+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Received a mail from cic stating dependent PR application sent to Delhi Visa Office from Mississauga Canada. Have already completed biometric and medical exam. What does this mean? How long this would take to complete?
It means what it is written (application is sent to NDVO for further process). The total process will be about 12 months.

Safa Basheer

Jan 2, 2019
Hi everyone, I hope the week has been kind to you all.
I am just wondering if anyone else has had difficulty linking their paper application (if you applied outland) to an online account? I tried multiple options (using UCI and account number, name and birth date etc...) but it cannot find my application anywhere. I have contacted IRCC regarding this but just wanted to know if anyone else was having the same issue.

Cheers!
Hi, We were facing the same issue for a long time. We successfully linked it yesterday. Number of applicants has to include the Sponsor as well. PA+sponsor and the number of dependent children if applicable.

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Is it generally safe to assume that the principal applicant has passed eligibility after their background check has started and the file has been transferred to the visa office? Or is there still a chance that they will be interviewed to determine if the relationship is genuine?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In express entry they will ask are you married if she says yes. Then they will ask is he accompanying you there she said no because of low crs point.
You really need to do some research.

Your wife will submit her application with you as non-accompanying. This means that you still need to submit all of the necessary forms/PCCs/documents and have a medical but will not get PR. There is no point in including the children as non-accompanying; they should be included as accompanying.

After she lands, she will sponsor you for PR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ITA means invitation to apply. So she now has to fill out additional paperwork to finalize the PR application process.

From what I can see you removed your family to increase the CRS. And adding them in will lose the ITA.

You have a choice: misrepresent and never be sponsored, or properly fill out the profile and lose the ITA.

If she accepts the ITA without you in her profile, you are banned from being sponsored, ever. And if IRCC finds out your wife is married and her profile says she is not married, she will be at risk of losing her PR.
Not quite. Adding a spouse as accompanying decreases the score. Adding a spouse as non-accompanying doesn't change the score.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is it generally safe to assume that the principal applicant has passed eligibility after their background check has started and the file has been transferred to the visa office? Or is there still a chance that they will be interviewed to determine if the relationship is genuine?
No. Interviews can be called right up to the end of the process.

Adeena

May 11, 2019
Hi everyone,
I gave my biometrics on 25th April 2019 after which i got email from vfs that my biometrics is on transit to IRCC office. But on 6th may IRCC again sent me biometric instruction letter. Can anyone tell me what do i need to do next? Do i need to give my biometric again or vfs global takes time to deliver them.

May 10, 2019
It means what it is written (application is sent to NDVO for further process). The total process will be about 12 months.
Time elapsed since i submitted my application is 5 months. If the application is sent back from Canada to Country of Origin, why would i have to wait for 12 months?? And they send back the application only if its approved rite? Help me on this please!!

Apr 23, 2019
hello advisors
I had an interview on 9 April,2019 and visa officer approved my application on interview day. After 2 days decision made was showing on online status. I was wondering if anyone could through some light on after how many days you get passport request fromNew delhi

Haya1010

May 13, 2019
Hi I have a question our appeal hearing interview was done on 1st may with my spouse and I was told by judge that the decision was mailed out with in 60 days I am wondering normally what is the time line we get our appeal decision any experience please share thanks

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
My GCkey status as they are reviewing eligibility since the day I linked my application (AOR1). I got SA, medicals, bio and File transfer as well after that, still the GCkey shows they are reviewing eligibility. Are they still reviewing my eligibility or simply they are not updating the GCkey? It kind of worries me they found something in terms of eligibilty:(

Reactions: Enxhi

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
My GCkey status as they are reviewing eligibility since the day I linked my application (AOR1). I got SA, medicals, bio and File transfer as well after that, still the GCkey shows they are reviewing eligibility. Are they still reviewing my eligibility or simply they are not updating the GCkey? It kind of worries me they found something in terms of eligibilty:(
They review your eligibility the entire time.

Pravallika Ravuri

Oct 28, 2018
Hello I am Pravallika Ravuri.! I am from INDIA.! I have applied for Dependent with open work permit.! I have dropped my visa on 12th april and it is still under process.! I have also submitted my passport also on the same day when i had dropped my visa!
I just want to know in how many days i would be getting my visa.?
Also that they dint for any medicals.?
If they request later after how many days i will be getting my visa?
I got recently married my husband is working there at canada !
So just what to know how long does it take DEPENDENT WITH OPEN WORK PERMIT to get processed.?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Time elapsed since i submitted my application is 5 months. If the application is sent back from Canada to Country of Origin, why would i have to wait for 12 months?? And they send back the application only if its approved rite? Help me on this please!!
12 months is the standard processing time

No, the app is not sent to the VO if it is approved. Most of the app is processed by the local VO and nearly all refusals happen at the local VO.