+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello forum members. My test is marked completed but background check has been in progress for almost 5 months as per ATIP notes (alongwith language, physical presence, prohibitions). If anyone -

1) has been experiencing the similar issue

2) has experienced similar issue in the past

3) know someone who has been experiencing the same situation or someone who has experienced the similar situation

Please come share your views on this thread.

Thanks
Regards

Last edited:

Hila.sym

Apr 24, 2022
Hello forum members. My test is marked completed but background check has been in progress for almost 5 months as per ATIP notes (alongwith language, physical presence, prohibitions). If anyone -

3) know someone who has been experiencing the same situation or someone who has experienced the similar situation

Hi, I am in the same exact boat. I called IRCC and they said the processing time will be 27 months. I am truly frustrated. My office is Montreal.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hi, I am in the same exact boat. I called IRCC and they said the processing time will be 27 months. I am truly frustrated. My office is Montreal.
I know its frustrating. I thought I was alone who is experiencing such issue. Anyway whats your timeline.

By the way will keep sharing updates and help each other as much possible.

Reactions: Hila.sym

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
27 Months? In the name of Covid, all these Govt institutions are just delaying and delaying.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021

iceman55

May 1, 2022
My security is passed and criminality is pending. Check my timeline in my signature.
Strage because my understanding was security is what takes time and criminality is just an RCMP check (and any foreign police certificate). Do you know why this is? Did you provide all possible foreign police certificates?

Reactions: baimmeb and ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Strage because my understanding was security is what takes time and criminality is just an RCMP check (and any foreign police certificate). Do you know why this is? Did you provide all possible foreign police certificates?
No PCC was required in my case. Also none were requested. Otherwise they would have requested.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
No PCC was required in my case. Also none were requested. Otherwise they would have requested.
It doesn't seem like they've ever requested FP so probably you don'thave any police records in Canada (RCMP or provincial or local).

If I were you I would specifically ask them what exactly they're looking for and if they need any foreign police certificate. to complete the process. Sometimes they just keep the application open without any progress or asking for more info, months later they'll issue CIT 0520.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
It doesn't seem like they've ever requested FP so probably you don'thave any police records in Canada (RCMP or provincial or local).

If I were you I would specifically ask them what exactly they're looking for and if they need any foreign police certificate. to complete the process. Sometimes they just keep the application open without any progress or asking for more info, months later they'll issue CIT 0520.
Thats the main issue. I called IRCC. They always say everything is normal. Nothing required from you. Just wait. If anything needed, the processing office will contact directly. Nothing can be done except waiting.

wink

May 25, 2021

Thanks
Regards
You left out some more threads in the forum... can you please post your question in the remaining of the threads as well?