+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

zeffrin

May 6, 2019
Hello Guys,

My wife is a new PR immigrant. My agent told us she needs to be in Canada for at least a year then only she can apply to sponsor me and kids so total 2 years of waiting. Is that true?

We are living in Dubai for many years If I transfer money to her AC in Canada does that help to apply soon as she lands or after getting a PR card.

Can anybody help to guide me through the process for a New PR to sponsor husband and kids after she land?

Regards,
Zeffrin

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor. You must be able to demonstrate you can support your family and cannot be collecting welfare.
Affidavit is enough to demonstrate my willingness to support my family, coz I am not sure how long it may take to find job in Canada.
I am immigrant, was out of Canada for 2 years, now going back in June and have a plan to apply for my wife & daughter

zeffrin

May 6, 2019
Did she mention you and your kids on the initial application?
In our initial application it was there and we had 436 points. Later it was removed to reach 449 points to get ITA. She was single applicant without family when she got ITA.

Sarahmary

May 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I hope the week has been kind to you all.
I am just wondering if anyone else has had difficulty linking their paper application (if you applied outland) to an online account? I tried multiple options (using UCI and account number, name and birth date etc...) but it cannot find my application anywhere. I have contacted IRCC regarding this but just wanted to know if anyone else was having the same issue.

Cheers!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In our initial application it was there and we had 436 points. Later it was removed to reach 449 points to get ITA. She was single applicant without family when she got ITA.
All three of you need to be added to the application as dependents and must pass the medical before she lands in Canada. If she lands in Canada without declaring you, you can never be sponsored. It doesn't matter that she was single when she got ITA. If she is listed as single on her COPR, she MUST return her COPR and let the visa office know about you and submit the paperwork to add all of you to her application.

Reactions: zeffrin

zeffrin

May 6, 2019
All three of you need to be added to the application as dependents and must pass the medical before she lands in Canada. If she lands in Canada without declaring you, you can never be sponsored. It doesn't matter that she was single when she got ITA. If she is listed as single on her COPR, she MUST return her COPR and let the visa office know about you and submit the paperwork to add all of you to her application.
We have only received ITA we are under process. So in order to sponsor us what she needs to do? only on CORP, she needs to mention us, and I think it falls under family application class. Is there a need to live in Canada for a year before sponsoring.

huzaifaimam1

Mar 26, 2017
Hi,
friends i received this email when i submitted my application to London Visa Office for spouse and family sponsorship. please let me know when i will get a response???? What are the next steps???

Family Sponsorship - CONFIRMATION
Your enquiry has been received by the London visa office. We respond to all enquiries within 28 days. Enquiries marked as urgent by the sender and deemed urgent after review will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. Film/Media crews travelling on short notice will receive a response within 5 days. If you have submitted new information, we will update your file without replying to confirm.
-----------------
Le bureau des visas de Londres a reçu votre requête. Nous répondons à toutes les requêtes dans les 28 jours. Les requêtes marquées urgentes par le requérant et jugées urgentes après évaluation recevront une réponse dans les 24 à 48 heures. Les équipes de tournage ou de médias voyageant à court terme recevront une réponse dans les 5 jours. Si vous avez soumis de nouvelles informations, votre dossier sera mis à jour sans qu'une confirmation soit envoyée

May 9, 2019
Hello Guys,

I was in express entry pool with my family with the score 440 I have only 4 months left. Now we have removed family (point 450 under Federal Skilled Worker) to get ITA. Hopefully I will get an invitation next week. In order to sponsor my family (Husband and 2 Kids under 10 years), what shall I do?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We have only received ITA we are under process. So in order to sponsor us what she needs to do? only on CORP, she needs to mention us, and I think it falls under family application class. Is there a need to live in Canada for a year before sponsoring.
She needs to add the three of you to the application now. She should contact the visa office now to let them know she now has three dependents. It's critical that she add you to the application before she lands in Canada and gets PR. Again, if she fails to do this - she can never sponsor you.

zeffrin

May 6, 2019
She needs to add the three of you to the application now. She should contact the visa office now to let them know she now has three dependents. It's critical that she add you to the application before she lands in Canada and gets PR. Again, if she fails to do this - she can never sponsor you.
In which application in Express Entry profile or CORP

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
In which application in Express Entry profile or CORP
She doesn't have a COPR yet, you said. You said she had only received ITA. Has she applied? She needs to include you on the profile and the application now and if she has already submitted the application, she needs to submit a webform and/or CSE saying "Oh wait I forgot I was married" now!

Reactions: Gallagher

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Experts, I need help against sponsorship of my 2nd wife. After my permanent residency , I got married back home again with 2nd wife & I have also never sponsored my first wife who is still back home. I have declared my first marriage at the time of my permanent resident application and now I am planning to sponsor my 2nd wife as according to Canadian Law, I can only sponsor one wife. I am seeking your professional help and guidance in regards with this matter.
You can only sponsor your first wife for PR. It's not possible for you to sponsor your second wife - IRCC does not recognize this relationship.

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
I am a Canadian citizen, planning to sponsor my husband for PR. I have lots of doubts. can some one please clear my confusion.
I am trying to put all details in point wise.

Total family had taken PR in 2006, my husband had to give up PR in year 2015. Me and my son are citizens now and I am living in Canada.

Now my husband is a visitor to Canada , he is working and living in Kuwait.
1.where should I courier my application to.
2.should there be two different applications posted one from me and one from my husband or it is only one full package.
3.should I mention that my husband was a previous PR holder, as they did not ask for this question in application.

Thanks in advance to one and all

zeffrin

May 6, 2019
She doesn't have a COPR yet, you said. You said she had only received ITA. Has she applied? She needs to include you on the profile and the application now and if she has already submitted the application, she needs to submit a webform and/or CSE saying "Oh wait I forgot I was married" now!
I will make more clear last week she got ITA from express entry pool. After invitation we can't update the profile. Now we have submit IELTS WES EXPERIENCE BANK STATEMENT within 60 days. Now when it comes to sponsoring family what all things we have to keep in mind.