+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline Ottawa

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
moti said:
After a long wait of 23 months, got a pretest RQ :mad: whenever i called the call center,they said your application is very smooth, nothing wrong you ll hear in a few days.it is so frustrating.did not visit my home country for the past 5 years, just because of this citizenship. I thought that once I would get the passport,only then I ll visit my home country. :-[
any advise,as I know you are the one who can give me the best advise.

thanks
ooohh no this must be devastating for you, you mean to tell me that after 23 months of applying they now decide to give you RQ if I were you I would be hopping mad how could they have done this, if I were you I would call them an demand that they send me a written report to detail the reason they had to give you this RQ after 23 months.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
moti said:
After a long wait of 23 months, got a pretest RQ :mad: whenever i called the call center,they said your application is very smooth, nothing wrong you ll hear in a few days.it is so frustrating.did not visit my home country for the past 5 years, just because of this citizenship. I thought that once I would get the passport,only then I ll visit my home country. :-[
any advise,as I know you are the one who can give me the best advise.

thanks
Go see your MP immediately, write up a report to this reporter mentioned in the forum. This is a case to make it into the news. It basically shows that the CIC employees did nothing with your case during the past 23 months or did a major mistake which you have to pay for. This is far from being fair treatment. Even if something's wrong with your application/status or whatsoever they NOT need to tell you that after waiting 23 months. This is a case I would evaluate with an immigration lawyer. I can understand if a judge is not satisfied and requires more information but the citizenship judge is not involved in case handling prior to test.

Mike

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Go see your MP immediately, write up a report to this reporter mentioned in the forum. This is a case to make it into the news. It basically shows that the CIC employees did nothing with your case during the past 23 months or did a major mistake which you have to pay for. This is far from being fair treatment. Even if something's wrong with your application/status or whatsoever they NOT need to tell you that after waiting 23 months. This is a case I would evaluate with an immigration lawyer. I can understand if a judge is not satisfied and requires more information but the citizenship judge is not involved in case handling prior to test.

Mike
hi mike,
which reporter are u talking about ?? is meeting with an MP helpful ??

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
moti said:
Mike
hi mike,
which reporter are u talking about ?? is meeting with an MP helpful ??
In your Case, i think yes. You have a fair point about unfair treatment. Talk to Mary Chad about the reporter.
His contact was listed here in forum about a month ago. He's from Toronto.

Mike

anandoc

Jan 8, 2013
My eCAS is finally showing that a letter for the oath ceremony was sent on March 20th informing me to show up for the oath ceremony on April 4th. I have yet to receive the letter by Canada Post.

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
anandoc said:
My eCAS is finally showing that a letter for the oath ceremony was sent on March 20th informing me to show up for the oath ceremony on April 4th. I have yet to receive the letter by Canada Post.
congrats to you man hope all goes well ;D

MapleLover

Dec 1, 2012
anandoc said:
Congrets! Have you received the letter now? Do you know where will the ceremony be held? Thanks.

anandoc

Jan 8, 2013
No, I am still waiting for the letter. Will hopefully get it in the next day or so (fingers crosses). I believe the ceremony would be held in Ottawa on Catherine Street...where the exam was also held. Will update when I get the letter finally.

anandoc

Jan 8, 2013
Ok, I finally received the official letter for the oath ceremony. My total timeline is as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 8, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 8, 2011

We started processing your application on November 7, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 2, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2013

We sent you a notice on March 20, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 4, 2013

MapleLover

Dec 1, 2012
anandoc said:
Ok, I finally received the official letter for the oath ceremony. My total timeline is as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 8, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 8, 2011

We sent you a notice on January 2, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2013

We sent you a notice on March 20, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 4, 2013
:)

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
anandoc said:

That is great news, thanks for sharing. This is just a little bit over 4 weeks from taking the test to oath. I took test March 1st so if everything goes well I can expect the oath invitation letter second week of April and oath early May. This is great news...

Mike

MapleLover

Dec 1, 2012
mikeathome said:
That is great news, thanks for sharing. This is just a little bit over 4 weeks from taking the test to oath. I took test March 1st so if everything goes well I can expect the oath invitation letter second week of April and oath early May. This is great news...

Mike
Hi Mike, would you share your time line? Thanks.

LSP

Feb 21, 2013
My application was received on Aug 2011. Still under process. Same office. How can this be?

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
MapleLover said:
Hi Mike, would you share your time line? Thanks.
Work Permit: Jun 2007 - Jan 2009 (ext. Jul 2008 - Jun 2010)
Landed: Feb 2009
Application sent: May 2011
Acknowledge Letter: May 2011 (1w)
Processing started: Jan 2012 (8m)
Test Date: Mar 2013 (13m)
Oath Date: