+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Or more. They aim for 80% of spousal applications to be processed within 12 months but have mostly fallen short of this. If I recall correctly something like 80% are processed within 15 months.

Every case is different and birth/home country, travel record, the province where the sponsor lives, how many others are in the queue or apply when you do, any paperwork mistakes, and sheer good/bad luck all play a role.
Up to 12 months

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggles88

superjelala

Mar 16, 2014
Hello again!

After reading some more on the process for our spousal application, I have come across some Qs that need clarification.

Since we are landing in Quebec and the province has its own application process. I found out the following steps:

1. Submit the spousal application + fees.
2. Wait for the response for eligibility and, if eligible, submit the undertaking along with the sponsored person's permanent selection application (i believe is csq forms) + fees.
3. Wait again, and if approved, that is the time we can send the permanent resident application form + fees.

My spouse has just been given TRV with multiple entry and we are planning to land in Quebec together. We do plan to submit and try our luck for an open work permit while my spouse is still there. I have come across this "implied status" when submitting a spousal application.

My question is, is my understanding correct if I say we can only send this open work permit application once steps 1 & 2 above is complete? Therefore, this implied status will only be active once we submit the documents in step 3 along with the open work permit documents? Or are we able to submit the open work permit documents along with the step 1 spousal documents?

Please do help shed some light for us to take necessary steps forward, thank you!

Last edited:

ramneek308

May 15, 2019
Hello everyone....m new in this forum...m frm india..my husband in canada....he applied for my PR(india)
File received 14feb
Medical done 22april...
Biometric done 8May....vfs office
Aftr biometric I didn't receive anything...they gave me tracking Id when I m trying to track my biometric application it shows no record found...and my UCI file show same status....I want to know what will next...how they inform me...whether they receive it or not...it would be appreciated if anyone give me the information about this...what will next...how they inform me...how long does it take to response....

Andyro

May 16, 2019
Thanks for the post Leon! It is very helpful... I have a question my boyfriend and me had been living together for 12 months but due to my visitor visa, studies and work I had to come back home (the longest period without seeing each other was of 5 weeks) can we still apply to common law sponsorship? Or do we have to live together without interruption? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the post Leon! It is very helpful... I have a question my boyfriend and me had been living together for 12 months but due to my visitor visa, studies and work I had to come back home (the longest period without seeing each other was of 5 weeks) can we still apply to common law sponsorship? Or do we have to live together without interruption? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
5 weeks is too long of a break.

SYEDM990

May 16, 2019
Greetings. Below is my time line can any one tell me how long it will take from this stage till getting request for passport submission.

1. We received application for permanent residence on September 7, 2018.
  2. We sent correspondence on December 20, 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent a letter on February 5, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent medical instructions on February 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent correspondence acknowledging receipt application(s) on March 8, 2019.
  7. We started processing application on March 8, 2019.
On march 8 i got an email from london office that they are started working on my application but its been more than 2 months no updates. Over the cic web site its shows in process. Can any one tell me how long it will take from this point untill get PR.

Adeena

May 11, 2019
Hello everyone....m new in this forum...m frm india..my husband in canada....he applied for my PR(india)
File received 14feb
Medical done 22april...
Biometric done 8May....vfs office
Aftr biometric I didn't receive anything...they gave me tracking Id when I m trying to track my biometric application it shows no record found...and my UCI file show same status....I want to know what will next...how they inform me...whether they receive it or not...it would be appreciated if anyone give me the information about this...what will next...how they inform me...how long does it take to response....
Do check your gckey.if it has your biometrics number then it's fine bcz I also didn't get any notification from cic after biometrics.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Hello guys I am a March 2019 applicant and April AOR . The day i have applied for my husband under spouse sponsorship . I submitted my husbands ID card passport , while ircc has forgotten to put a letter at the end of my husbands first name we submitted a webform many times and from May 6 they have been working on it and didn’t receive anything from them while this process We got medical and the medical was done in Afghanistan and they didn’t have a problem with the name error and now we got biometrics and since there’s no visa office in Afghanistan he has to go india or Pakistan to do them . My husband spoke to vfs office in India to book an appointment they have told my husband since the name is the issue we can’t accept it unless until ur name is fix so guys any idea suggestions plz

SYEDM990

May 16, 2019
Greetings. Below is my time line can any one tell me how long it will take from this stage till getting request for passport submission.

2. We sent correspondence on December 20, 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent a letter on February 5, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent medical instructions on February 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent correspondence acknowledging receipt application(s) on March 8, 2019.
On march 8 i got an email from london office that they are started working on my application but its been more than 2 months no updates. Over the cic web site its shows in process. Can any one tell me how long it will take from this point untill get PR.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

LVO is a very slow office and it's not at all uncommon for apps processed there to take 9-12 months.

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Asa Friends

I am an Immigrant and living in Pakistan. Planning to go back on 11th June '19.

I am in process to fill the forms for my wife and daughter. Need guidance in queries related to form.

1. There are some forms which are to be filled by Principal Applicant (My spouse) and also by principal applicant's spouse separately. I am being immigrant already, should i fill the form separately as spouse or its Not Applicable on me.

2. In some forms; UCI number is asked. Being immigrant, I have my UCI Number but the principal applicant (Spouse) don't have this number as yet. Can i write My UCI Number or should write "Not Applicable"?

3. There is a question that "Are we living together or separately?? I am living together since last 2 years but by the time I will send my application, i will be living separately. should i write living separately???
(In that case they are asking for Communication proofs which i might not have alot coz we'll be living separately for few days only)

Would appreciate guidance in this matter.

Regards