+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary public policy to facilitate the granting of permanent residence for caregivers who applied under the HCCP and HSWP in 2020

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
With the issuance of public policy, anything is possible. If there is nothing new, then why issue a public policy? Such public policy is even exempting applicants from certain requirements (could be from Canadian work experience). Sometimes agents that you talk to are not very reliable with their answers. Different agents provide you with different answers for just 1 question. So let's keep our hopes high that this public policy will pave the way in overcoming all the hurdles.

waiting2021

May 20, 2021
This public policy only issues 1500 work permits and 6000 PR by the end of 2021, right? Include HCCP and HSWP both? So each pilot will get 750 work permits and 3000 PR?

lukay

Star Member
May 23, 2021
This public policy only issues 1500 work permits and 6000 PR by the end of 2021, right? Include HCCP and HSWP both? So each pilot will get 750 work permits and 3000 PR?
We can all speculate.hahaha! Oh boy, IRCC! End of May is here but things remain unclear.

Reactions: roye

roye

Jan 13, 2021
We can all speculate.hahaha! Oh boy, IRCC! End of May is here but things remain unclear.
I agree to all of your statements Lukay. I can tell that you are a very compassionate person. God Bless our applications.

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
The public policy on 2020 HCCP/HSWP applicants is simply ; a policy that is meant to exempt 2020 applicants from the requirement of work permit to PR in order to help ircc save time to process 2021 applicants, or their will be multiple year processing delays for 2021 and others yet to apply.
Whether we want to believe it or not..they will do it (grant PR to 2020 applicants who were not processed in 2020). Thats why its called "temporary policy"...its not supposed to be applied on everyone. The aim is to single out portions of applicants/applications (2020 applications) and push them to stage 2 or PR stage, which they believe will help them concentrate on working on 2019 and 2021 work permit applications.

There's been other public policies targeting other types of immigrants; families of victims of air crash, recent international students working in canada, foreigners working in essential services etc see all of them in the link below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies.html

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kikstaroxy and roye

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
The public policy on 2020 HCCP/HSWP applicants is simply ; a policy that is meant to exempt 2020 applicants from the requirement of work permit to PR in order to help ircc save time to process 2021 applicants, or their will be multiple year processing delays for 2021 and others yet to apply.
Whether we want to believe it or not..they will do it (grant PR to 2020 applicants who were not processed in 2020). Thats why its called "temporary policy"...its not supposed to be applied on everyone. The aim is to single out portions of applicants/applications which they believe will help them concentrate on working on 2019 and 2021 applications...while they push 2020 applications to stage 2 to save time.

There's been other public policies targeting other types of immigrants; families of victims of air crash, recent international students working in canada, foreigners working in essential services etc see all of them in the link below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies.html
How I wish all ircc agents think like you. But apparently not. I don’t even know what they meant by First Stage, because all I can hear are good news from inside applicants with complete 24 months experience (and more).
it is almost end of the month, (they promised until end of June). I will only believe if I heard ONE who will testify that they got PR without experience from HCCP pilot. Inasmuch as I want to believe you, 2020 applicants without experience are still silent.

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Its not practicable to expect that PR for 2020 applicants will happen by June, thats why they came up with the public policy (to shift 2020 processing a bit forward, and reward the applicants with PR for time wasted ).. Even before covid19 happened PR by express entry took at least 3-9months..there's a lot of financial and criminal checks to be carried out.
The June 30th target i believe is for 1,500 applicants drawn from 2019 hccp/hswp and maybe people from the previous caregiver pathway. 2020 applicants, should expect to start getting PR towards end of 2021

By the way 1st stage is for applicants with less than 24months in canada work experience who need work permit
2nd stage is for people with the 24months in canada work experience, waiting for PR

Last edited:

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Its not feasible to expect that PR for 2020 applicants will happen by June, thats why they came up with the public policy (to shift 2020 processing a bit forward, and reward the applicants with PR for time wasted ).. Even before covid19 happened PR by express entry took at least 3-9months..there's a lot of financial and criminal checks to be carried out.
The June 30th target i believe is for 1,500 applicants drawn from 2019 hccp/hswp and maybe people from the previous caregiver pathway. 2020 applicants, should expect to start getting PR towards end of 2021

By the way 1st stage is for applicants with less than 24months in canada work experience who need work permit
2nd stage is for people with the 24months in canada work experience, waiting for PR
f that’s th case, How would be to fair for all the 2019 applicants who have almost spend two years waiting for ther permits. I know none of the applicants r at fault for facing delays but it would b unfair for many,if 2020 batch will get benefit of PR directly.

Reactions: ProudNanny

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Whether we want to believe it or not..they will do it (grant PR to 2020 applicants who were not processed in 2020). Thats why its called "temporary policy"...its not supposed to be applied on everyone. The aim is to single out portions of applicants/applications (2020 applications) and push them to stage 2 or PR stage, which they believe will help them concentrate on working on 2019 and 2021 work permit applications.

Nailed it

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
f that’s th case, How would be to fair for all the 2019 applicants who have almost spend two years waiting for ther permits. I know none of the applicants r at fault for facing delays but it would b unfair for many,if 2020 batch will get benefit of PR directly.
That's probably why they're aiming to ensure work permits for 2019 applicants happen by the 30th of June.
Another thing is this...2019 applications ircc received is under 1,000 while 2020 applications could be up to 4,000 (since hccp reached cap of 2,750). So maybe the numbers contributed to the decision.

Last edited:

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I submitted my application last October 2020, inside applicant with 5 months of experience now.
they just mentioned 2020 applicants in the Public Policy.
so let’s see until when we will wait for that PR. We still have 6 months to see the effect of TEMPORARY public policy.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
That's probably why they're aiming to ensure work permits for 2019 applicants happen by the 30th of June
It’s june 4 now, but all 2019 outside applicants are still quiet. I really wish you are right. Processing of PR needs updated forms from them, but until now, no one gets a request from ircc (2019).

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
That's probably why they're aiming to ensure work permits for 2019 applicants happen by the 30th of June
That would be totally unacceptable making us wait almost two years n then asking us to work another two n then 6-8 months to process PR. So roughly 5 years for 2019 applicants to get their PR. This is total BS they can’t flag some applicants cos they r worried that time for those 2020 applicants will get wasted. Time for everyone who applied is going waste. So they have to b fair to everyone.

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
It’s june 4 now, but all 2019 outside applicants are still quiet. I really wish you are right. Processing of PR needs updated forms from them, but until now, no one gets a request from ircc (2019).
Many 2019 applicants were already at medicals request (or close to that) before covid lockdown. There shouldn't be much required before work permit is granted

roye

Jan 13, 2021
That's probably why they're aiming to ensure work permits for 2019 applicants happen by the 30th of June.
Another thing is this...2019 applications ircc received is under 1,000 while 2020 applications could be up to 4,000 (since hccp reached cap of 2,750). So maybe the numbers contributed to the decision.

Thank you twinkleberry for your sharing. I have the same understanding as yours. I think right now I would just prefer to stay positive and pray for the best. If it is really meant for a person, it will be granted in God's perfect timing no matter what. His ways are just incredibly mysterious, anything can happen under the sun. Especially this time of pandemic.