+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Nope, couldn't find those you mentioned. only could see Criminality was passed with 'No Reportable Trace'.
My background verification in the portal was completed on the same day as the Criminality was passed.
Wish everyone pass security without being stuck for too long.
In my case, criminality is still in progress.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
anyone know why security screening taking to long? like what they really doing during this???
i am from Beijing, China, came to canada in 2013 as international student, married a canadian citizen got my PR, during my PR application my BGC done in like 1 month so fast...
for this freaking citizenship ... i been to Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia during my 5 years period but they all for 7 days vacation... if thats the problem....

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I was about to order but I see the results other people getting was just their security is pending which I already knew because every time I called IRCC they gave me the same answer that my criminality is done but security is pending and they can't provide me a timeline because they said it's internal information so no use to order it. :(

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
anyone know why security screening taking to long? like what they really doing during this???
i am from Beijing, China, came to canada in 2013 as international student, married a canadian citizen got my PR, during my PR application my BGC done in like 1 month so fast...
for this freaking citizenship ... i been to Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia during my 5 years period but they all for 7 days vacation... if thats the problem....
It's internal information for them and they won't tell you. All you can do is to wait. You can't do anything else, can't even get mad at them. If you tell them people applied the same time with me all moved forward they will tell you every case is diffident, don't compare. There was one lady even asked me if I'm in rush or worried of something? Worried of what? It's just frustrated seeing other moving forward and I'm not that's all. Felt so offended with her question, not calling them anymore I guess. No use.

Reactions: baimmeb

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I was about to order but I see the results other people getting was just their security is pending which I already knew because every time I called IRCC they gave me the same answer that my criminality is done but security is pending and they can't provide me a timeline because they said it's internal information so no use to order it. :(
imo you'd be better served by sending an email to your processing office since your last update was only towards the end of the Sepmtember, so your application is still actively being looked at.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
imo you'd be better served by sending an email to your processing office since your last update was only towards the end of the Sepmtember, so your application is still actively being looked at.
? What do you mean? My last update is was for the test, on June 7 2022, but the email that you got from test invitation is only for test related, if it's not they would ignored your email. I remembered other offices May reply to you but not Scarborough office. Email won't work with them.

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Hello forum members. My test is marked completed but background check has been in progress for almost 5 months as per ATIP notes (alongwith language, physical presence, prohibitions). If anyone -

1) has been experiencing the similar issue

2) has experienced similar issue in the past

3) know someone who has been experiencing the same situation or someone who has experienced the similar situation

Please come share your views on this thread.

Thanks
Regards
Same . Test completed since April 29.
Applied Sep 17, 2021.
Only test is completed. Everything else background, prohibitions etc all in progress.

You're not the only one.

• Sad
Reactions: baimmeb and ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
online application submitted on July 2021, stuck in Security screening since like March 2022?or since my AOR date in Oct 2021????
anyway, test got completed in June 2022 and its ben 5 months now nothing happened like wtf....
Same thing with me, only difference is that in my case, criminality is pending.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
I wonder why would criminality take that long? Since it's done by RMCP I'd assume it'd be quicker than security check done by CSIS....
Sounds like internal issue. Maybe the department didn’t communicate. Or could be not updating the tracker. Anyway its super frustrating.

Horus_88

Oct 28, 2017
Same here, only test completed (in April 2022) everything else under process (Fingerprints received April 2022 as well)