone suggest me good lawyer with genuine fees ..I want my hearing

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi. Everyone.

Thanks, everyone.
Best of luck.
Congratulations finally big relief

Waelsayed

Feb 6, 2020
What country are you from?
Honestly i don't think judge really care about which country your came from and which way you came here . As long as you can prove what you claiming. They not gonna reach to a conclusion based on you country condition. Of course if its on one of the countries that fall into expedite process.

Waelsayed

Feb 6, 2020
Hi

I am waiting for hearing from 2019 with family and my case with govt lawyer ..please someone suggest me good lawyer with genuine fees ..I want my hearing
Sorry to hear that but i was also waiting from 2018 . I got my hearing exactly after three year. I know it's frustrating but RPD is dealing with backlog. Changing lawyer not gonna help you to get an hearing schedule.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Has anyone attended a virtual hearing recently? i have hearing shortly and as usual mix feelings what to focus mainly

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Honestly i don't think judge really care about which country your came from and which way you came here . As long as you can prove what you claiming. They not gonna reach to a conclusion based on you country condition. Of course if its on one of the countries that fall into expedite process.
What country you are from certainly has an influence. There are certain countries where there is almost guaranteed acceptance due to the conditions in the country. For example if you are from Yemen or Afghanistan you are almost guaranteed approval unless you have strong links to the major groups fighting or fought yourself.

Waelsayed

Feb 6, 2020
What country you are from certainly has an influence. There are certain countries where there is almost guaranteed acceptance due to the conditions in the country. For example if you are from Yemen or Afghanistan you are almost guaranteed approval unless you have strong links to the major groups fighting or fought yourself.
I think i already mentioned about the expedite process counties on my comments. Anyhow as i was not from one of those and as per my hearing went the judge was not interested on my country condition. As i submitted 100 pages of country condition not a single word was mentioned on my NOD about my country condition. All was about the fact and the evidence that i submitted. My thought is to focus more on you claim rather depending on country condition. Honestly i saw a dramatic change of behavior on judge after 7/8 questions. He was more relaxed then before when asking questions and the questions gets more easy and basic. The first 7/8 questions was the tricky one . I think i had a good impression after those.
He didn't even ask for lawyer submission. End of the day every case is different and we can't predict anything. Best of luck everyone.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello everyone,
Today I received my positive decision electronically through my counsel.
My hearing was scheduled for March 13 and the member made her decision on March 18 and they sent the electronic version of the NOD to my counsel through MyCase Portal and mailed it to me and my counsel. I have not received the mail yet but I am going to apply for my health card and PR ASAP with this electronic version.
I hope everyone gets their positive decision soon.
Here the timeline for my case:
1. Made the claim in June 2019.
2. Got a "less complex" letter a few months later.
3. Then nothing until December 2019 when I called IRB and they said they have decided to have a short hearing.
4. Then Covid hit in March and nothing for almost 9 months later
5. 3 months ago I received a Notice to Appear letter.
6. March 13 was the hearing and the member did not make a decision. The fact that she did not make a decision at the hearing was extremely stressful.
7. I called IRB multiple times and first week after hearing they had no updates. Second week they said that they had a decision but sent it to a third party company for transcription. Third week I called they said to wait.
8. Finally I received the electronic NOD today April 6. So totally it took almost 3 weeks.

From the day I made a claim until today it took almost 1 year and 8 months.
Hey there ! Same here got acceptance letter electronically through my lawyer's portal yesterday, but still waiting for the original to come through mail. Did you receive the mail yet or not? How long did it take?