+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad Anac,

My submission deadline for FBI PCC is on 19th December in the myCIC portal (after the 60 day extension)... and I checked the myCIC portal today and found the the date mentioned there is moved to 31st December.

My FBI request will most likely be opened in the coming week...

I'm having a conflicting thoughts...

1. That I should upload another LOE by 19th Dec requesting another extension and can submit a credit card charge as proof (if its charged before 19th).. and upload the FBI PCC using a CSE at a later date.

2. If I go by the date on myCIC portal (31st Dec).. I'll have the actual FBI PCC before that as i have given a US address and will most likely be delivered before Christmas...

My question here is..can I rely on the date mentioned in myCIC and wait till then.. or should I go by my first thought of uploading another LOE by 19th..

Please help..

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Hello Asivad, need your advise on these two points,,
1)Is it mandatory to upload IELTS report...? since there is no slot available. Although i saw many friends uploading it in the education section. But then, i cant upload my spouse's IELTS report since there is no slot for spouse's education because i am not claiming point for spouse education....

2)i have been working in the same company for last 10 years and in these 10 years i have been promoted to 3 different positions. While filling up the forms in MyCIC account i mentioned these 3 different positions as my experience. Therefore in documents checklist the system created three different upload boxes for three different roles for the reference letter to be uploaded. Since my whole experience is with the same company, my reference letter contains all the details of all three positions in a single letter according to CIC format. Therefore i am planning to upload the same reference letter to all the three uploading boxes in the uploading section. Is this ok? will this work?
Please advise...
thanks.....

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Hi,

We are submitting our application for the Ontario Nomination Program. I had the following doubts.

1. Bank Statements - My Spouse is the primary applicant. We are withdrawing some MFs into my account & transferring funds first from relatives onto my account post which i will transfer all the funds into my Spouse`s account. Do i need to give a letter along with this stating the reason for transfer of funds?

2. Relatives in Canada -We know of distant relatives in Canada/ Ontario but no one close enough. Therefore can i fill this section as Not Applicable ?

3. Spouse details in the application - The application guide states that ONLY if the spouse of the principal candidate has studied/ worked in canada, the spouse documents are required. For me (spouse of the principal applicant here) who has not studied/ worked in Canada, but is mentioned in the EE application, do i still need to send documents of IELTS, WES & Work Exp ?

Thanks

arifurrahman

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Nomination.....
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016. Passed on 13-01-2017
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
01-07-2017 (In Sha Allah)
Dear Asivad Anac

Thank you so much for guiding us all with your valuable suggestions and advice.

Although I have already asked this question to a different thread, I would really appreciate your opinion.

I got PT notification from Ontario on 4 December 2015. Currently I am preparing my application and I need help with the settlement fund proof.

I have 3 family members including myself as the primary applicant. The min fund requirement for me I believe is $18,260.

I have got about $9700 cash from the encashment of my and my wife's savings bond and month deposit schemes.

My wife is going to sell some of her gold jewelleries at the price of about $2700.

I have an employment provident fund with my employer which currently has more than $6000

My wife also have a provident fund with her employee, but we haven't taken the amount into consideration yet.

Thus, 9700+2700+6000=$18400

Please suggest if the sale of jewellery and EPF are legitimate source of funds for my application.

Thanks in advance.

grimano

Oct 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Though it does appear to be alright given that it is a University issued translation, this would be at the discretion of the assessing officer. Recommend that you try to get a notarized translation.
Thanks a lot as always for the inputs!

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

for education documents, this is what CIC website says;

"Document requirements

To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly with the issuing organization.
A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by CIC at a later date."

Now I have ECA and all my semester wise marksheets, degree and diploma copies. Now do I need transcripts also as highlighted in red above although it says if available. If yes I would need to contact my colleges again- Had contacted them earlier for doing ECA .

Thanks in advance.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
'Hello,

Can anyone help me with answering this question.

I got invited under CEC. I have a job with no LMIA though. What should I answer for this question in the profile though?

Which of these categories does the applicants job fall under?
No Work permit required
Work permit required, LMIA not required
Work permit and LMIA required

Thanks

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
TECC_Seneca said:
'Hello,

Can anyone help me with answering this question.

I got invited under CEC. I have a job with no LMIA though. What should I answer for this question in the profile though?

No Work permit required
Work permit required, LMIA not required
Work permit and LMIA required

Thanks
Unless your job is somhow LMIA exempt, i dont see how you would ualify for cec as you need a job with a valid lmia in order to qualify.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
Unless your job is somhow LMIA exempt, i dont see how you would ualify for cec as you need a job with a valid lmia in order to qualify.
You are an FSW outland, and I don't think you are aware of the inland applications as much. I have a score of 480 due to my foreign experience and I am currently working in Canada for more than a year. That is why I have a CEC invite.

Hi Asivad/Rajkamalmohan,
Reposting this question:

I am invited under CEC with 480 points and I am going to be submitting by PR application soon. I have an ongoing job with no LMIA though. What should I answer to this question in the profile though?

1.No Work permit required
2.Work permit required, LMIA not required
3.Work permit and LMIA required

I am guessing I need to choose 3, but please clarify.

Thanks!

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
I was in the similar situation. But my original invitation letter from my company stated that my job falls under no LMIA due to ICT. I choose option 2 as a result. Check all your letters and work permits to see whether there are any specifics mentioned in it.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw when I had created my profile initially I had chosen point 2,(Work permit required, LMIA not required) because I was not sure what to choose. I didn't realize this could mean LMIA exempt.

I am working in a normal job where I don't have an LMIA.

Now I am worried if that is why I sis actually get an invite under CEC. I had made the proof of funds 0 however. Will this affect my application? Asivad or any other seniors, please advise.

What should I be selecting here.
1. No Work permit required
2. Work permit required, LMIA not required
3. Work permit and LMIA required

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JK_CAD said:
I was in the similar situation. But my original invitation letter from my company stated that my job falls under no LMIA due to ICT. I choose option 2 as a result. Check all your letters and work permits to see whether there are any specifics mentioned in it.
No, I know for sure I am not LMIA exempt, so my score is 480 with 50 points based on my foreign work experience. Is this something I need be worried about now?

Will my points change now?

NB27

Oct 28, 2015
Dear Asivad and Seniors,

I just got a request from CIC to submit Schedule A after I submitted the Schedule 4 and 4a. Do you know why they need this Schedule A because they do not request for everyone? Should I fill in that Schedule A for my spouse as well?

Thank you.

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

I did my medicals in Apollo Heart Centre in Chennai today...Panel Physician observed some mild cyst in my thyroid and requested to do Ultrasound..Hence I did Ultrasound and the report states as per the below..

"Asymmetrically enlarged thyroid gland with diffuse coarse echotexture showing cystic areas.
Suggested further evaluaion"

Doctor said she will upload all the findings to the CIC site..

I am really worried would this step fail my medicals..

Pls advice what i need to you..

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Hi Asivad and others,

I have applied for PR after getting OINP nomination on November 24th. Yesterday I received a rejection letter in mycic which said:
The Police certificate from INDIA, for the period covering 2005/11 to 2014/XX (last 10 years or since the age of 18) was not provided. This document is required based on address/background history from 2003/04 to present. It appears you resided in that country since the age of 18. The Police Certificate you provided covers only the period from 2014/XX/XX to the present.

NOTE: You did not provide a letter of explanation and proof of submission for this Police Certificate covering the missing period of time.
I have never lived outside India for more than 6 months. But my PCC was from Gurgaon Police Commissionerate and it had mentioned the period of stay in my current address. I have lived in two cities Gurgaon and Bangalore during the last 10 years and that too in 5 different addresses (2 in Bangalore and 3 in Gurgaon).

I have decided to apply again with the PCC corrected. But not sure how I can do that.
  • I checked with the Gurgaon Police Commissionerate who said that if I make a fresh application mentioning all three addresses and period of stay, they can provide for the addresses in Gurgaon but can't do for period of stay in Bangalore.
  • I am not sure how I will be able to get the PCC from Bangalore Police living in Gurgaon.
  • Another option is to get PCC from PSK which I have taken appointments for next week, but that PCC will not have any dates or addresses mentioned in it.

Please suggest the best course of action. Any help highly appreciated.