+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

mumbai5

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
hi Asivad,

Need your advice yet again.
I am the prime applicant. I have put in work experience (India) details of my spouse.
However, for the first work (Duration of about 7 months), there is no relieving letter from the employer.
I have uploaded the appointment letter of the same.
There is just a plain mail notifying the employer that she would be leaving the job from a particlar Date.

I have found that work experience for spouse fetches points only if that is a Canadian work eperience.
Hence, I have not got any CRS points on accounts of spouse work experience.
Whilst applying for PR application, I intend to mention this in LOE.

Do I need to do anything more. pls guide.

Regards,
Mumbai5

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Hi Asivad

You have been a champ on this forum and I would like to take this opportunity to get your advice for the following:

I made a very silly mistake and already submitted only the provincial nomination certificate for Schedule 4 WITHOUT submitting the filled Schedule 4 as I was not aware of this form. Now since it is already transmitted I cannot do anything.

My only hope is to submit the Schedule 4 along with letter of Explanation in uploading Schedule 4A.

Hope they will not cancel my application for this blunder.

Pls. suggest.

Thanks.

jk_indian

Jul 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
05-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2016
LANDED..........
Expected (15-09-2016)
Dear Asivad Anac,

POF Deposit is only 4.5 months old at the time of PR application.

Opened an FD of the required POF+15%, on the last week of September 2015. The FD account was attached to my Savings account which was opened in 2008, but was idle with negligible balance except for some interest credit in May 2015. Since September, I do transactions with this account.

Last date for applying for PR online is 02-Feb-2016. On 01-Feb-2016, the FD will be around 4.5 only months old.

1. Is CIC very strict about the completion of 6 months?
2. Should I delay my application till the last date to get the statement from bank on 01-Feb-2016, to show the maximum period of funds?
3. Some of the answers in this thread suggests that only the 6 month average balance is what CIC will look for. So is it as simple that I need to put some extra money in the account and make 6 month average greater than the POF amount,and the get the certificate mentioning only this, without showing any statements?
4. Is account opening date mandatory in the bank certificate?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kanwar80 said:
Can i submit OINP application while my FSW EE is in process ?
Why? Simply, why? I don't see any logic in doing this! The only purpose of a nomination is to get an ITA and when you have already got an ITA and your application is in process, why waste a slot in OINP (which can be used by another deserving candidate) and why waste 1500 CAD?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mumbai5 said:
hi Asivad,

Need your advice yet again.
I am the prime applicant. I have put in work experience (India) details of my spouse.
However, for the first work (Duration of about 7 months), there is no relieving letter from the employer.
I have uploaded the appointment letter of the same.
There is just a plain mail notifying the employer that she would be leaving the job from a particlar Date.

I have found that work experience for spouse fetches points only if that is a Canadian work eperience.
Hence, I have not got any CRS points on accounts of spouse work experience.
Whilst applying for PR application, I intend to mention this in LOE.

Do I need to do anything more. pls guide.

Regards,
Mumbai5
You could simply remove your spouse's work experience from the employment section and retain it only in the Personal History section. IMO, this would be the best course of action.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
psharma.np said:
Hi Asivad

You have been a champ on this forum and I would like to take this opportunity to get your advice for the following:

I made a very silly mistake and already submitted only the provincial nomination certificate for Schedule 4 WITHOUT submitting the filled Schedule 4 as I was not aware of this form. Now since it is already transmitted I cannot do anything.

My only hope is to submit the Schedule 4 along with letter of Explanation in uploading Schedule 4A.

Hope they will not cancel my application for this blunder.

Pls. suggest.

Thanks.
This most definitely is a blunder but you do not have to beat yourself up. I would suggest you to raise a CSE right away and write a very polite note describing your situation and ask them to use the filled in and signed S4 form you are sending and consider your application complete!

Good luck!

mumbai5

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
You could simply remove your spouse's work experience from the employment section and retain it only in the Personal History section. IMO, this would be the best course of action.
Thank you very much Rajkamalmohanram.
I remember I have included in the main profile. Even if I remove from my PR application, it might continue to reflect in the main profile basis which my CRS points were scored.

Also pls explain what does IMO stand for.

Regards,
Mumbai5

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear seniors
I shall be applying for express entry EOI soon after receiving my WES report. My CRS score is 429 and i get 68/100 for FSWP without 5 points for my sibling in ONTARIO.
I am expecting a PT notification from ONTARIO after i create my profile.
I would like to confirm abot POF. Does Ontario requires 6 months statement from bank or a balance confirmation certificate from bank will also be aceepted?
I have recently got some funds from my parents as converted into term deposit in my name.
Please give your suggestions especially from people who have already applied to Ontario.
Thanks

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I have a few questions regarding the balance draws and what happens post the PPR.

Would you be able to throw some light/ speculate on the remaining draws that will be held in December and the potential dates/ crs scores ?
Also given its the end of the financial year, will the draws continue next year, any idea ?

Further also wanted to check, what is the process between the ITA & the PPR ?
What happens after one gets a PPR ?
How much time does the person have to move ?
Can we apply to jobs after the PPR and before moving ?
And what happens once you move?
Can you come back to your home country in between or do you have to stay in Canada for a set period?
Do you become a citizen, how much time does it take ?

SJTZ

Oct 21, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/06/2014
Nomination.....
22/10/2014
AOR Received.
01/12/2014
File Transfer...
21/10/2014
Med's Request
18/07/2016
Med's Done....
06/08/2016
Passport Req..
16/08/2016
VISA ISSUED...
29/08/2016
LANDED..........
12/11/2016
Dear Asivad,

I am facing problem with my EE. As i lost my MYCIC key login info, i created a new key and linked my previous application with the new key. I received ITA in my previous application. Now, when im logging into my MYCIC account, i can see my old application along with the invitation status. But i do not find the application link, i mean i do not find the below instructions given in my ITA
1. Log into your MyCIC account
2. Go to the section called “applications”
3. Find the application called “permanent residence” and click on it

Can you please help me with that ? Where to find the applications section?

Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mumbai5 said:
Thank you very much Rajkamalmohanram.
I remember I have included in the main profile. Even if I remove from my PR application, it might continue to reflect in the main profile basis which my CRS points were scored.

Also pls explain what does IMO stand for.

Regards,
Mumbai5
"Main profile"? Your e-APR is the "main profile". No points are awarded for that work experience so how would it affect your application?

IMO = In My Opinion

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SR14,

Hi Asivad,

I have a few questions regarding the balance draws and what happens post the PPR.

Would you be able to throw some light/ speculate on the remaining draws that will be held in December and the potential dates/ crs scores ?
Also given its the end of the financial year, will the draws continue next year, any idea ?

Speculation is a waste of time but I'd say it is very unlikely for the scores to go below 450. There is no use of speculating a "potential date". It is extremely likely for the draws to continue in 2016 unless otherwise notified by CIC.

After you get an ITA, you submit your e-APR and then you wait till you get DM/PPR.

You submit your passport to the local VO in your country to get it stamped. You'll also be given something known as a COPR (Confirmation Of Permanent Residence) along with your stamped passport.

You must land before your medicals expire (The medicals is valid for 12 months from the date of the test) OR before your current passport expires, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST!!

Yes but it is very unlikely for you to hear back from Canadian Employers for obvious reasons.

You do your landing formalities at the first POE in Canada. A CBSA officer will then say "Welcome to Canada" and you will officially be a PR. You can apply for SIN at the airport. You have to give the officer a Canadian Mailing address and your PR card will be mailed to that address.

Can you come back to your home country in between or do you have to stay in Canada for a set period?

Yes, you can come back - There is no set period (in the context that you are talking) BUT you MUST fulfill your residency obligation to maintain your PR status (That is, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 2.5 years in any 5 year period for you to maintain your PR status).

Yes, one can apply for citizenship after he has been a PR for 4 years in the past 6 years (physical presence is required with a few exceptions). As per the current laws, time spent in Canada before becoming a PR (On a student Visa etc) CANNOT be calculated.

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Thanks for this kind gesture, ashutoshmanohar! Happy to help :)
Agree.. Even though I had only few queries, I was the lucky one as well.. Great to get your help..Thanks a ton.. Also.. I have another query, please suggest:

I had started my profile in Aug 2015, with initial score of 381, till today, after 3 revisions, My score has reached 398, as of end Nov (i.e. when the last update was done), as I was desperately trying to go over 400, to get a province nomination. Here's the summary:

Original Score 381, added wife IELTS got additional 12, lost 5 due to Self birthday age revision, added 10 with wife ECA report from WES. Total today 398.

Now I want your suggestion, that should I reappear in IELTS or should my wife reappear in IELTS to increase the score or wait for a response? And HOW MUCH INCREASE Can I get thru reappear in IELTS

Principal applicant score: Self: Got 105 in Express entry Language Proficiency. IELTS Score S: 7.5, R: 7, L: 7.5, W: 6.5
Spouse score: Got 12 in Express entry Language Proficiency. IELTS Score S: 7.5, R: 6.5, L: 5.5, W: 6

Please suggest, as its been 1 year+ I'm trying, first already missed deadline in FSWP in 2014, and got refusal due to criteria got filled. Not since Aug i.e. 5 months, waiting for a response.

Regards,
SV

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
svg_dxb said:
Agree.. Even though I had only few queries, I was the lucky one as well.. Great to get your help..Thanks a ton.. Also.. I have another query, please suggest:

I had started my profile in Aug 2015, with initial score of 381, till today, after 3 revisions, My score has reached 398, as of end Nov (i.e. when the last update was done), as I was desperately trying to go over 400, to get a province nomination. Here's the summary:

Original Score 381, added wife IELTS got additional 12, lost 5 due to Self birthday age revision, added 10 with wife ECA report from WES. Total today 398.

Now I want your suggestion, that should I reappear in IELTS or should my wife reappear in IELTS to increase the score or wait for a response? And HOW MUCH INCREASE Can I get thru reappear in IELTS

Principal applicant score: Self: Got 105 in Express entry Language Proficiency. IELTS Score S: 7.5, R: 7, L: 7.5, W: 6.5
Spouse score: Got 12 in Express entry Language Proficiency. IELTS Score S: 7.5, R: 6.5, L: 5.5, W: 6

Please suggest, as its been 1 year+ I'm trying, first already missed deadline in FSWP in 2014, and got refusal due to criteria got filled. Not since Aug i.e. 5 months, waiting for a response.

Regards,
SV
The difference between CLB-8 and CLB-9 is HUGE. 60 - 80 points difference. I suggest you to re-take IELTS.

On a side note, not all provinces require CRS > 400. You can try applying to NSPNP, SINP, PEI which do not have CRS as a criteria. (They have their own criteria).

Good luck!

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
SR14,

Hi Asivad,

Speculation is a waste of time but I'd say it is very unlikely for the scores to go below 450. There is no use of speculating a "potential date". It is extremely likely for the draws to continue in 2016 unless otherwise notified by CIC.

After you get an ITA, you submit your e-APR and then you wait till you get DM/PPR.

You submit your passport to the local VO in your country to get it stamped. You'll also be given something known as a COPR (Confirmation Of Permanent Residence) along with your stamped passport.

You must land before your medicals expire (The medicals is valid for 12 months from the date of the test) OR before your current passport expires, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST!!

Yes but it is very unlikely for you to hear back from Canadian Employers for obvious reasons.

You do your landing formalities at the first POE in Canada. A CBSA officer will then say "Welcome to Canada" and you will officially be a PR. You can apply for SIN at the airport. You have to give the officer a Canadian Mailing address and your PR card will be mailed to that address.

Yes, you can come back - There is no set period (in the context that you are talking) BUT you MUST fulfill your residency obligation to maintain your PR status (That is, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 2.5 years in any 5 year period for you to maintain your PR status).

Yes, one can apply for citizenship after he has been a PR for 4 years in the past 6 years (physical presence is required with a few exceptions). As per the current laws, time spent in Canada before becoming a PR (On a student Visa etc) CANNOT be calculated.
Thanks Rajkamalmohanram, this helps.