+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I applied in March 2021. My BG check was completed on August 16 2021 and test completed on Sept 30 2021. Since then, I only received a ghost update recently on October 8 2022.

I want to know if my BG check is expired? On the tracker, it's still showing as completed.

Also, does the ghost update on October 8 mean anything that I might get DM soon?

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi, I applied in March 2021. My BG check was completed on August 16 2021 and test completed on Sept 30 2021. Since then, I only received a ghost update recently on October 8 2022.

I want to know if my BG check is expired? On the tracker, it's still showing as completed.

Also, does the ghost update on October 8 mean anything that I might get DM soon?
Hi, I also received a ghost update on October 8th, but I don’t think it’s connected to a DM since I have test completed, background completed but language, prohibitions, and physical presence still as “in progress” status. It would be great that the ghost update meant something, but I’m not feeling reassured about it. May have been a system wide glitch?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I also received a ghost update on October 8th, but I don’t think it’s connected to a DM since I have test completed, background completed but language, prohibitions, and physical presence still as “in progress” status. It would be great that the ghost update meant something, but I’m not feeling reassured about it. May have been a system wide glitch?
I really hope they reach DM soon for my profile since it's been long now and frustrating. When did you apply and when were your BG and test completed? Also which is your processing office?

Last edited:

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
My BG check was completed on Aug 16 2021 but I never received any request for finger prints nor was I supposed to do police verification anytime. Still, does it mean my BG check got expired since it's been a year?

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021

Unfortunately the ghost update, dated either Oct 7th or 8th depending on people, is due to the new tracker they rolled out.
AFAIK BG Check expire after a year, mine was completed May 2021 so it should be expired but it still shows completed and nothing else has changed saved for October 7th 2022 new tracker change causing the ghost update.
Apparently if they did not require fingerprints the first time for you BG check they may not do so this time either so they could just renew it, but I do not know exactly how it works. I tried a webform, got an answer saying everything was in order and to just wait.
That was about 3 months ago so now I requested the GCMS notes but I do not think it will help much, I applied January 2021 so this has been quite a frustrating experience.
On the bright side we ve never been closer to becoming citizens :)

mofass

Jun 28, 2022
Guys, my citizenship test was completed on 14th July. My language skills, physical presence, and Prohibitions are still 'In Progress'. However, on overall application status, top-right-corner of the page, says Updated: 25th October 2022. Do these updates mean anything?
same boat ........

Bedo0o

Nov 1, 2022
Application received April 2021. Physical presence and prohibitions are stuck in progress since march 2022.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Did anyone try sending an email to Oath Email ID of citizenship processing office ? According to CIC, within 3 or 4 months after completing test, applicant is invited for oath ceremony.

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
I took test on July 31 and my wife on 2nd August, we are still waiting for Oath ceremony invite. How long it would take, we have plan to travel. Can we travel now?

Reactions: ROCK ON