+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Ordinary copy is fine. Easy on the caps!
Do you remember how long after they received your mail then you can check your application status online? And how long it took for the application from in progress to decision made? They received my package last week Wednesday and up till now I still can't track it. Thanks

I plan to travel back to my country for a wedding in April and comes back in May so I'm trying to see if I can receive my pr before I leave.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
After 8 months get stuck security screening, background is completed . Stuck from May 2022. Montreal
Who does the security? is there a way to check the progress of it?
I am stuck with background and prohibition, others are all completed
Montreal, Sept 2020 applicant

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Who does the security? is there a way to check the progress of it?
I am stuck with background and prohibition, others are all completed
Montreal, Sept 2020 applicant
Only waiting, and waiting.... until its completed. We could not do anything else.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Do you remember how long after they received your mail then you can check your application status online? And how long it took for the application from in progress to decision made? They received my package last week Wednesday and up till now I still can't track it. Thanks

I plan to travel back to my country for a wedding in April and comes back in May so I'm trying to see if I can receive my pr before I leave.
Hi. It took around 10-15 days to be acknowledged and approved on the tracker. Then another 15 days to go to "complete" (mailed to me) and a week to receive. Be patient, it will take around 40-50 days total.

Any update on your citizenship app?

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Hi. It took around 10-15 days to be acknowledged and approved on the tracker. Then another 15 days to go to "complete" (mailed to me) and a week to receive. Be patient, it will take around 40-50 days total.

Any update on your citizenship app?
so two weeks to be able to check the application status online and two weeks more to get result one one week to receive? Because I'm thinking of booking the travel on March 21. Once booked, I can't cancel, so I'm thinking

Citizenship: no of course. If I have I will update you for sure.

thanks

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
so two weeks to be able to check the application status online and two weeks more to get result one one week to receive? Because I'm thinking of booking the travel on March 21. Once booked, I can't cancel, so I'm thinking

Citizenship: no of course. If I have I will update you for sure.

thanks
Recommend booking after status changes. Has your current pr card expired?

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Same here , had the test in september and nothing since then and everything else is in progress. December 2021 applicant.
So unfair.

I see people that applied way after me, have gotten a ceremony date! No transparency on what is going on

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
So unfair.

I see people that applied way after me, have gotten a ceremony date! No transparency on what is going on
for me is a deja-vu after waiting 6 years for a hearing. Applying online was a big mistake since on paper are processed faster.

Last edited:

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Is it normal if they sent FP request but the tracker hasn't been updated with that information? I saw others who received such request have that FP line in their timeline.

savith9

Jun 19, 2018
Hi guys,

Physical Days: 1100

Method: Online

Applicants: Single

Application sent: March 1, 2022

Delivered: Online

AOR : April 4, 2022

Citizenship Test window : Nov 25-Dec 24, 2022

Citizenship Test Taken : Nov 25, 2022

Office : MTL

Everything else including background check is pending. Up on calling IRCC I got to know that Criminality has been marked passed on Oct 14, 2022 but Security is still pending.

Anyone with experience in similar scenario, please let me know what to expect and how long does it take

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Hi guys,

Everything else including background check is pending. Up on calling IRCC I got to know that Criminality has been marked passed on Oct 14, 2022 but Security is still pending.

Anyone with experience in similar scenario, please let me know what to expect and how long does it take
Its unlucky for you. I have the same and waited from May, just completed background in last week. MTL also.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi guys,

You're well under 12 months. Nothing to worry about yet. 2021 applicants are still waiting. You may have to wait for 8-10 months from the time your security screening started (ask IRCC on phone for the date).