+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
thanks for your response, you can call outside of Canada with a Canadian number- it’s a workaround. I discovered this through this forum!

I just need to know when’s best to call. I’m not having much luck getting through
Nice! Good to know. I will say my MIL got through in terms of she ended up on hold, but ultimately got cut off after an hour on hold. I think she called around noon Ontario time.

Luna Choi

Aug 11, 2020
A COPR that has been 'stamped' at border is more than a landing document - it is proof of PR status. (It is not before that though).

That said, I do not know well enough to say how this works - esp right now - for inland applications, nor whether COPR (stamped) can be used for the purpose of starting a sponsorship application.

I would think that a stamped COPR and UCI number therein (which will be the PR card number) would be sufficient to start a sponsorship app, but don't know.
Cic said I can submit COPR:)

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
We need to get a lot of documents translated, but we aren't sure exactly what kind of translation we need.

For official documents like passports, and other important government documents, we know that we need to get them translated and notarized.

What about less important documents, proving our relationship, such as receipts from IKEA showing our address. Do they need to be notarized, or is a basic translation enough?

Luna Choi

Aug 11, 2020
I have a question.
I’m preparing document 0008.
Number 12 says ‘ during the past five years have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or your current country of residence r more than 6 months.’
I’m staying in Canada
Then
It indicates without my country and Canada, right?

Hsidhu2020

Apr 6, 2021
Hi I’m new to group. I have applied outland sponsor. I’m living in canada and my husband is in india , sent file on September 11th and haven’t got any updates yet on file not even file number ,,,, anyone have any idea how long will it take ,???

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
May be phone them get a TEMP no. at least. They are taking more than usual times on everything due to COVID

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Does calling the IRCC number help with anything in regards to delay of applications? I see it say,

• help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing
What constitutes a urgent processing? I mean having it been 21 months I feel is urgent in my eyes.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Hsidhu2020

Apr 6, 2021
Does calling the IRCC number help with anything in regards to delay of applications? I see it say,

• help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing
What constitutes a urgent processing? I mean having it been 21 months I feel is urgent in my eyes.
A friend of mine said he applied in august and he got his wife’s file number in first week of march .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Order gcms notes, try inquiring through your MP.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Order gcms notes, try inquiring through your MP.
Ordered notes and MP does nothing, tried them twice. Did just get off the phone with IRCC and they told me spousal application does not apply to get your application for urgent processing. It is meant for other applications.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ordered notes and MP does nothing, tried them twice. Did just get off the phone with IRCC and they told me spousal application does not apply to get your application for urgent processing. It is meant for other applications.
What do gcms notes say? Have you applied for TRV?

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
What do gcms notes say? Have you applied for TRV?
Still waiting on the notes, have applied for TRV but no movements on that. I even emailed RCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca where it says What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa Step 1: Email us, so we can prioritize your application but been over a month and no reply from them. When they say you should hear back from us within 14 days. Just having the worst luck with this sponsorship.