+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applications from Jamaica

Bachelor101

Sep 26, 2018
Better safe than sorry. 2-3 months before school starts is very early. My school recommended 1-2 weeks before school starts to get my children settled and such
Did you applied for study permit for your children or they are traveling as visitors then change their status once you guys arrive?

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Better safe than sorry. 2-3 months before school starts is very early. My school recommended 1-2 weeks before school starts to get my children settled and such
Its too late to change now, we leave in a few weeks. Although I dont think it will be a problem since my husband has a SOWP and has a job interview within two weeks of our expected arrival. I can't imagine arriving only a week or two before school with the checklist of things that I will have to get done for me and my child to be equipt and ready for school. Finding a suitable place to live alone will take more time than that. That timeline would be completely unrealistic for me since I have no friends or family there to help me speed up the process.

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
It’s been 6 weeks (April 3) since my friend apply for her study visa online, Anyone else have such a lengthy timeline? the CIC website states the processing time as 4 weeks for Kingston.

gychemist

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
I already have a 5 years tourist visa. Would I still need to send my passport to CIC? Or on arrival you will receive your student visa?