+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
That would be very unfortunate. Anything is possible with ircc. There was one case where ircc had failed to communicate the background screening request to csis. They only found out when CSIS claimed not to have their case. Is there an RCMP option for atip?
Yes there is. But I am not able to understand how to explain in a way that it looks convincing as well as expresses the situation as well.

Please suggest.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Yes there is. But I am not able to understand how to explain in a way that it looks convincing as well as expresses the situation as well.

Please suggest.
Not sure. Maybe something like: Has RCMP received a criminality clearance request from IRCC with regards to my citizenship grant application (App No. )? If so, please provide details. As per IRCC, a request was sent to RCMP on (date).

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Not sure. Maybe something like: Has RCMP received a criminality clearance request from IRCC with regards to my citizenship grant application (App No. )? If so, please provide details.
As per ATIP notes, it shows that the batch was sent to RCMP on May 26, 2022.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Not sure. Maybe something like (updated):

As per IRCC, a criminality clearance request with regards to the processing

was sent to RCMP

request for crinimaor

was sent to RCMP on (date).
Has RCMP received a criminality clearance request from IRCC with regards to my citizenship grant application (App No. )? If so, please provide details.
As per ATIP notes, it shows that the batch was sent to RCMP on May 26, 2022.
Sure, note that in your atip request

Reactions: ROCK ON

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
For others who applied PR card, I did my renewal in November. I never received an acknowledgement email and even on the new PR portal, my application still shows as submitted.
I called IRCC after about 2 weeks of submitting my application to get my application number and I linked it on cic.gc.ca, and was able to get the updates. I received my PR card in 75 days...

Reactions: small_251193

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
For others who applied PR card, I did my renewal in November. I never received an acknowledgement email and even on the new PR portal, my application still shows as submitted.
I called IRCC after about 2 weeks of submitting my application to get my application number and I linked it on cic.gc.ca, and was able to get the updates. I received my PR card in 75 days...
You applied through the online portal right? And after two week you called them to get application number and the portal still showed "submitted"?

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Congrats. What’s your timeline? And was your criminality pending or security?
Submitted Sep 24, 2021
AOR DEC 10
Previous updated May 22 (criminality passed)
Test invitation May 27
Test completed June 3
Background check completed Feb 8, 2023 but updated on Feb 10.
(Security cleared)

Last edited:

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Submitted Sep 24, 2021
AOR DEC 10
Previous updated May 22 (criminality passed)
Test invitation May 27
Test completed June 3
Background check completed Feb 10, 2023
(Security cleared)
Thanks...so almost 8 months after you passed your test. I cleared my test in November, AOR April 2022.