+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Yet more questions lol...

I will be leaving my current position soon - to update employment history on the various forms do I just use the webform to inform them of the change or do I re-fill out the whole form and resubmit by mail? Also, when looking back over the documents I realized I may have done a super dumb thing. Well, two dumb things. The first is that in the personal history of IMM 5669 I totally blanked on listing side jobs I had at various times in the past 10 years. There are no gaps in my history (all time is accounted for) but for instance, I had a part-time job in university that I didn't list because I was so focused on listing what was the full-time thing I was doing at each time and it didn't even occur to me until now to list my part-time jobs. The one that has me more worried is that I left off by accident a very part-time job I've had since the fall (0-3 hours a week) from the personal history, again because it didn't even occur to me that they might part-time positions listed. Do I redo that form and send it back in with an explanation/apology that I didn't think to include part-time side gigs, or were they just looking for my full-time occupation at the time? Thanks!

Diplomat07

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hello, I was hoping some of you could shed some light on what's going on with my app lol. I am an April 8 applicant, Yesterday I received AIP but no SA yet, today I got Decision Made on Ecas, both sponsor and applicant, and received Pre-arrival services letter on Gckey as well. But here is the thing: I was requested to re-take my fingerprints due to poor quality so I did, but ran through the same issues so I was expecting to have to take them again. So now I'm really confused. Can they still request me to do fingerprints again if we now have DM? Because on my gkcey it says they don't need my fingerprints, as opposed to 'completed'. And is having no SA and only AIP normal? I hope someone can clarify this to me a little. Thank you.
Sometimes it happens. I have noticed people receiving the Decision made or PPR directly. If are noticing DM at both Sponsor and Applicant's side, it is highly unlikely that they will request the finger prints again. Just wait for the passport request now.

Reactions: J20190911

Diplomat07

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020

I will be leaving my current position soon - to update employment history on the various forms do I just use the webform to inform them of the change or do I re-fill out the whole form and resubmit by mail? Also, when looking back over the documents I realized I may have done a super dumb thing. Well, two dumb things. The first is that in the personal history of IMM 5669 I totally blanked on listing side jobs I had at various times in the past 10 years. There are no gaps in my history (all time is accounted for) but for instance, I had a part-time job in university that I didn't list because I was so focused on listing what was the full-time thing I was doing at each time and it didn't even occur to me until now to list my part-time jobs. The one that has me more worried is that I left off by accident a very part-time job I've had since the fall (0-3 hours a week) from the personal history, again because it didn't even occur to me that they might part-time positions listed. Do I redo that form and send it back in with an explanation/apology that I didn't think to include part-time side gigs, or were they just looking for my full-time occupation at the time? Thanks!
Have you received the AOR?

Diplomat07

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
I think so. I've gotten a biometrics request, have a UCI and application number, it says in progress online. I haven't gotten anything that says acknowledgment of receipt, but
Okay so yeah if you are able to link your file to GCkey and see biometrics and file number, it means your file is in their system right now. To answer your question, I am not an expert and if I were you, I will raise a webform just explaining what happened and if they want you to send them the new form? Wait for their response. Sometimes, they may say that, provide us the new form or in my case whenever I had to update anything, they just told me that Visa officer will contact you if any additional information will be required.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Only update if they ask. No need to add side jobs and part time in this context.

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Sometimes it happens. I have noticed people receiving the Decision made or PPR directly. If are noticing DM at both Sponsor and Applicant's side, it is highly unlikely that they will request the finger prints again. Just wait for the passport request now.
million thanks

Gordon2021

Apr 3, 2021
Hi all,

I have a problem with the Outland Spouse Sponsorship application fee, I'm a Canadian who lives in hong kong with 2 dependent children who already apply Canadian citizenship proof in 2020 Dec, do I still need to pay for the Sponsor a dependent child $150 CAD X 2?

Thank you for your reply.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,

I have a problem with the Outland Spouse Sponsorship application fee, I'm a Canadian who lives in hong kong with 2 dependent children who already apply Canadian citizenship proof in 2020 Dec, do I still need to pay for the Sponsor a dependent child $150 CAD X 2?

Thank you for your reply.
You do not apply for PR status for children who are (presumed) Canadian citizens. They are not included in the main PR application form as applicants (even though they are dependents because as presumed citizens they cannot become PRs); you will need to show that you have applied for citizenship for them (attach copies of the application).

Gordon2021

Apr 3, 2021
You do not apply for PR status for children who are (presumed) Canadian citizens. They are not included in the main PR application form as applicants (even though they are dependents because as presumed citizens they cannot become PRs); you will need to show that you have applied for citizenship for them (attach copies of the application).
Thank you for your quick response.;)

Gordon2021

Apr 3, 2021
How about the biometrics? Do they need to do it?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How about the biometrics? Do they need to do it?
Only if needed for passports (don't know). And note, I think biometrics not taken for children under 14, but that's a question for The Google.

At any rate the thing to keep in mind is it's a different process for them, apart from the additional family information form and demonstrating that you've applied for citizenship for them, they're (in a sense) not a part of the sponsorship application at all.

Gordon2021

Apr 3, 2021
Only if needed for passports (don't know). And note, I think biometrics not taken for children under 14, but that's a question for The Google.

At any rate the thing to keep in mind is it's a different process for them, apart from the additional family information form and demonstrating that you've applied for citizenship for them, they're (in a sense) not a part of the sponsorship application at all.
Well noted and thank you for your help

Amirkia

Apr 3, 2021
Hi everyone,
Quick question:
I am an outland applicant but I am in Canada on a visitor visa, what should I do after receiving PPR?