+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/experience-letter-aletrnative-documents-t347549.0.html;msg4823780#msg4823780

I entered my question in the other thread but I guess you might miss it because of vacation so I'm rewriting here.

Code:
If the experience is NOT adding any points to your CRS and/or program eligibility, you don't need reference letters for that.
I have a question regarding how far in the past we go, to get reference letters. In the CRS points, 3 years or more of foreign work experience gives 100 skill transferability points. So past 5 years would do?

In my case, I am working in the same company for the last 8 years and I have a reference letter in their letterhead with job responsibilities matching with NOC.

Prior to that, for 2 years I worked in another company, for which I have an affidavit by my immediate manager.

Prior to that, I did my MBA and prior to my MBA (12-14 years ago) I have 2 years of experience, for which I don't have any affidavit yet. But I spoke to my supervisor and he has agreed to give one. Question is -Do I need to get it at all? This one is not the same as my NOC, but quite close.

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Hi Asivad,
My duties and responsibilities match with the noc code but my designation does not match and may mislead the officer. Therefore, should I write an LOE mentioning my point on this matter and upload with the reference letter?
Please advise me...
Thanks

HRDJ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hi Asviad,

I have submitted my application on 4th December and received acknowledgement letter mentioning application number which is the express entry number. I have received a ghost mail on 5th stating that your application is updated. but nothing has changed at myCIC. How will I access eCAS ? will I receive any mail for that. I gave tried by filling details on ecas application but no access. Please help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taral80 said:
Hi Asivad,
My duties and responsibilities match with the noc code but my designation does not match and may mislead the officer. Therefore, should I write an LOE mentioning my point on this matter and upload with the reference letter?
Please advise me...
Thanks
No LOE required. Designations don't matter.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
number411 said:
Hi Asivad,

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/experience-letter-aletrnative-documents-t347549.0.html;msg4823780#msg4823780

I entered my question in the other thread but I guess you might miss it because of vacation so I'm rewriting here.

I have a question regarding how far in the past we go, to get reference letters. In the CRS points, 3 years or more of foreign work experience gives 100 skill transferability points. So past 5 years would do?

In my case, I am working in the same company for the last 8 years and I have a reference letter in their letterhead with job responsibilities matching with NOC.

Prior to that, for 2 years I worked in another company, for which I have an affidavit by my immediate manager.

Prior to that, I did my MBA and prior to my MBA (12-14 years ago) I have 2 years of experience, for which I don't have any affidavit yet. But I spoke to my supervisor and he has agreed to give one. Question is -Do I need to get it at all? This one is not the same as my NOC, but quite close.
8 years is more than enough. CRS maxes out at 3 years and FSWP maxes out at 6 years. Anything older than that doesn't add anything to your application.

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Asivad Anac said:
No LOE required. Designations don't matter.
thanks friend :)

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
8 years is more than enough. CRS maxes out at 3 years and FSWP maxes out at 6 years. Anything older than that doesn't add anything to your application.
Thank you!

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Asivad,

your urgent advise is badly needed. I got top score for 3+ years of work experience and got ITA with CRS 464. But this experience is not in the same NOC. I'll copy-paste the post of my comrade from neighbouring thread with similar issue.

Looks so but please don't take my word for it. I have yet to decline my ITA. But what I've found so far has me pretty convinced at least I am not eligible. Your case might be different (i.e., you should be okay if you were not getting the max 50 points for your foreign work experience).

Here's why. Apparently, "[the foreign work experience] must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation." Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Note the last clause "in only one occupation." Unfortunately, I don't have 3+ years experience in a single NOC 0, A, or B in the past 10 years, although I have multiple such experiences (and I chose to claim points for only two NOC experiences).

So when I used the tool at [http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp] post ITA just to make sure, and saw that language, I chose less than 3 (I have about 30 months under one of my NOC) and my CRS is no longer as shown in the EE profile.

I ask you and others to weigh in on the matter. What do you think?
Can EE be mistaken when calculated my points?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Russian said:
Dear Asivad,

your urgent advise is badly needed. I got top score for 3+ years of work experience and got ITA with CRS 464. But this experience is not in the same NOC. I'll copy-paste the post of my comrade from neighbouring thread with similar issue.

Can EE be mistaken when calculated my points?
For CRS (3 years), you can mix and match experience across multiple NOC 0/A/B. For FSWP points, only experience gained under a single NOC 0/A/B matters.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
For CRS (3 years), you can mix and match experience across multiple NOC 0/A/B. For FSWP points, only experience gained under a single NOC 0/A/B matters.
I'm not sure I understand this. CRS is calculated for FSW also.
You mean you can only claim points for experience gained outside of Canada for one NOC?
If your experience is gained in Canada, you can combine multiple NOCs?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
I'm not sure I understand this. CRS is calculated for FSW also.
You mean you can only claim points for experience gained outside of Canada for one NOC?
If your experience is gained in Canada, you can combine multiple NOCs?
CRS and FSWP eligibility are distinct calculations. For CRS, you can mix and match NOCs for foreign experience in the last 3 years and/or Canadian experience in the last 2 years to try and max out on those points especially under Skills Transferability section.

For FSWP, you get 9/11/13/15 points for work experience (1/2-3/4-5/6+ years) gained under a single NOC within the last 10 years.

Both calculations are independent of each other but one needs to clear FSWP eligibility (67/100) and you can count experience under a single NOC for that purpose. In EE, this is termed Primary NOC.

singhs

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hi Asivad and friends

I have received a request to provide the schedule 4 and schedule 4A forms. I have uploaded the relevant form and now the status is coming "REPLACEMENT PROVIDE". Is it coming correct or it should be PROVIDED?? Kindly help me out or I need to send the mail to CIC?

2nd what is ecas? what is the significance of that?

Thanks in advance :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HRDJ said:
Hi Asviad,

I have submitted my application on 4th December and received acknowledgement letter mentioning application number which is the express entry number. I have received a ghost mail on 5th stating that your application is updated. but nothing has changed at myCIC. How will I access eCAS ? will I receive any mail for that. I gave tried by filling details on ecas application but no access. Please help.
You'll most likely get ECAS access after Medicals is set to Passed.

Propeta

May 4, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 3215
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
AOR Received.
September 9
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Dear Asivad,

I guess you are really popular in this trend. I just want to ask a question I hope you can help me.. The situation is I am currently in Canada as a visitor. I got a job offer and I applied for work permit outside Canada which is in New York because it is the closest VAC last August 2015 and PR application (september 2015) under express entry with the same LMIA. I received a refusal letter for my work permit last month stating that The officer was not satisfied that I meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below.

• You were not able to demonstrate that you adequately meet the job requirements of your prospective employment.
• You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
• travel history
• Immigration status in country of residence
• family ties in Canada and in country of residence

After a thorough review of my refusal letter and the submitted documents I decided to re-apply my work permit application (while waiting for my PR result) with added proof of documents. The question is where should I apply my application for this time? I am eligible to apply online, or submit it to New York. But I want to submit to my home country through carrier. Is it possible?

Thank you and more power to you!

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can i submit OINP application while my FSW EE is in process ?