+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

This

DarkDragons91

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
So I am still getting everything together and most things keep confusing me. Go figure must be the blonde in me. Just kidding. I am struggling over the medical exam that I need to get and the FBI background check. I want to send everything in at once so they won't send a letter later asking for it. Though it seems impossible because the guy in ohio seems to be seriously expensive just for a physical.

So does anyone happen to know if there are payment plans to pay one of these doctors? I am not rich and in 3 months of me working I only saved up 800 and that doesn't even pay for the forums.

I am also worried about the part about proving we are in a continuous relationship. I cant exactly pull the texts I have on my phone off and we only get on facebook just to video chat. How would I go bout proving we are in a continuous relationship?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
*EDIT* I just read some of your other posts and see that you're applying Outland. Disregard most of what I said below*

Well if you are a blonde...you must know what the capital of Ohio is right??

It's the letter `O'. HA!

Ahem...
I'll kick things off for you, but those with more knowledge will be of more help to you...sit tight.

Firstly, are you applying Inland or Outland? Common-Law or conjugal partner (I suspect C-L)?

If you are applying Inland, meaning that you are both in Canada and plan to remain in Canada for the duration of the process, you CAN send your FBI PCC and medical later. You just need to include a short note in your application package informing CIC of this and that you will forward them when requested. This would give you about 11 months (based on the current processing times for stage 1 approval of the sponsor) before CIC would likely ask you for them. This would also save you some $$ in the interim.

You don't have to pay all the fees upfront, although it is recommended. All you really have to pay is the $75 +$475 ($550) to start the process. You can pay the $490 Right of Permanent Residence fee at the end of the process.

Now comes the fun part; proving that your relationship is continuous and genuine!

What type of phone do you have? There's probably a way to get the text messages off, by searching the web for a third party program or similar.

Search this forum for words like evidence or proof of relationship to get ideas of what others have submitted.
You would NEED things like:
Joint rental agreement (or notarized letter from your landlord stating that you've been cohabitating).
Joint cell bill (or other utility bill showing both names at the same address).
Letters from friends, colleagues, family, etc., regarding your relationship/cohabitation.
Cards (Valentines, Christmas, Birthday, etc. [send photocopies as you'll likely never see the originals again])

If however you are married, applying for spousal sponsorship, the proof would not need to be as convincing.

Hopefully, this gets the ball rolling for you.

Good luck!

DarkDragons91

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I'm applying out-land as I couldn't stay in Canada because I could not work to support myself. It was putting a financial strain on an already financial strain. So here I am trying my hardest to get all this stuff done.

Nice joke btw. I actually laughed!

We are common-law partners and have had the forum signed for the forums. I can't think of it right now but that is what it is. We became said common-law in September when I lived with him an entire year. Now I fear that we might not be common-law anymore cause we don't live together?

Also I was wondering about marriage? Will him marrying me change anything?? We are already engaged and plan to marry in the future. He keeps bring it up to me to ask if we got married now, would I be able to stay up there and work will applying for PR. or will it give me Citizenship instantly like it did in the past.

I have a prepaid phone, we share a bank account if that helps? He also has no job so we are worried about the sponsorship part.

rice-racer

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ok, first, try stay in one thread with your issue, as it's easier to follow, and people will respond, all in order.
If outland, here is what is best, if genuine. Get married in Canada, then you are more easily linked to a citizen here as a family member.
You are using the required doctor as specified by Immigration Canada for your area, correct? The FBI is the longest to wait back from, it takes about 4-6 weeks for you to receive your information, and if you can, save for your medicals, and then it can ALL be submitted together.
I have no idea of payment plans etc, that's up to them I assume, but it gets the ball rolling.
From the words I read, if you don't have permanent residence , you are NOT a Canadian Citizen in the past, so be cautious of your words.There is a waiting period after getting permanent residence of 3 years, before applying for citizenship.

DarkDragons91

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I mean back when, when people use to get married and get citizenship instantly. XD!

Yes, I am using the doctor they have on their site. I don't think that I can just go to my doctor down the street and perform a medical exam for immigration.

As for the saving up part. I am trying to do that but the hard part is : 1040 forums, 20-50 FBI not sure anymore haven't looked in 2 months, 1000 for the doctor visit.

I am not rich and do not work a rich job. I am beyond poor and its hard to save up money for anything. It took me about 4 months just to gather 800 dollars and that is slowly depleting because I have to eat. By the time I have enough money to save up for everything it will be well past a year and that would be a year of not seeing each other in person.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
DarkDragons91 said:
I mean back when, when people use to get married and get citizenship instantly. XD!

Yes, I am using the doctor they have on their site. I don't think that I can just go to my doctor down the street and perform a medical exam for immigration.

As for the saving up part. I am trying to do that but the hard part is : 1040 forums, 20-50 FBI not sure anymore haven't looked in 2 months, 1000 for the doctor visit.

I am not rich and do not work a rich job. I am beyond poor and its hard to save up money for anything. It took me about 4 months just to gather 800 dollars and that is slowly depleting because I have to eat. By the time I have enough money to save up for everything it will be well past a year and that would be a year of not seeing each other in person.
OK. Let me see if I can help you with just a bit of stress relief here. First, you only NEED to pay $75 for your sponsors application and $475 for your PR application up front. Your RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee) of $490 can be paid once your application has been approved, so it will give you a few months to get that together. The FBI prints will cost $18 plus any fees associated with getting your ink roll fingerprints done on their card by local law enforcement or whomever. I personally paid $20 for mine in Michigan. The doctors fees should not be anywhere near that much for an immigration medical. I would think that total cost for xrays, blood work and the actual doctor should be less than $500, but you would have to call them to verify this information. I know I had my medical done IN Canada and it was like $270 total. If you call the doctor from the list for your area they will tell you exactly how much it will cost so you can budget accordingly.

Now, for the issue about still being common law. The longer you wait to file the application the more likely it will be they will say you no longer qualify. Honestly though I gotta ask. Why is it he is not working and you are the only one busting ass to try to get this together? I don't want to come off sounding condescending or making you feel like you are being attacked, however if he's not working how are you guys going to support yourselves once you have been granted PR? This is going to be a HUGE question mark for the VO processing your application, so you two had better put your heads together to come up with a plan that will not put either of you on social assistance.

Speaking of which, he can qualify to sponsor you so long as he is not receiving social assistance. He should have a good explanation as to how he currently supports himself and how you guys will support yourselves in the future.

Good luck.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
If you have an iPhone you can pull your texts off.

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
How long have you not lived together? Because that will have a massive effect on whether you can apply as common law.

rice-racer

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Alurra71 said:
OK. Let me see if I can help you with just a bit of stress relief here. First, you only NEED to pay $75 for your sponsors application and $475 for your PR application up front. Your RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee) of $490 can be paid once your application has been approved, so it will give you a few months to get that together. The FBI prints will cost $18 plus any fees associated with getting your ink roll fingerprints done on their card by local law enforcement or whomever. I personally paid $20 for mine in Michigan. The doctors fees should not be anywhere near that much for an immigration medical. I would think that total cost for xrays, blood work and the actual doctor should be less than $500, but you would have to call them to verify this information. I know I had my medical done IN Canada and it was like $270 total. If you call the doctor from the list for your area they will tell you exactly how much it will cost so you can budget accordingly.

Now, for the issue about still being common law. The longer you wait to file the application the more likely it will be they will say you no longer qualify. Honestly though I gotta ask. Why is it he is not working and you are the only one busting ass to try to get this together? I don't want to come off sounding condescending or making you feel like you are being attacked, however if he's not working how are you guys going to support yourselves once you have been granted PR? This is going to be a HUGE question mark for the VO processing your application, so you two had better put your heads together to come up with a plan that will not put either of you on social assistance.

Speaking of which, he can qualify to sponsor you so long as he is not receiving social assistance. He should have a good explanation as to how he currently supports himself and how you guys will support yourselves in the future.

Good luck.
I totally agree with Alurra71's words.....it just doesn't look right, even from my view of what I've read so far.
He will need to show some form of income, regular job duties, along with his tax information from the government here, just to get off first base.
There HAS to be some kind of guarantee in the VO's opinion of showing you will be able to support yourselves, and a good track record of employment on HIS side will be looked at #1. If they took a chance, and gave you PR, and he couldn't support you, you got sick, anything can happen, what would they do, let you collect Welfare? Not likely.
And as far as the costs, yes, your numbers seem pretty high, but still, either you can do it, and I mean him helping, or you can't, save and do it when you can. It just seems like an odd picture here, like you're doing all the work and expenses.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
What's that doctor checking up exactly for $1000? Please call up the other designated medical practitioners in your city for a quote. Mine was $220.
You can download all your data on facebook. Go to the Account section, and you will see "download facebook data". Click on that, will take about 5-10 mins. It will download everything from instant msgs, chat, pictures, anything you've done on facebook, etc. Hopefully, you should find a log of your video chats.

Regarding work - have you considered looking for jobs in Canada? It will entail finding an employer willing to apply for a LMO (labor market opinion) for you which will enable you apply for a work permit tied to that employer.
The other option is a NAFTA work permit - not sure about eligibility requirements, but see if you qualify.

Having a job and some savings is good - include a recently dated employment letter with your duties and proof of savings with your application. As your partner(sponsor) is not working, he will need to explain how he supports himself and how he will support you as well when you come. If you guys will be getting help from his parents or anyone else, it would be wise to mention it and get affidavits from them.

DarkDragons91

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
So far we have not lived together in about 4 months. I left Sept 4th. As for the reason he is not working is he is a full time student. I was hoping to support myself by getting a work permit when I become PR. Though someone said once I am a PR I do not need a work permit??? How long do you think it will be before I no longer qualify because I am saving up money to pay for this and it takes quite awhile.

jboo

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
Becki567 said:
If you have an iPhone you can pull your texts off.
How can I pull the text messages from my iPhone?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
DarkDragons91 said:
So far we have not lived together in about 4 months. I left Sept 4th. As for the reason he is not working is he is a full time student.
Once you live together 12 consecutive months you are legally common-law, and continue to be even if you then move apart for a valid reason (work, school, family etc). However the longer you live apart, the more difficult is to prove the common-law relationship still exists. You need to show ongoing proof that the relationship is continuing while being apart, and that the separation is temporary and short and the main goal is to live together again.

Do you also have suitable proof to show your 12 months of cohabitation? Common-law is a legal status, so if you can prove common-law then there is no difference in applying as married or common-law. Hopefully you have things like a joint rental/lease, mail to both of you delivered to address, letter from landlord, shared utilities, bank account, credit card, life insurance etc etc.

Oh and when my wife did her medical in Toronto, the price was around $120 for the doctor, and another $60 or so for the x-rays.

DarkDragons91

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Dang, I should of done my medical in canada!!!! DX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYWHO,

I have all the flight papers, my visitor papers to show I lived there a whole year. I also have a letter from his mother (who we lived with) stating that I was at her home for a whole year. I also have a letter from my mother stating when he visited and when I left.

We have a joint bank account but that is it, as we don't pay rent or any bills.