+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension Delay (September 2019)

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
RE: Applying for PGWP on SP implied status

This is unique to my personal situation but I thought I should share in case someone needs it or has further information.

kloppity said:
So here is the transcript of my conversation with the agent, who was a lot more informed about the policy and updates on the IRCC website than the guy from yesterday -- April 22nd 2020.

On working after applying for PGWP on implied status, he confirmed that it is a new directive from Ottawa and there has been no further details on the eligibility to work in that case. He did say that most likely we will be able to work full time since implied status pretty much confers all study permit eligibilities, but that it is safer to wait till the website is updated. He mentioned that the WP office is trying to get more info from Ottawa and that those will be reflected on the website when they get that information.

Reactions: trampolinegirl

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Do they even know that they missed November applicants!! Im really worried now !
They're really not speaking about it when asked. It's kinda weird they always say the delay is because of the disruptions due to COVID. And when I ask about why people who applied after me are getting approved, they say everyone's case is unique so we shouldn't compare processing timelines...

rony patel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
I talked with an agent yesterday and asked why applications from December and January being processed before November he said they are not aware of that!

also he said to me that the delay in application is because I didn’t submit one of the documents! And I said to him that I did submit that document and I can see on my account that I submitted the document he put me on hold and he said there was a system error! So I don’t know if the system error is why our application being skipped!!

65578ghj

Feb 9, 2020
I applied on January 17 and I still did not received correspondence letter. Its says we are reviewing your eligibility from past 2 months.

trampolinegirl

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I talked with an agent yesterday and asked why applications from December and January being processed before November he said they are not aware of that!

also he said to me that the delay in application is because I didn’t submit one of the documents! And I said to him that I did submit that document and I can see on my account that I submitted the document he put me on hold and he said there was a system error! So I don’t know if the system error is why our application being skipped!!
How can they not be aware of that? They've been getting many questions.

ssandhuuuu

Mar 31, 2020

Lets hope they process our applications now !!

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I applied on Feb 5, still nothing :|
does sending web forms change application orders?
No, but going by current timeline and speed of processing 2020 applications, I think you will get it soon. At least sooner than November 2019 applicants.