+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Btw when I had created my profile initially I had chosen point 2,(Work permit required, LMIA not required) because I was not sure what to choose. I didn't realize this could mean LMIA exempt.

I am working in a normal job where I don't have an LMIA.

Now I am worried if that is why I sis actually get an invite under CEC. I had made the proof of funds 0 however. Will this affect my application? Asivad or any other seniors, please advise.

What should I be selecting here.
1. No Work permit required
2. Work permit required, LMIA not required
3. Work permit and LMIA required
Hi,

If you are referring to the Question : <b>"Do you have a Valid job offer?" </b> the answer should be <b>"NO"</b>
Valid job offer means Job offer with LMIA.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
Hi,

If you are referring to the Question : <b>"Do you have a Valid job offer?" </b> the answer should be <b>"NO"</b>
Valid job offer means Job offer with LMIA.

I answered "No" to the Valid job offer but under work history there is another question about the current job I have which does not have an LMIA but is neither an LMIA exempt.

So for this question, What should I be selecting here.

I chose 2 when I created initial EE profile and had POF funds zero and I have 480 points, of which 50 was for foreign work experience. I got an invite but under CEC. Now I am worried if this would be considered as misinterpretation or if I am over thinking.

What should I choose now for the above question? 3 am assuming.

Any comments/advise

Thanks!

sumit446

Oct 4, 2015
Dear Asivad,

I have few things to understand. Looking for your kind suggestions.

1. I have received the Notifcation of Interest from Ontario. Can I make any changes to the EE profile now . I am expecting the correction of my passing year for my graduation in my WES report. Thus I may get a new WES ref no based on the revised WES report. If I can update the EE now , should I write a Letter of explanation for this change along with other documents. If I cannot make a change, what do you suggest, as the WES ref no in my EE profile and the actual WES copy that I would send to Ontario and later to CIC would not match.

FYI, since Graduation certification is not mandatory (as I already have my Masters certified as Masters in Canada equivalency) I have not mentioned my graduation details in the EE profile. If I can edit the EE now, I am planning to add the graduation details to EE profile and update the revised WES ref no in Masters section of EE once I get the revised WES report.

2. Another point is if I am unable to get the WES report revised in the next 45 days, the year of graduation on my Ontario application would not tie to the WES report. In that case, do you think an LOE will work or I have some other option?

3. On proof of funds, I believe Normal bank statements are sufficient. or a separate letter on bank letterhead is required?

4. Further, 6 months bank statement is 6 months preceding date of receiving of Notification of Interest OR 6 months preceding despatch of documents by me to Ontario? In the former case, my 6 month average balance would not meet the Funds requirement.

Thanks a lot as always

Sumit

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
I answered "No" to the Valid job offer but under work history there is another question about the current job I have which does not have an LMIA but is neither an LMIA exempt.

So for this question, What should I be selecting here.

I chose 2 when I created initial EE profile and had POF funds zero and I have 480 points, of which 50 was for foreign work experience. I got an invite but under CEC. Now I am worried if this would be considered as misinterpretation or if I am over thinking.

What should I choose now for the above question? 3 am assuming.

Any comments/advise

Thanks!

No need to worry. You are correct.. 2 is the correct answer for the job in Canada if you are on Open Work permit.. Give your best for the application. Go ahead... CEC inland processing is too fast.. All the very best.. Everything will be fine.. :)

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
No need to worry. You are correct.. 2 is the correct answer for the job in Canada if you are on Open Work permit.. Give your best for the application. Go ahead... CEC inland processing is too fast.. All the very best.. Everything will be fine.. :)

Thank you. I am hoping too. :)

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even after filling in Personal history a number of times and saving, my post ITA profile, still says incomplete for Personal History and I am not able to go to the Documents checklist section at all.

Any one knows why this is happening?

Thanks

YOF2015

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac

I eagerly read your posts..It sure is enlightening..

Could you pls guide me on one matter.

I did my ECA with WES for both my Bachelors (B.Com) and Masters(M.Com), but my Canadian Equivalency Summary shows it as Bachelor's degree ( four years ) despite B.Com shown as bachelors 3 years and M.com shown as bachelors 4 years. My query is can i select the 2 or more degree or diploma option when i create my EE profile...Thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chad_80 said:
Hi Asivad and others,

I have applied for PR after getting OINP nomination on November 24th. Yesterday I received a rejection letter in mycic which said:
I have never lived outside India for more than 6 months. But my PCC was from Gurgaon Police Commissionerate and it had mentioned the period of stay in my current address. I have lived in two cities Gurgaon and Bangalore during the last 10 years and that too in 5 different addresses (2 in Bangalore and 3 in Gurgaon).

I have decided to apply again with the PCC corrected. But not sure how I can do that.
  • I checked with the Gurgaon Police Commissionerate who said that if I make a fresh application mentioning all three addresses and period of stay, they can provide for the addresses in Gurgaon but can't do for period of stay in Bangalore.
  • I am not sure how I will be able to get the PCC from Bangalore Police living in Gurgaon.
  • Another option is to get PCC from PSK which I have taken appointments for next week, but that PCC will not have any dates or addresses mentioned in it.

Please suggest the best course of action. Any help highly appreciated.
Terribly sorry to hear about your refusal.

Recommend that you proceed with getting PCC from the passport authorities as that would cover the entire country and duration since you turned 18.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YOF2015 said:
Hello Asivad Anac

I eagerly read your posts..It sure is enlightening..

Could you pls guide me on one matter.

I did my ECA with WES for both my Bachelors (B.Com) and Masters(M.Com), but my Canadian Equivalency Summary shows it as Bachelor's degree ( four years ) despite B.Com shown as bachelors 3 years and M.com shown as bachelors 4 years. My query is can i select the 2 or more degree or diploma option when i create my EE profile...Thanks in advance
Unfortunately, you cannot choose 2 or more option.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tikhe0001 said:
Hi Asivad,

for education documents, this is what CIC website says;

"Document requirements

To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly with the issuing organization.
A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by CIC at a later date."

Now I have ECA and all my semester wise marksheets, degree and diploma copies. Now do I need transcripts also as highlighted in red above although it says if available. If yes I would need to contact my colleges again- Had contacted them earlier for doing ECA .

Thanks in advance.
Just the ECA and degree/certificate copies would suffice.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

My submission deadline for FBI PCC is on 19th December in the myCIC portal (after the 60 day extension)... and I checked the myCIC portal today and found the the date mentioned there is moved to 31st December.

My FBI request will most likely be opened in the coming week...

I'm having a conflicting thoughts...

1. That I should upload another LOE by 19th Dec requesting another extension and can submit a credit card charge as proof (if its charged before 19th).. and upload the FBI PCC using a CSE at a later date.

2. If I go by the date on myCIC portal (31st Dec).. I'll have the actual FBI PCC before that as i have given a US address and will most likely be delivered before Christmas...

My question here is..can I rely on the date mentioned in myCIC and wait till then.. or should I go by my first thought of uploading another LOE by 19th..

Please help..
No harm in uploading an LOE but the date on MyCIC can be safely assumed to be accurate. Take a screenshot of that as evidence, just in case.

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taral80 said:
Hello Asivad, need your advise on these two points,,
1)Is it mandatory to upload IELTS report...? since there is no slot available. Although i saw many friends uploading it in the education section. But then, i cant upload my spouse's IELTS report since there is no slot for spouse's education because i am not claiming point for spouse education....

Not required. If you want to upload, you can upload both reports together along with your educational documents along with a short LOE.

2)i have been working in the same company for last 10 years and in these 10 years i have been promoted to 3 different positions. While filling up the forms in MyCIC account i mentioned these 3 different positions as my experience. Therefore in documents checklist the system created three different upload boxes for three different roles for the reference letter to be uploaded. Since my whole experience is with the same company, my reference letter contains all the details of all three positions in a single letter according to CIC format. Therefore i am planning to upload the same reference letter to all the three uploading boxes in the uploading section. Is this ok? will this work?

This will work just fine.

Please advise...
thanks.....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Hi,

We are submitting our application for the Ontario Nomination Program. I had the following doubts.

1. Bank Statements - My Spouse is the primary applicant. We are withdrawing some MFs into my account & transferring funds first from relatives onto my account post which i will transfer all the funds into my Spouse`s account. Do i need to give a letter along with this stating the reason for transfer of funds?

Yes. Any suspiciously large credit transactions have to be reported upfront and explained in detail to avoid or remove any suspicion of presence of borrowed funds.

2. Relatives in Canada -We know of distant relatives in Canada/ Ontario but no one close enough. Therefore can i fill this section as Not Applicable ?

Yes.

3. Spouse details in the application - The application guide states that ONLY if the spouse of the principal candidate has studied/ worked in canada, the spouse documents are required. For me (spouse of the principal applicant here) who has not studied/ worked in Canada, but is mentioned in the EE application, do i still need to send documents of IELTS, WES & Work Exp ?

Only if you're claiming points for spouse's language abilities and/or education.

Thanks

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
Hi Asivad , sorry to bother you but I have a doubt. In my present employment, the offer letter mentions, ' this contract has a duration of 24 months ..... so on' and in my reference letter, it says this is a permanent full time position...

does it make a difference? My employer says it should not make any difference and the reason they give that sentence is, mostly temporary workers on LMIA / etc have max. 24 months to work..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arifurrahman said:
Dear Asivad Anac

Thank you so much for guiding us all with your valuable suggestions and advice.

Although I have already asked this question to a different thread, I would really appreciate your opinion.

I got PT notification from Ontario on 4 December 2015. Currently I am preparing my application and I need help with the settlement fund proof.

I have 3 family members including myself as the primary applicant. The min fund requirement for me I believe is $18,260.

I have got about $9700 cash from the encashment of my and my wife's savings bond and month deposit schemes.

My wife is going to sell some of her gold jewelleries at the price of about $2700.

I have an employment provident fund with my employer which currently has more than $6000

My wife also have a provident fund with her employee, but we haven't taken the amount into consideration yet.

Thus, 9700+2700+6000=$18400

Please suggest if the sale of jewellery and EPF are legitimate source of funds for my application.

Thanks in advance.
Perfectly legitimate provided you can also prove ownership of the assets prior to sale so that it is conclusively proven that these aren't borrowed funds.