+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit for May 2018

Saidy

Nov 22, 2014
Hello Guys,

Update reg my spouse's application: Medical passed (today).
Any idea as to how long will it take for the final decision? And is there possibility of rejection even after medical pass??

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

devikaus

Sep 16, 2018
i applied US visitor visa from india which was refused because my file was not showing strong ties to return back. My SOWP from Canada refusal because
Next time mention why u got us refusal and show home country ties , like funds and property
i applied US visitor visa from india which was refused because my file was not showing strong ties to return back. My SOWP from Canada refusal because
1. forgot to mention US visa REFUSAL in file..
2. could not satisfy that i will leave Canada at the end of my stay

PLEASE Help me for these questions
(1) how can i give best respond to the above refusal letter?
(2) should i apply again same visa?
(3) there is any other visa available which can help my husband to join me.? please help me thanks.! i will be appreciate for any answer

ameenj

Sep 13, 2018

(3) there is any other visa available which can help my husband to join me.? please help me thanks.! i will be appreciate for any answer
You can apply same visa there is no problem to apply sowp again, but now you have to show that u got usa refusal on date month year and show them home ties that you will be coming back to your home country again property,business,family etc.. tell them in details everything. By the way did u apply by your self?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You should be aware that SOWP are no guaranteed to spouses of international student. You can try and reapply but you may be refused again. Based on your comments I was not sure if you were aware that not all spouses of international students get SOWP.

baj

Nov 30, 2014
Hi all what all documents we need for open spouse workpermit if we have to submit online ... i applied for my workpermit extention as my workpermit expiring in jan2019 ... in mean time i want to apply for spouse open workpermit ... can i use letter of explantion to explain that i applied for workpermit extention ...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all what all documents we need for open spouse workpermit if we have to submit online ... i applied for my workpermit extention as my workpermit expiring in jan2019 ... in mean time i want to apply for spouse open workpermit ... can i use letter of explantion to explain that i applied for workpermit extention ...
You need your extension to be approved first before you'll be able to get an SOWP.

baj

Nov 30, 2014
Can i add explation letter saying i applied workpermit ... i hope i will get in december ...

Ankush88

Oct 29, 2018
Hi Ankush Here!!!!!

I Have question as my wife is student in Montreal And i am on Open work permit. Now My wife visa till April 2019 same as mine. Now She want another course in Montreal. Can we apply same time for Visa extension for her Student And my Open Work permit. Or I wait till her student Visa extended.