+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Luna Choi

Aug 11, 2020
A COPR that has been 'stamped' at border is more than a landing document - it is proof of PR status. (It is not before that though).

That said, I do not know well enough to say how this works - esp right now - for inland applications, nor whether COPR (stamped) can be used for the purpose of starting a sponsorship application.

I would think that a stamped COPR and UCI number therein (which will be the PR card number) would be sufficient to start a sponsorship app, but don't know.
Thanks I’m gonna ask to cic:)

frange

May 25, 2018
A COPR that has been 'stamped' at border is more than a landing document - it is proof of PR status. (It is not before that though).

That said, I do not know well enough to say how this works - esp right now - for inland applications, nor whether COPR (stamped) can be used for the purpose of starting a sponsorship application.

I would think that a stamped COPR and UCI number therein (which will be the PR card number) would be sufficient to start a sponsorship app, but don't know.
If the person is landed, he is a PR even without the card; so that he can sponsor his family. COPR can be used as proof of PR status.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If the person is landed, he is a PR even without the card; so that he can sponsor his family. COPR can be used as proof of PR status.
That's what I would have thought, thanks. I'm still not clear about how it is working right now for inland apps but sure someone will confirm.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

Sorry, my misunderstanding!

dec12aor

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I am in a weird situation, My spouse in India. And I filled the forms and validated the forms and sent her via email, when she takes the printout the serial numbers on right hand side of the application which has barcode are changing every time, when we take a printout from different computers? Can i send the different serial numbers applications? Thanks in advance!!

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone,
I am in a weird situation, My spouse in India. And I filled the forms and validated the forms and sent her via email, when she takes the printout the serial numbers on right hand side of the application which has barcode are changing every time, when we take a printout from different computers? Can i send the different serial numbers applications? Thanks in advance!!
Each set of forms will have it's own unique barcode. The one that is printed is what they will see...so make sure that she is signing the final draft of each form completely. Don't print one page to replace, print the whole document.

Prabhgillz

Oct 29, 2020
Good luck and happy to see something. it is embarrassing that they have been shut down for so long and not willing to help or do anything. I don't mean it in hate and happy for others but what is worse is seeing 2020 applicants having there files completed while mine Aug 2019 is going no where. They should be fair.
Right January 2020

Tintin1984

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Hi

we’re trying to call the ircc office with a Canadian number. We’re based in the UK, and wanted to know if anyone can advise,
when the best time to call is?
And also where in Canada they’re located, so we can call first thing.

thanks

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hi

we’re trying to call the ircc office with a Canadian number. We’re based in the UK, and wanted to know if anyone can advise,
when the best time to call is?
And also where in Canada they’re located, so we can call first thing.

thanks
I could be wrong about this, but I think you can only call IRCC from within Canada. At least, we tried calling from the US about our daughter's citizenship application and it wouldn't connect. My mother-in-law was able to get through from within Canada.

Reactions: Tintin1984

Tintin1984

Star Member
May 25, 2015
thanks for your response, you can call outside of Canada with a Canadian number- it’s a workaround. I discovered this through this forum!

I just need to know when’s best to call. I’m not having much luck getting through