+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
my AOR was feb8/22 absolutely no update from them whatsoever since then. Next week itll be 1 year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's not correct, you've done your test and had criminality passed, so your file is being actively processed. It looks like your security screening is still being processed (by a third party like CSIS). Based on your criminality pass date of October, you can expect to see an update around August this year. Just have to be patient and wait it out.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
That's not correct, you've done your test and had criminality passed, so your file is being actively processed. It looks like your security screening is still being processed (by a third party like CSIS). Based on your criminality pass date of October, you can expect to see an update around August this year. Just have to be patient and wait it out.
I think you meant to reply to someone else. my BG check is still in progress(not sure about criminality vs security) nor have I done the test :(

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I think you meant to reply to someone else. my BG check is still in progress(not sure about criminality vs security) nor have I done the test :(
Sorry, my bad.

Still, the same applies. Background check is probably pending. You can try to apply for CBSA notes, specifically asking for "background screening activities" in the request. Could shed some light on the delay.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I think it’s meant for me, my criminality was passed in October after submitting fingerprints in first week August. As per GCMS Criminality was started end of July and requested fingerprints on first week of August. However the security screening was left blank but it does show it was requested as well. So I believe it started same time as criminality.
So, I still have to wait till August :(…I thought BG would be completed by March or April.
any ideas?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I think it’s meant for me, my criminality was passed in October after submitting fingerprints in first week August. As per GCMS Criminality was started end of July and requested fingerprints on first week of August. However the security screening was left blank but it does show it was requested as well. So I believe it started same time as criminality.
So, I still have to wait till August :(…I thought BG would be completed by March or April.
any ideas?
In that case yes around March-april! The light at the end of the tunnel is coming!

Reactions: manmoi31

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Sorry, my bad.

Still, the same applies. Background check is probably pending. You can try to apply for CBSA notes, specifically asking for "background screening activities" in the request. Could shed some light on the delay.
How I do that ? I have only test completed in September and everything else in progress . AOR 18 FEB/22

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
How I do that ? I have only test completed in September and everything else in progress . AOR 18/22
Sep is pretty recent, you may have a long wait ahead. The first thing to do is ask ircc for more info on the phone (security, criminality status and when they started).

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Sep is pretty recent, you may have a long wait ahead. The first thing to do is ask ircc for more info on the phone (security, criminality status and when they started).
I asked IRCC rep to check when my security started and he said he couldn't find the information.
Also I requested urgent processing for my pr card replacement and they told me the application is not in the system yet so they couldn't do anything. It took around 10 days for it to be updated in the system you said? 10 days from the date they received it?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I asked IRCC rep to check when my security started and he said he couldn't find the information.
Also I requested urgent processing for my pr card replacement and they told me the application is not in the system yet so they couldn't do anything. It took around 10 days for it to be updated in the system you said? 10 days from the date they received it?
Depends on the experience of the rep I guess. I once got through to a French speaking rep, and spoke some terrible French. I guess he was pleased so he gave me the info. Around 2 weeks.

Reactions: small_251193

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Depends on the experience of the rep I guess. I once got through to a French speaking rep, and spoke some terrible French. I guess he was pleased so he gave me the info. Around 2 weeks.
For my pr card they told me if I want I could send another paper application and write "urgent" on the envelope but I think it's no use because wit will take 3 more days for the mail to be delivered at that point I think my previous application is already in the system. I'll just wait and once I see it's in process I will send in the urgent request again. It's delivered on Jan 26, probably some time next week it will be in the system I guess.
I called IRCC again just now and they told me no date when my security check started but last update was in May 2022 so that would be the date that I passed criminality. Don't know if I should be happy with this information, hope they really are working on my security, it's so weird that they don't have a date when the background check started.

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
For my pr card they told me if I want I could send another paper application and write "urgent" on the envelope but I think it's no use because wit will take 3 more days for the mail to be delivered at that point I think my previous application is already in the system. I'll just wait and once I see it's in process I will send in the urgent request again. It's delivered on Jan 26, probably some time next week it will be in the system I guess.
I called IRCC again just now and they told me no date when my security check started but last update was in May 2022 so that would be the date that I passed criminality. Don't know if I should be happy with this information, hope they really are working on my security, it's so weird that they don't have a date when the background check started.
26 Jan is only a week. Give it another week for an update. Need to provide proof for Urgent applications (death in family etc).

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
why is it a long wait as you say ? background starts after the citizenship test ? Those agents are useless ,they just keep saying that they see what I see on the tracker.