+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
why is it a long wait as you say ? background starts after the citizenship test ? Those agents are useless ,they just keep saying that they see what I see on the tracker.
I have exactly same timeline as yours
Although I don't know exact date when my background check start, but I think most of people completed before sending the test invite.
i have criminality passed, I believe they invite me to test after that. My timeline is in my signature.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
why is it a long wait as you say ? background starts after the citizenship test ? Those agents are useless ,they just keep saying that they see what I see on the tracker.
Don't say mean things about agents. You just need to keep trying, I had a few mean ones too but it's different every time you call, some will be willing to help to pull your file and read and answer your questions. Just try to call them again and ask for more details about your background check, they will tell you if you pass this and that is in progress, if they don't know what to check then tell you you wonder if they can provide your more about criminality and security. Usually, once people pass one part of the security they get invited to take exam and it normally takes 8-10 months from background check started to cleared, so if you took the test in September, probably your background check started in August or even September then you have to wait at least until April to hear back, 3 months ahead to wait. I and John took the test in June.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Those stuck in background (security) screening have reported update in approx 9 months. Assuming your background screening started around September, you can hope for an update in the summer.

Anas_M88

Oct 12, 2021
Those stuck in background (security) screening have reported update in approx 9 months. Assuming your background screening started around September, you can hope for an update in the summer.
Yeah, even up to a year is considered within "the normal" range. I hope that won't be the case and the time for all of us would be on the shorter end

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Yeah, even up to a year is considered within "the normal" range. I hope that won't be the case and the time for all of us would be on the shorter end
I'm coming up to 1.5 years (8 months into security screening). Hoping for an update soon o_O

Anas_M88

Oct 12, 2021
I'm coming up to 1.5 years (8 months into security screening). Hoping for an update soon o_O
I hope so, it's been almost 7 months for me as well, but when I asked my local MP and they got the information back from IRCC that it is undergoing security by CSIS. They told me if you don't hear back from IRCC by July (a year from when the security screening) let us know. I cancelled my plans for a summer vacation because honestly I don't want to prolong my suffering by postponing the oath ceremony if it happens in the summer till god knows when.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I hope so, it's been almost 7 months for me as well, but when I asked my local MP and they got the information back from IRCC that it is undergoing security by CSIS. They told me if you don't hear back from IRCC by July (a year from when the security screening) let us know. I cancelled my plans for a summer vacation because honestly I don't want to prolong my suffering by postponing the oath ceremony if it happens in the summer till god knows when.
I understand, I had big plans for this year which requires citizenship. Will have to wait until next summer. Atleast your MP is helping!

Reactions: Anas_M88

Anas_M88

Oct 12, 2021
I understand, I had big plans for this year which requires citizenship. Will have to wait until next summer. Atleast your MP is helping!
True, I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of his office. I hope you will hear back from them soon.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hello Friend. Whats up ?

Its same like before. How is it going with your application ?
Still waiting on security screening. Hopefully will see an update next month.

Have you discovered any possible cause for criminality delay? Did you get background screening activities info from cbsa?

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021

Have you discovered any possible cause for criminality delay? Did you get background screening activities info from cbsa?
To be honest. I think its a glitch from there side. My atip shows batch sent for criminality screening. Lets see what happens.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021

Do you think I should send another email ?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Do you think I should send another email ?
To be honest. I think its a glitch from there side. My atip shows batch sent for criminality screening. Lets see what happens.
That would be very unfortunate. Anything is possible with ircc. There was one case where ircc had failed to communicate the background screening request to csis. They only found out when CSIS claimed not to have their case. Is there an RCMP option for atip?

Reactions: ROCK ON