+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit for May 2018

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
Hi,

I applied open workpermit for spouse online last week using outside Canada.She already got visitor Visa and she is going to travel to Canada next month . I heard if open wp approved we need to submit passport..

Whether we need submit passport India only ? Or if we are in Canada whether v can submit passport?

ameenj

Sep 13, 2018
Hi,

I applied open workpermit for spouse online last week using outside Canada.She already got visitor Visa and she is going to travel to Canada next month . I heard if open wp approved we need to submit passport..

Whether we need submit passport India only ? Or if we are in Canada whether v can submit passport?
Hi actually its a long process u need to submit all evidence of marriage and other related documents in cic website it says 17 weeks process time then medical and u pass the medical then ppr

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
Hi actually its a long process u need to submit all evidence of marriage and other related documents in cic website it says 17 weeks process time then medical and u pass the medical then ppr
HI, thanks i got it.

But my question is When the process complete, my spouse will be in Canada.
But WP applied as outside Canada. I heard we need to submit the passport after the WP approved.
Can we submit the passport in Canada?

Or it could be a problem or any other process is there for this?

ameenj

Sep 13, 2018
HI, thanks i got it.

But my question is When the process complete, my spouse will be in Canada.
But WP applied as outside Canada. I heard we need to submit the passport after the WP approved.
Can we submit the passport in Canada?

Or it could be a problem or any other process is there for this?
As per my knowledge you must submit your passport india only. But there are many people in same situation just try this it will be helpful for you
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-work-permit-on-visitor-visa.525506/

If there is anything more information i get. i will msg you sure. Just reply me if you need any other help or have question.

Saidy

Nov 22, 2014
Any updates for May SOWP applicants???
its the 20th week since I have submitted my application and i have received zero updates, worried!!
Pls do share your updates!!
Thanks in advance

ameenj

Sep 13, 2018
Any updates for May SOWP applicants???
its the 20th week since I have submitted my application and i have received zero updates, worried!!
Pls do share your updates!!
Thanks in advance
You got medical? Or nothing yet

Saidy

Nov 22, 2014
You got medical? Or nothing yet
Just got medical request today. Medical had been done upfront but they are still still requesting it, hence contacted the hospital and they said that they will send it to CIC again.

ameenj

Sep 13, 2018
Just got medical request today. Medical had been done upfront but they are still still requesting it, hence contacted the hospital and they said that they will send it to CIC again.
In which Consulate did u apply? Delhi?

p1234

Sep 28, 2018
I applied on 17th July online from Canada. Without upfront medical no updates yet. Anyone has any update those who applied in July ?