Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldek1986 said:
Hi Guys

I did my medicals in Apollo Heart Centre in Chennai today...Panel Physician observed some mild cyst in my thyroid and requested to do Ultrasound..Hence I did Ultrasound and the report states as per the below..

"Asymmetrically enlarged thyroid gland with diffuse coarse echotexture showing cystic areas.
Suggested further evaluaion"

Doctor said she will upload all the findings to the CIC site..

I am really worried would this step fail my medicals..

Pls advice what i need to you..
Fairly certain that this won't be a roadblock but you should certainly get this tested further for your own benefit.

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have been in a state of confusion over past some time whether I should re-load my EE application for the OINP or not. There are 2 doubts I have in my mind regarding this:

1. What is the processing time under OINP scheme? I mean how much time Ontario province takes to grant PR from the date of ITA? Is it regulated under CIC rule of 6 months or the time frame is more? If yes, how much more for an average application?

2. If I'm lucky to get an OINP supported ITA, will it be obligatory for me to accept that ITA and will have to necessarily pay the application review fee to the Ontario state? In other words, will that mean I will have to pull out my application from EE federal pool and have to take the provincial route? Will that be the end of federal ITA thing ?

Pl help me, I'm at 446, of course EE system is still not in full flow and we all hope it's gonna come down from 450 or lesser but it's always good to have a plan B. Thanks in advance!

sumit446

Oct 4, 2015
Dear Asivad,

I have few things to understand. Looking for your kind suggestions.

1. I have received the Notifcation of Interest from Ontario. Can I make any changes to the EE profile now . I am expecting the correction of my passing year for my graduation in my WES report. Thus I may get a new WES ref no based on the revised WES report. If I can update the EE now , should I write a Letter of explanation for this change along with other documents. If I cannot make a change, what do you suggest, as the WES ref no in my EE profile and the actual WES copy that I would send to Ontario and later to CIC would not match.

FYI, since Graduation certification is not mandatory (as I already have my Masters certified as Masters in Canada equivalency) I have not mentioned my graduation details in the EE profile. If I can edit the EE now, I am planning to add the graduation details to EE profile and update the revised WES ref no in Masters section of EE once I get the revised WES report.

2. Another point is if I am unable to get the WES report revised in the next 45 days, the year of graduation on my Ontario application would not tie to the WES report. In that case, do you think an LOE will work or I have some other option?

3. On proof of funds, I believe Normal bank statements are sufficient. or a separate letter on bank letterhead is required?

4. Further, 6 months bank statement is 6 months preceding date of receiving of Notification of Interest OR 6 months preceding despatch of documents by me to Ontario? In the former case, my 6 month average balance would not meet the Funds requirement.

Thanks a lot as always

Sumit

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bablaa said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have been in a state of confusion over past some time whether I should re-load my EE application for the OINP or not. There are 2 doubts I have in my mind regarding this:

1. What is the processing time under OINP scheme? I mean how much time Ontario province takes to grant PR from the date of ITA? Is it regulated under CIC rule of 6 months or the time frame is more? If yes, how much more for an average application?

Ontario will take 90 days or more to process your application. They don't grant PR. They grant PN only which leads to ITA within a month. Then you have 60 days to submit your post ITA application to CIC following which CIC would take anywhere from 3 to 6 months to process your PR.

2. If I'm lucky to get an OINP supported ITA, will it be obligatory for me to accept that ITA and will have to necessarily pay the application review fee to the Ontario state? In other words, will that mean I will have to pull out my application from EE federal pool and have to take the provincial route? Will that be the end of federal ITA thing ?

The fees has to be paid upfront to Ontario. Your federal route and provincial route will coexist till Ontario confirms your nomination and you accept the same.

Pl help me, I'm at 446, of course EE system is still not in full flow and we all hope it's gonna come down from 450 or lesser but it's always good to have a plan B. Thanks in advance!

446 is competitive. But there is no surety that the scores will fall to those levels anytime soon. I recommend that you apply to Ontario if you get an invite from them.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sumit446 said:
Dear Asivad,

I have few things to understand. Looking for your kind suggestions.

1. I have received the Notifcation of Interest from Ontario. Can I make any changes to the EE profile now . I am expecting the correction of my passing year for my graduation in my WES report. Thus I may get a new WES ref no based on the revised WES report. If I can update the EE now , should I write a Letter of explanation for this change along with other documents. If I cannot make a change, what do you suggest, as the WES ref no in my EE profile and the actual WES copy that I would send to Ontario and later to CIC would not match.

1) Yes, you can make changes now as long as those changes do not bring your CRS below 400 OR those changes do not make you ineligible for EE or OINP in any manner.

2)**IMO** As of now, give it as it is in the WES report. After you get the updated WES report, you can send them a mail asking them to correct the detail. They will then ask for the updated report and you can send it to them.

FYI, since Graduation certification is not mandatory (as I already have my Masters certified as Masters in Canada equivalency) I have not mentioned my graduation details in the EE profile. If I can edit the EE now, I am planning to add the graduation details to EE profile and update the revised WES ref no in Masters section of EE once I get the revised WES report.

By "Graduation Certification", I assume you mean "bachelor's degree". If yes, then I see no harm in updating your profile with it (nut it is not necessary). And yes, you can update the EE profile with the new report number and inform OINP.

2. Another point is if I am unable to get the WES report revised in the next 45 days, the year of graduation on my Ontario application would not tie to the WES report. In that case, do you think an LOE will work or I have some other option?

Read my second part of the answer for the first question.

3. On proof of funds, I believe Normal bank statements are sufficient. or a separate letter on bank letterhead is required?

Getting a bank letter is highly recommended (required, IMO). You must also get the statements from the bank (stamped). Do not submit downloaded e-statements.

4. Further, 6 months bank statement is 6 months preceding date of receiving of Notification of Interest OR 6 months preceding despatch of documents by me to Ontario? In the former case, my 6 month average balance would not meet the Funds requirement.

There are no strict rules about this but it is advisable to get the statements till a date closer to the date of your submission. IMO, it is not mandatory for the average balance to be 6 months old (No where it is mentioned it should be). You just need to have the required funds in your account, that's all. As long it is yours, you need not worry.

Thanks a lot as always

Sumit

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Hope you had a good vacation. 8)

I got my AOR on Aug 5th. My background went to "in-progress" on Nov 14th. It's been a month now and I did not get any further updates from CIC. DM and PPR are the only things pending now.

My question is this.

1. Given that my bg check went to in-progress after 4+ months, what are the chances of rejection so late in the game? I understand you had some weird pof related rejection initially but in general (in normal cases) does it mean I am through? In other words did they find my eligibility criteria acceptable (like job noc match, references ok? etc)?

2. With the Syrian refugee crisis happening, as of late, I am able to notice that there have been less number of pprs being issued. I am currently working in India. I am thinking of applying for H1 and moving back to U.S as a backup plan incase CIC rejects me due to some reason or even if there is some kind of technical glitch in the system. If I do that, do you think it will complicate the issue. Meaning I have to get new references from my India job which I started working at recently after I filed my PR application AND also the new company I will be working from in the U.S ?

Regards,
Okbangaram

saahil88

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2016
Passport Req..
21-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
Hi Asivad , hoping you can help!

I applied under FSW in Toronto on October 22, 2015. On October 27th my work permit and visa expired and and I had to move back to my home country (India).

I emailed the CIC office in my city through CSE to inform about the address change but did not hear back. My ECAS still had my canadian address last time I was able to access it.

Now I'm not sure how to get it updated. Should I email the CIC office in India again or the office in Canada?

Also, will this affect my application in any way? Will my application be transferred to my home country VO and cause delays?

Thank you in Advance!

grimano

Oct 11, 2015
Dear Asivad

I am expecting an ITA in the next draw and I have a question re "have you used another name?" question.

My name in my birth certificate is John Richard Anders T. Smith (not real; just for illustration). When I first got a passport when I was 8, my name there was and still is John Richard T. Smith (not sure why Anders was removed, possibly too long to fit). My nickname is Rich and so when growing up, I used the name Richard T. Smith a lot and my Driver's license has the name Richard T. Smith as well as some financial accounts. I have gotten a notarized affidavit that states that all 3 names pertain to one and the same person. In my EE profile and future PR app, I have to use John Richard T. Smith as that is the name in my passport.

My questions are:

1. What do I answer to "Have you used another name?"
2. What docs do I need to upload in case I have to answer "yes" to question 1?

Thanks for the input. I always appreciate it

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okbangaram said:
Hi Asivad,

Hope you had a good vacation. 8)

I got my AOR on Aug 5th. My background went to "in-progress" on Nov 14th. It's been a month now and I did not get any further updates from CIC. DM and PPR are the only things pending now.

My question is this.

1. Given that my bg check went to in-progress after 4+ months, what are the chances of rejection so late in the game? I understand you had some weird pof related rejection initially but in general (in normal cases) does it mean I am through? In other words did they find my eligibility criteria acceptable (like job noc match, references ok? etc)?

Though one cannot say this for sure in the absence of official CIC process flowcharts, it does appear that your profile has passed the eligibility check.

2. With the Syrian refugee crisis happening, as of late, I am able to notice that there have been less number of pprs being issued. I am currently working in India. I am thinking of applying for H1 and moving back to U.S as a backup plan incase CIC rejects me due to some reason or even if there is some kind of technical glitch in the system. If I do that, do you think it will complicate the issue. Meaning I have to get new references from my India job which I started working at recently after I filed my PR application AND also the new company I will be working from in the U.S ?

That move won't have any impact on your PR application. You'll just need to update your address.

Regards,
Okbangaram

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
Hi Asivad , sorry to bother you but I have a doubt. In my present employment, the offer letter mentions, ' this contract has a duration of 24 months ..... so on' and in my reference letter, it says this is a permanent full time position...

does it make a difference? My employer says it should not make any difference and the reason they give that sentence is, mostly temporary workers on LMIA / etc have max. 24 months to work..

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Hi Asivad
I am in a little dilemma.
I have already got my PR approved . my single entry visa is valid till may 2016.
The problem is I don't want to quit my job in India and would want to work for atleast 1 more year. Also, I am planning my travel in feb for 2 weeks. Ofcourse, i won't get my PR card by that time. Do you think it is going to be a prob for me if I come back after 2 weeks and give my relative's address for the PR card. Later on, someone can either bring it with me or courier. Just worried about the process.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ajit90 said:
Hi Asivad
I am in a little dilemma.
I have already got my PR approved . my single entry visa is valid till may 2016.
The problem is I don't want to quit my job in India and would want to work for atleast 1 more year. Also, I am planning my travel in feb for 2 weeks. Ofcourse, i won't get my PR card by that time. Do you think it is going to be a prob for me if I come back after 2 weeks and give my relative's address for the PR card. Later on, someone can either bring it with me or courier. Just worried about the process.

Thanks
You just have to land before your visa expires. When you land, you can get your SIN and if possible your health card. You can give CIC a Canadian address and your PR card will be delivered. You can ask your friend to courier that PR card and you can return to Canada with that card.

But make sure you fulfill the residency obligation. You must be physically present in Canada for at least 2.5 years out of any 5 year period to retain your PR status.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
crazydesifool said:
Hi Asivad , sorry to bother you but I have a doubt. In my present employment, the offer letter mentions, ' this contract has a duration of 24 months ..... so on' and in my reference letter, it says this is a permanent full time position...

does it make a difference? My employer says it should not make any difference and the reason they give that sentence is, mostly temporary workers on LMIA / etc have max. 24 months to work..
I am not very sure but IMO, those words are not especially preferred by the VO. There have been quite a few rejection cases because the word "permanent" was not there. Check the "Reasons for Rejections" thread; you might find more information there.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Asivad and rajkamalmohanram,

My employment letter is great, except for the duties part (that one is a mess). I'm in the possession of a scanned document listing some of my duties, which is on a company letterhead, stamped, dated, and has a name of a person appointing me for a project. My company had emailed it to me back when I was working at that position, but I'm unable to obtain the original paper.

My intention is to upload this document as proof of duties and admit the original is not in my possession in LOE. Will this cause any troubles in the future?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
Dear Asivad and rajkamalmohanram,

My employment letter is great, except for the duties part (that one is a mess). I'm in the possession of a scanned document listing some of my duties, which is on a company letterhead, stamped, dated, and has a name of a person appointing me for a project. My company had emailed it to me back when I was working at that position, but I'm unable to obtain the original paper.

My intention is to upload this document as proof of duties and admit the original is not in my possession in LOE. Will this cause any troubles in the future?
Unlikely to cause problems. There is no need for an LOE here.