+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline Ottawa

mvb

Feb 8, 2013
My ecas is showing the oath invitation today (feb 17) and the letter is prepared on Feb 14....Wow, it takes 2-3 days for system to show-up online!!!!

Leonina

Apr 3, 2008
Thank you, i will call tomorrow and check. I didn't even pay attention to this detail, that it has to be transfered to Ottawa office.

I have one question regarding the PR card: did your PR card need to be renewed while you have already applied for citizenship? Ours expire this summer and we are looking to fill out the applications to have it renewed while waiting for the citizenship application process to be completed.

mvb said:
Call the CIC call center to check whether the file was transferred to Ottawa from Sydney. My wife's file went into process on Nov 29, 2012 and the file wasn't transferred yet.

From the transfer, it can take 3-9 months for test. In my case, it took 9 months.

mvb

Feb 8, 2013
My wife's PR is expiring in Aug 13 and hence she applied to renew the PR.

Having the valid PR document is a hassle free, if we want to travel for vacation!

Leonina

Apr 3, 2008
I just checked and the file was transfered to Ottawa at the end of January. Hope to have some news in the following months.

As for the PR card i am preparing to apply for renewal by the end of this month as it expires in July.

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Leonina said:
I just checked and the file was transfered to Ottawa at the end of January. Hope to have some news in the following months.

As for the PR card i am preparing to apply for renewal by the end of this month as it expires in July.
once your file is transferred to Ottawa its about a 9 months wait before u do test.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
coolbreeze30 said:
once your file is transferred to Ottawa its about a 9 months wait before u do test.
I our case, me + 2 colleagues it was 12+ months. Don't know exactly; at one time Kingston office got closed and we were transferred. From process started to test it took 13 months, from AOL to process started 8, 21 in total to take the test. Add x months till oath...

Mike

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
ottawa_girl said:
did you guys got RQs from Ottawa office ?

Or your given estimated time is for non-RQ ? Thanks
nope I did not get RQ my whole process took 22 months in total I take oath next month.

ottawa_girl

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks for the reply.
Got RQ 5 months ago, still waiting, so far total time since applied is 20 months but with RQs could last way after Xmas :-X

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi, congrats coolbreeze for the oath invitation. No updates on my side,still waiting for the test invitation.should I call the cic call center as its been 21 months since application was received by cic ? Hi Mike, did they tell you when the Kingston office closed and when your application was sent to Ottawa office ?:(

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
moti said:
Hi, congrats coolbreeze for the oath invitation. No updates on my side,still waiting for the test invitation.should I call the cic call center as its been 21 months since application was received by cic ? Hi Mike, did they tell you when the Kingston office closed and when your application was sent to Ottawa office ?:(
hey Moti I think you should call the cic call center because they can send an email to the local cic center to find out why it's taking so long, an once you do the test providing you pass it you will get the oath letter quickly in my case it took one month to get the letter. Make sure you also check the ecas info online on the cic website to see the status of your app just in case the mail man did not deliver your mail.