+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sharmaprakhar

May 5, 2019
Hi There,

I need a bit of clarity on the below mentioned point, will be extremely thankful to those who assist me with the right knowledge.

I am a Permanent Resident landed in Feb 2020, did 4 survival jobs till Oct 2020 before quitting the last one and going to India to get married. While filling the sponsorship form (please forgive me for not mentioning the form number) in Nov 2020, there was a requirement in one of the pages wherein i had to list all the past jobs including the present one. So i mentioned all of them in the descending order from serial no 2 onwards. While on Serial no 1, I had menitoned like this - Oct 2020 to Present : Looking for a job
But simultaneosly on one of the other pages, I had to mention that whether I am currently employed or unemployed, on that page, I ticked employed for 2 reasons, first I knew I will get a job right away upon my landing(although I did not knew which company since I had interviewed for many) and secondly, I was advised that if you mention unemployed you need furnish a letter of explanation stating how you look forward to support your spouse when she lands in Canada while you dont have a regular income. So in order to avoid that, I mentioned employed, fully believing in my abilities to land a job quickly before the file reaches the immigration office.

So upon my arrival here in Dec 2020 just before the Christmas break, I sent the sponsorship file first thing to Sydney, Nova Scotia office as I wanted to avoid the delay/time lag due to holidays. Now, A week later after sending the sponsorship file, I got a job and have been working there ever since. But since the file was sent upon my immediate arrival I could not enter my new employment details on Serial No 1 which still stated Oct 2020 to Present : Looking for Job

Guys, those who have gone thru the trouble of reading this, please let me know did I do anything wrong.. If yes what I can I do to correct it or what could i have differently in the above scenario... Thanks a lot...

My sponsorship file was received on Jan 11, 2021 and got AOR1 on March 10,2021... Since that no update/movement at all....

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi There,

I need a bit of clarity on the below mentioned point, will be extremely thankful to those who assist me with the right knowledge.

I am a Permanent Resident landed in Feb 2020, did 4 survival jobs till Oct 2020 before quitting the last one and going to India to get married. While filling the sponsorship form (please forgive me for not mentioning the form number) in Nov 2020, there was a requirement in one of the pages wherein i had to list all the past jobs including the present one. So i mentioned all of them in the descending order from serial no 2 onwards. While on Serial no 1, I had menitoned like this - Oct 2020 to Present : Looking for a job
But simultaneosly on one of the other pages, I had to mention that whether I am currently employed or unemployed, on that page, I ticked employed for 2 reasons, first I knew I will get a job right away upon my landing(although I did not knew which company since I had interviewed for many) and secondly, I was advised that if you mention unemployed you need furnish a letter of explanation stating how you look forward to support your spouse when she lands in Canada while you dont have a regular income. So in order to avoid that, I mentioned employed, fully believing in my abilities to land a job quickly before the file reaches the immigration office.

So upon my arrival here in Dec 2020 just before the Christmas break, I sent the sponsorship file first thing to Sydney, Nova Scotia office as I wanted to avoid the delay/time lag due to holidays. Now, A week later after sending the sponsorship file, I got a job and have been working there ever since. But since the file was sent upon my immediate arrival I could not enter my new employment details on Serial No 1 which still stated Oct 2020 to Present : Looking for Job

Guys, those who have gone thru the trouble of reading this, please let me know did I do anything wrong.. If yes what I can I do to correct it or what could i have differently in the above scenario... Thanks a lot...

My sponsorship file was received on Jan 11, 2021 and got AOR1 on March 10,2021... Since that no update/movement at all....
Well, you can send a webform and update them on what your job is and when you started - but it may be misrepresentation on your part. You cannot say you're employed when you're not. You already contradicted yourself in your application. You're either employed or not...you can't just say you are to avoid filling out additional information.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi There,

I would say with out further delay you should send webform with updated information about your employment in that form and write LOE and mention whole scenario and apologize for wrong information.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The COPR is just a landing document. You need your PR card.
A COPR that has been 'stamped' at border is more than a landing document - it is proof of PR status. (It is not before that though).

That said, I do not know well enough to say how this works - esp right now - for inland applications, nor whether COPR (stamped) can be used for the purpose of starting a sponsorship application.

I would think that a stamped COPR and UCI number therein (which will be the PR card number) would be sufficient to start a sponsorship app, but don't know.