+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

Z1986

Jan 20, 2023
Hi,recieve that my case under less complex file in march 2022,provided all documents in April. Last week my lawyer informed me that my hearing will be in November and will recieve the mail soon and that I have regular hearing. Do anyone knows why it changed from less complex to regular hearing? And why it is after 10 months from now?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Hi,recieve that my case under less complex file in march 2022,provided all documents in April. Last week my lawyer informed me that my hearing will be in November and will recieve the mail soon and that I have regular hearing. Do anyone knows why it changed from less complex to regular hearing? And why it is after 10 months from now?
Hi
Almost the same happened to me back in 2019. My case ended up being changed from less complex in Oct 2019 to regular hearing in April 2021!!! So I was in the same boat. I'd say in my case Covid hit and caused the huge delay for the hearing to be held. Also, I have been away from the realm of IRB and RPD so I don't know how much backlog they have but don't worry such delays are normal. Try to prepare for your hearing and have a complete file at hand and try to be organized and ready for your hearing. You have plenty of time but definitely retain a lawyer so you would have peace of mind about receiving correspondence from RPD and IRB.
PS: I read your post again and found out you have a lawyer so don't worry too much and just relax and wait.

philipe!!!

Apr 4, 2023
Hello , it happened with me too , any news?

philipe!!!

Apr 4, 2023
My claim was accepted today without a hearing :). It was a less complex one. Was postponed a week before the scheduled date, then a week after got the letter in the mail.
Hey moe , so they asked you for hearing then before 1 week you got accepted without hearing?

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
hello there,

Is there a possibility that documents will be approved directly after submitting them to the file review process? Or should we wait for the short hearing notice first?

thanks advance

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Did you receive any mail before turning to regular? and why there is big gap from march 2022 to jan 2023?

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
1st letter was less complex, than I received letter that I have regular hearing, which is normal as per my lawyer.
i see. why its normal according to your lawyer? if you got less complex letter, generally turns to short hearing.
anyway good luck advance

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
That is not a long wait. Some wait 2 years for a hearing.
i respect your informations. I'm just questioning for learning.
2 years should be unfair. because my one friend will go to hearing within 11 months. she never got less complex letter so i think that less complex should be more quick.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
After information is submitted it is reviewed to determine whether it still falls under less complex cases. Not unusual.
Also my one friend got hearing within 1 years 3 months he was less complex
my another friend got hearing within 1 years 4 months he was less complex
my another friend got hearing within 1 years 2 months he was regular
my another friend will have get hearing within 11 months she was regular

this is a bit weird. what do you think about these timelines?