+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applications from Jamaica

kimkim2015

Sep 30, 2015
Hey doing it yourself is not hard but if you don't have the time to research and put together a good application......then use an agent. I personally did it myself and got through.
Thanks for your reply. I have done some extensive research so far.. and maan it takes up your whole day. I think I'm gonna just go ahead and do it myself. Are you starting school in Sept? Also for proof of funds, if your program is a 2yr program, do you have to show proof of funds for all 2 years or just the 1st year?

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
My school is actually now, winter 2021. Program is a 2yr program and you are required to show 1year tuition fee plus 10k for living expenses. It's always encouraged to show more than the amount to be on the safe side.

Reactions: djohne

kimkim2015

Sep 30, 2015
My school is actually now, winter 2021. Program is a 2yr program and you are required to show 1year tuition fee plus 10k for living expenses. It's always encouraged to show more than the amount to be on the safe side.
Awesome! That's great news. The total of my programme is like 36K. (2 post grad cert programmes). So I was freaking out about providing proof for the entire tuition plus an extra 10K. I'm happy that I can just show proof for the 1st programme. On the application form, the section that asks for tuition total, should I put the entire tuition fee or just for the first year? So grateful for your help!! :)

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Awesome! That's great news. The total of my programme is like 36K. (2 post grad cert programmes). So I was freaking out about providing proof for the entire tuition plus an extra 10K. I'm happy that I can just show proof for the 1st programme. On the application form, the section that asks for tuition total, should I put the entire tuition fee or just for the first year? So grateful for your help!! :)
You put the cost for one year

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
It's simple, the most difficult part might be writing a letter of purpose if you taking a spouse and family. If you set up ur account at canada.carhey tell you what is needed,. Same info you have to get to your agent.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Hi guys can anyone tell me if I would need to do a police record to study in Canada
Hi Tamara,
I will advise you to get the police clearance either way. Even if it is not required for the study permit application, you should get it to avoid having to get it (from Canada) after you complete you studies and wish to live here permanently. You will need it for permanent residence application and would have to send fingerprints back home unless you decide to make the trip (which may be faster in some sense).