+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for caregivers who applied under the HCCP and HSWP in 2020

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Would you have any idea what is really special about the May 3 public policy? I just thought that they will facilitate it but nothing really specific is happening about it now and in the past 5 months? I noticed that 2021 applicants even someone got their permanent aors but 2020 applicants are left behind. Though March, 2020 applicants are very slowly receiving their permanent aors. I wonder if our employers will still wait for us after more than a year now. trying to be really positive but reality hurts.
I think they will implement this policy but we don’t know when will they start processing the apps under it. It can’t be revoked anymore since the past minister has signed it already. You can refer the explanation of this policy in the IRPA.
The process might be quite complicated and stringent as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: roye

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Coming into effect
These Instructions take effect on May 3, 2021, and apply to all applications for permanent residence under the Home Support Worker Class and the Home Child Care Provider Class, including those already received but not yet entered into processing. The Instructions expire on June 17, 2024, unless earlier revoked by the Minister.

Ottawa, May 3, 2021

Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P.
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

• Sad
Reactions: roye and Haert

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Coming into effect
These Instructions take effect on May 3, 2021, and apply to all applications for permanent residence under the Home Support Worker Class and the Home Child Care Provider Class, including those already received but not yet entered into processing. The Instructions expire on June 17, 2024, unless earlier revoked by the Minister.

Ottawa, May 3, 2021

Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P.
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
So we will wait until 2024? By 2023, I don’t need the public policy anymore, because by default I gained my rights for PR as I will finish my 24 months Canada experience on January 2023.

• Sad
Reactions: Haert

roye

Jan 13, 2021
I think they will implement this policy but we don’t know when will they start processing the apps under it. It can’t be revoked anymore since the past minister has signed it already. You can refer the explanation of this policy in the IRPA.
The process might be quite complicated and stringent as well.
Thank you ProudNanny. Im really sorry for sounding really frustrated now. I am just in despair for being away from our children. And trying to survive the odds here in Canada

• Sad
Reactions: Haert

Manjusam1

Aug 21, 2021
Would you have any idea what is really special about the May 3 public policy? I just thought that they will facilitate it but nothing really specific is happening about it now and in the past 5 months? I noticed that 2021 applicants even someone got their permanent aors but 2020 applicants are left behind. Though March, 2020 applicants are very slowly receiving their permanent aors. I wonder if our employers will still wait for us after more than a year now. trying to be really positive but reality hurts.
I received biometric instruction 2 days before .I have completed 36 months,applied on March 2020 with 4 dependents .only I got the instruction not for my husband.

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
So we will wait until 2024? By 2023, I don’t need the public policy anymore, because by default I gained my rights for PR as I will finish my 24 months Canada experience on January 2023.
It depends when IRCC implement/work on this policy. They still have 3yrs more to comply lol.. maybe until such time most of the 2020 employers backed out already so that only handful of applications will be processed

Haert

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
Thank you ProudNanny. Im really sorry for sounding really frustrated now. I am just in despair for being away from our children. And trying to survive the odds here in Canada

Hi Roye,

I think your best bet would be this coming December 2021. "Canada’s immigration Department plans to finalize 6,000 caregiver applications for permanent residence by December 31, 2021. In a statement released on April 15, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) said it will finalize the applications for caregivers who have completed their in-Canada work experience, as well as their immediate family members."

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
It depends when IRCC implement/work on this policy. They still have 3yrs more to comply lol.. maybe until such time most of the 2020 employers backed out already so that only handful of applications will be processed
HI... what do you mean by 2020 employers backout already? thanks

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
HI... what do you mean by 2020 employers backout already? thanks
It meant that most employers in 2020 might lose their patience of waiting if processing time of applications under temporary public policy will take more years. Unless if the employer is relative and would wait patiently

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
HCCP Single Outside Canada:

Submitted on June 2020 and received 2 temporary AORs in March 2021 and July 2021.

On Nov 2, 2021 I received permanent aor and was able to link online. I was also requested to pay again $255 for open work permit fee and open holder fee (because I paid them separately with 2 receipts). IRCC also asked me to update the personal history section of form IMM 5669. I submitted them the same day to IRCC thru web form and it was confirmed received in my online account. I was given 14 days as deadline. Tomorrow is 14th day. So no updates yet except, they are reviewing my eligibility and processing my background check (as indicated in my GCKey). I had biometrics already in 2019 for visitor visa and expired medical in June 2019.