+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts from Bangalore University for ECA at WES

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for and received official transcripts from Bangalore University for ECA at WES (for Canada PR). I am worried because of the following reasons:
1. The 'official transcripts' are nothing but the same xerox copies of marks card and degree certificate that I submitted in my application to them. They simply put a stamp and signature across each xerox copy as attested. Is this okay to send to WES?
2. The envelope they put it in was just a generic, plain, green envelope (no official university logo or name printed anywhere) but with an official stamp and signature across the closed back flap. I read somewhere that the envelope needs to be official university envelope, which mine is not. Given that there is an official stamp and sign across the back flap, will WES accept this?
3. I have two such envelopes for BSc and MSc at BU. I was planning to put them both inside another weather proof envelope of my own before sending to WES. Is this okay. Should something be written across the two green envelopes?

NOTE: I would like to hear from someone who has had real experience with BU and WES to confirm whether what they received from BU was the same and if it was okay to send for ECA.

Reactions: Mehrreen

robin.philip21

Feb 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for and received official transcripts from Bangalore University for ECA at WES (for Canada PR). I am worried because of the following reasons:
1. The 'official transcripts' are nothing but the same xerox copies of marks card and degree certificate that I submitted in my application to them. They simply put a stamp and signature across each xerox copy as attested. Is this okay to send to WES?
2. The envelope they put it in was just a generic, plain, green envelope (no official university logo or name printed anywhere) but with an official stamp and signature across the closed back flap. I read somewhere that the envelope needs to be official university envelope, which mine is not. Given that there is an official stamp and sign across the back flap, will WES accept this?
3. I have two such envelopes for BSc and MSc at BU. I was planning to put them both inside another weather proof envelope of my own before sending to WES. Is this okay. Should something be written across the two green envelopes?

NOTE: I would like to hear from someone who has had real experience with BU and WES to confirm whether what they received from BU was the same and if it was okay to send for ECA.
We had applied for transcripts from Bangalore University 2 months back. The process was the same, but I received it in a green cover but the university address was printed on it. I submitted to WES and the documents was approved. However,right now the WES status is 'on hold' as it seems WES has send the documents to the University for verification.

Reactions: RISHIFERRARI20

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
We had applied for transcripts from Bangalore University 2 months back. The process was the same, but I received it in a green cover but the university address was printed on it. I submitted to WES and the documents was approved. However,right now the WES status is 'on hold' as it seems WES has send the documents to the University for verification.
So did you contact Bangalore university and find out if they have indeed received documents for verification? If this happens, should we once again go there (Jnana Bharathi/Pariksha Bhavan) and pay the verification fee to get this done?

aswathi_ashokan

Jun 19, 2018
Hello!

to answer your queries:

1. Yes, my transcripts were also the same.

2. It is fine, the priority for WES is that it has to be a SEALED ENVELOPE from your University with the stamp/ registrar detail on the inside documents.

3. Since we also had two envelopes for bachelors and masters (both of which have to be individually sealed by BU) - we put both of them into a larger sealed envelope clearly mentioning our WES reference number- be sure you do this because it is critical.

WES evaluated my degree without any issues and I hope they do the same for you !
Good Luck

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hello!

to answer your queries:

1. Yes, my transcripts were also the same.

2. It is fine, the priority for WES is that it has to be a SEALED ENVELOPE from your University with the stamp/ registrar detail on the inside documents.

3. Since we also had two envelopes for bachelors and masters (both of which have to be individually sealed by BU) - we put both of them into a larger sealed envelope clearly mentioning our WES reference number- be sure you do this because it is critical.

WES evaluated my degree without any issues and I hope they do the same for you !
Good Luck
Thank you! May I ask, how long it took them to release your report, from the date of submission?

aswathi_ashokan

Jun 19, 2018
After receiving your documents, WES will do an initial review to check if everything is okay in terms of your documents submitted- this may take around 10 days easily.

After this stage, if you check your online account it will show a status change: Your evaluation is in progress and it will be completed as on ____________(specific date)

In my case- it took exactly 20 days for them to issue the report after initial review.

Overall you can estimate 35 calendar days (+/- 5 days) for the entire process to get completed.

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
After receiving your documents, WES will do an initial review to check if everything is okay in terms of your documents submitted- this may take around 10 days easily.

After this stage, if you check your online account it will show a status change: Your evaluation is in progress and it will be completed as on ____________(specific date)

In my case- it took exactly 20 days for them to issue the report after initial review.

Overall you can estimate 35 calendar days (+/- 5 days) for the entire process to get completed.
Thanks!

robin.philip21

Feb 28, 2018
So did you contact Bangalore university and find out if they have indeed received documents for verification? If this happens, should we once again go there (Jnana Bharathi/Pariksha Bhavan) and pay the verification fee to get this done?
Yes, I had called, but they weren't aware of this. I am not sure if I need to go directly and check.
If anyone here knows about the process for Bangalore University when the status is on hold please let me know.

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Yes, I had called, but they weren't aware of this. I am not sure if I need to go directly and check.
If anyone here knows about the process for Bangalore University when the status is on hold please let me know.
Not sure, I think we need to wait and watch or else call and talk to WES and explain the situation. Hope it works out soon! All the best!

dilpals

Jun 14, 2018
@robin.philip21 I am in same boat. My WES status in on hold due for secondary verification from Bangalore university. Don't know why they are treating all Bangalore university transcript verification like this. we need to make university aware of this. Also, if WES has communicated with them via postal mail then it will take longer time to verify. please keep us updated here if there is a change in your situation.

Bhavana.bp

Oct 20, 2018
Hi guys,
I am in the same boat. It’s been more than 4 months now my status been on hold. WES says, my masters is pending for verification from university but I have paid DD for verification as well and Bangalore university says they have already done my verification and they are very rude while on call. I have been enquiring on this from quite some time now. I am outside India currently and no clue what to do.
@dilpals, @robin.philip21, do you have any update on your candidature? Kindly suggest if there is any other way to get things done.

Regards,
Bhavana

robin.philip21

Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys,
I am in the same boat. It’s been more than 4 months now my status been on hold. WES says, my masters is pending for verification from university but I have paid DD for verification as well and Bangalore university says they have already done my verification and they are very rude while on call. I have been enquiring on this from quite some time now. I am outside India currently and no clue what to do.
@dilpals, @robin.philip21, do you have any update on your candidature? Kindly suggest if there is any other way to get things done.

Regards,
Bhavana
Hi Bhavana, We just made the payment today. Its going to take at least a couple of weeks for the university to respond to WES from what I understood.

VinaySurya

Oct 25, 2018
Hi Bhavana, We just made the payment today. Its going to take at least a couple of weeks for the university to respond to WES from what I understood.
Hello robin.philip21,

I am also facing the same issue. My degree evaluation status in ''on hold' since 2 weeks. Did WES inform you about the verification charges that needs to be paid to Bangalore University? How did you make the payment and how much is it?