+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applications from Jamaica

immihelper

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Yes, I have family in the area who will provide accommodations for me at no cost. I just need to take care of my tuition and misc expenses.
Okay well that's cool then. Please take my advice though and walk with "vex" money. I know of too many people who came to family and were put out within a few months. If you are part of a church, reach out to them prior to coming so you can start building a community of support. Do as much research as you can and stay informed. And once again, walk with "vex" money :)

campbellrja

Mar 23, 2019
Okay well that's cool then. Please take my advice though and walk with "vex" money. I know of too many people who came to family and were put out within a few months. If you are part of a church, reach out to them prior to coming so you can start building a community of support. Do as much research as you can and stay informed. And once again, walk with "vex" money :)
I appreciate the advise and concerns. Yes I have access to sufficient funding for my own accommodations if necessary. Fortunately, I do have many different family members in the Toronto area as well as friends who started college there last year. Also, my girlfriend lives about 80 minutes away... so I believe I have a decent enough support system there which I am willing to extend.

immihelper

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I appreciate the advise and concerns. Yes I have access to sufficient funding for my own accommodations if necessary. Fortunately, I do have many different family members in the Toronto area as well as friends who started college there last year. Also, my girlfriend lives about 80 minutes away... so I believe I have a decent enough support system there which I am willing to extend.
That is perfect! You are well on your way! Congrats and all the best with school and your new life here in Canada when you come.

Dee Fulani

Jan 30, 2019
Finally! Sm1 for NL How you feeling about the climate there?... Im scared but ive made up my mind to endure whatever it is i must endure
I know right? We can increase the Jamaican population in St. John’s little by little.
The climate... I don’t even know. I figure as long as I have the right outdoor gear I should be fine.

Reactions: Debz_ja

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi I will be attending NBCC @ moncton campus in September. I applied for the permit in February and got approved in March, I also applied for my spouse work permit an Visa for my child we are all planning to go there in June since I need to find a place to live and get her enrolled in school and my spouse want to start looking for work since finding one may take some time. I hope it won't be an issue at the border

Nessa94

Mar 31, 2019
Hi I will be attending NBCC @ moncton campus in September. I applied for the permit in February and got approved in March, I also applied for my spouse work permit an Visa for my child we are all planning to go there in June since I need to find a place to live and get her enrolled in school and my spouse want to start looking for work since finding one may take some time. I hope it won't be an issue at the border
Hi Tracy, I'm going to Moncton campus as well, I don't think that would be an issue, just explain yourself if asked. I'm planning to go in May.

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi Tracy, I'm going to Moncton campus as well, I don't think that would be an issue, just explain yourself if asked. I'm planning to go in May.
I never thought entering early would be an issue until now. Im wondering if I should change my flight now while i still have the chance. When in May will you be going?

Nessa94

Mar 31, 2019
As soon as I get the visa lol. I don't think it's an issue, people on here says it's risky but I know people who go early without any issue at all.

Nessa94

Mar 31, 2019
Hey any of the Jamaican applicants received any correspondence from IRCC since applying? Like a letter to say they have received the application? Or we'll only receive an email when its completed?

campbellrja

Mar 23, 2019
Hey any of the Jamaican applicants received any correspondence from IRCC since applying? Like a letter to say they have received the application? Or we'll only receive an email when its completed?
You should get about 3 notification emails from VFS initially and another when the application is processed.

Nessa94

Mar 31, 2019
I did it last week but haven't received anything, should I be worried? I have also been trying to link it online but noting can be found. I really need an update

campbellrja

Mar 23, 2019
I did it last week but haven't received anything, should I be worried? I have also been trying to link it online but noting can be found. I really need an update
Where did you submit your application? The VAC on Haining road?

It took about a week before I was able to link my application online.