+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applications from Jamaica

campbellrja

Mar 23, 2019
Yea you can check the processing time week to week. It was around 3 weeks last week. Sometimes it goes to 4 but mostly 3.

I also want to go to Canada as early as next month but I am not sure if that is an issue. Let me know if you find anything out.

Nessa94

Mar 31, 2019
How do I check it? I did it by paper not online, I wanna go next month too. My friend told me its ok to travel early

campbellrja

Mar 23, 2019
How do I check it? I did it by paper not online, I wanna go next month too. My friend told me its ok to travel early
You can link paper application to your online account and view updates to your application.

I recommend you create a gckey account here: https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/rg?execution=e1s1

It can be used with most canadian goverment services.

You can then use the account to sign in here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

and link your paper application.

Reactions: Dee Fulani

Debz_ja

Apr 9, 2019
Do you think its ok to travel in May, I have a friend I will be staying with until school starts
Nessa, i would not recommend it. Ive read many times on this forum where persons went 3 or 4 months before the beginning of school were sent back and told by the immigration officers to return at a later date. Puss n dog nuh have d same luck, but i urge u to be on the side of caution n go july or august

immihelper

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Will be attending Seneca College in September. Applied for study permit March 13th and it was approved April 3rd.
That's a really expensive college. Did you choose it because you have family/friends in that area? Just thought I would share that there are less expensive schools that are designated in other provinces. I went to a college in Toronto so I know how it goes.

campbellrja

Mar 23, 2019
That's a really expensive college. Did you choose it because you have family/friends in that area? Just thought I would share that there are less expensive schools that are designated in other provinces. I went to a college in Toronto so I know how it goes.
Yes, I have family in the area who will provide accommodations for me at no cost. I just need to take care of my tuition and misc expenses.