+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Hi All,

Planning to apply for PCC at the PSK. I had a few doubts.

1. Documents required to carry at the time of the appointment.
2. How much time does it take to get the PCC ?
3. Is the PCC stamped on the passport or do we get a separate letter that needs to be scanned and uploaded ?
4. How do we ensure the PCC is not time bound ?

regards,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akmoolah said:
Also Change of information form has a place where it says file number but i havent got any file numbers yet!

So i think i have to wait for AOR till i get my file number
akmoolah said:
So i got a new job offer while i was in middle of submitting my OINP application so i didnt update this because i was still unsure about the new job process, Is it mandatory to inform OINP about this that i will be joining new company or should i just update myCIC account and it should be fine.
:-\
Unless this change of job involves moving to another country, it makes no difference to your OINP application and it doesn't add any eligibility points to your profile. If the new job is in the same country as your previous job, you don't need to inform OINP about this change. This job will also not be required to feature in Work history section of your application as it adds no points to your CRS. But you'll mention it in the Personal history section of your post ITA application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Hi All,

Planning to apply for PCC at the PSK. I had a few doubts.

1. Documents required to carry at the time of the appointment.
2. How much time does it take to get the PCC ?
3. Is the PCC stamped on the passport or do we get a separate letter that needs to be scanned and uploaded ?
4. How do we ensure the PCC is not time bound ?

regards,
PCC obtained from Indian passport authorities is not time bound. PCC is a separate letter that needs to be scanned an uploaded in the corresponding placeholder. Members have reported that PCC from Indian passport authorities can be obtained on the same day in some cases while, in other cases, there could be a requirement for a fresh police verification exercise which could cause some delay. Typical document requirements for PCC from any country include a copy of the ITA letter and your passport. Other documents might be requested based on your unique situation.

CIC guidelines for Indian PCC ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

Indian PCC procedure ---> http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

akmoolah

Nov 28, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Unless this change of job involves moving to another country, it makes no difference to your OINP application and it doesn't add any eligibility points to your profile. If the new job is in the same country as your previous job, you don't need to inform OINP about this change. This job will also not be required to feature in Work history section of your application as it adds no points to your CRS. But you'll mention it in the Personal history section of your post ITA application.
Thanks man! Your a legend ;D

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Asivad Anac said:
Possible. But that will require you to return your COPR after you get your new passport and get a new COPR. As I said, delays now or later but delays nonetheless.
Alright, makes sense. I guess I'll just have to face one of two evils. ;)
Thanks a lot again!

Halifaxian

Jan 7, 2016
A question about Canadian work experience.

Dear Asivad Anac, I was once a visiting scholar with a worker VISA at Acadia University from September 2014 to August 2015. During this period, I received government scholarship and my home university still paid me. My main activity at Acadia was to audit courses, participate academic activities and do some research on my academic interest. I didn't have any teaching tasks. Can my one year experience account as Canadian work experience? In NOC, visiting scholar belongs to the category of University professors and lecturers.

Thank you very much.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halifaxian said:
A question about Canadian work experience.

Dear Asivad Anac, I was once a visiting scholar with a worker VISA at Acadia University from September 2014 to August 2015. During this period, I received government scholarship and my home university still paid me. My main activity at Acadia was to audit courses, participate academic activities and do some research on my academic interest. I didn't have any teaching tasks. Can my one year experience account as Canadian work experience? In NOC, visiting scholar belongs to the category of University professors and lecturers.

Thank you very much.

Canadian work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1).

By the above definition, you should be able to count your experience as CWE. What is critical though is your choice of NOC - since you did not teach at all, you will have difficulty justifying NOC 4011. If you're able to search for an appropriate NOC that defines your experience at that point in time, you can claim CWE for that year. Else not.

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Dear Asivad,

I would like to interrupt you for a question for hopefully one last time:

My situation is as follows. I have attended the first half of my studies in the US (4 months). Then came back to my home country and after one year I have attended the second half of my master studies in the US (another 4 months). I then returned to my home country again. 3 months later, I traveled in New York for 3 months.

My understanding is that I don't need to provide a Police Certificate. Is there any possibility that they will reject my application if I don't?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien86 said:
Dear Asivad,

I would like to interrupt you for a question for hopefully one last time:

My situation is as follows. I have attended the first half of my studies in the US (4 months). Then came back to my home country and after one year I have attended the second half of my master studies in the US (another 4 months). I then returned to my home country again. 3 months later, I traveled in New York for 3 months.

My understanding is that I don't need to provide a Police Certificate. Is there any possibility that they will reject my application if I don't?
You don't need a PCC. This won't be a reason for refusal.

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
I am finally able to upvote users and Asivad is my first of course :) ... Forever grateful Sir/Madam ;)

RBT

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Are you sure it says 12 months? Generally, passport must be valid for at least 6 months when sending it to CIC after PPR.
Yes my friend, i was little surprised too as everywhere i saw required validity was 6 months. Now i have 27 days to send renewed passport. They even gave a separate dialogue box on the PPR letter on this expiry requirment. While I am confident I will be able to get the passport renewed and sent within 27 days, i needed ur view:
1. Shud i send cse with new passport copy after/before sending PP
2. Shud i reply to the PPR email and inform CPC that there will be new PP
3. Shud i just fill up the schedule that they gave me which contains information on passport numbers etc, I am not sure if everyone needs to fill up this appendix/schedule or not.
I remain one of your greatest admirers.

Cheers

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RBT said:
Yes my friend, i was little surprised too as everywhere i saw required validity was 6 months. Now i have 27 days to send renewed passport. They even gave a separate dialogue box on the PPR letter on this expiry requirment. While I am confident I will be able to get the passport renewed and sent within 27 days, i needed ur view:
1. Shud i send cse with new passport copy after/before sending PP

Simultaneously.

2. Shud i reply to the PPR email and inform CPC that there will be new PP

Yes.

3. Shud i just fill up the schedule that they gave me which contains information on passport numbers etc, I am not sure if everyone needs to fill up this appendix/schedule or not.

Required submission as they reconfirm some information which might (or might not) have changed during the process.

I remain one of your greatest admirers.

Cheers

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

I've submitted a CSE on 15 Dec with a document I promised to send in a LOE with my application. Until today I've had no reply or confirmation that my application has been updated. I've used the country specific CSE link. I've heard that there is a general CSE link. If so do you have it and do you suggest I submit the same there?

Many thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ufa6174 said:
Hi Asivad,

I've submitted a CSE on 15 Dec with a document I promised to send in a LOE with my application. Until today I've had no reply or confirmation that my application has been updated. I've used the country specific CSE link. I've heard that there is a general CSE link. If so do you have it and do you suggest I submit the same there?

Many thanks
Send a generic CSE. Your LVO might not have any clue about your EE application as these are centrally processed in CPC, Ottawa.

CSE ---> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx