+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

steve1975

Jan 16, 2019
I sent in my brother's application (spousal, outland) via UPS and it was received 3 weeks ago. To be honest, I am a bit worried about completion of the paperwork as I have not done anything like this before.
My question is: 1.How long does it take to hear something, ANYTHING, from immigration about the status of the application.
2. Is there any way to link the application on their website,we have GCKey, with the minimal info (fee receipt) we have? If yes, is there a step by step?

Thanks again for any assistance offered.

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
I sent in my brother's application (spousal, outland) via UPS and it was received 3 weeks ago. To be honest, I am a bit worried about completion of the paperwork as I have not done anything like this before.
My question is: 1.How long does it take to hear something, ANYTHING, from immigration about the status of the application.
2. Is there any way to link the application on their website,we have GCKey, with the minimal info (fee receipt) we have? If yes, is there a step by step?

Thanks again for any assistance offered.
It takes 4 to 8 weeks to hear anything, you will recieve an email or letter in the mail that says they have recieved the application (This is called an AOR, Acknowledgement of Reciept). If you want to know around when you should expect news, you can join one of the January 2019 threads

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,
I'm a Canadian PR holder. I'm currently engaged to my soon to be wife and plan to get married soon and bring here here.
My soon to be wife, has a visitor visa already and is coming to Canada on a business trip this month. So to speed up the process of visa and save time, we were thinking of getting married while she is here.

Is it okay to get married in canada while on a visitor visa on a business trip?

If we do get married here, I was planning on sponsoring her, applying for open work permit and PR when she returns to india in March, So this falls under outland sponsorship category now.

We plan to get married in india with indian traditions in june and return together to canada in june.
Now that we would be married, her application being in process

Can she re-enter canada on the same visitor visa as my spouse ? (I've read in some posts that this can cause an issue, since she is now married to a canadian PR, and the immigration officer might think that she will extend her stay illegally while on visitor visa)

If she gets an open work permit before we travel back in june, is it okay for her to enter canada as my spouse on an open work permit

Also, we started the application as outlander, but in june when we come back together, does she now become inland applicant? Do we need to inform immigration department of this change and what are the consequences of this change if any

If anyone could provide any information on this it would be really helpful. Or any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance! :)
I have somewhat similar case, would like to know how are you going ahead, my fiancee is in US, i am in india (expecting PPR by Mar/Apr) and will plan landing by July/Aug, meanwhile she will apply her tourist visa to Canada, and we can get married in US/Canada and then i can apply for her sponsorship.

newedm

Jun 6, 2018
I haven`t idea this forum is for me or not (please correct)
actually I am living in Alberta, I got my AINP nomination September 2018 and in December I got my Permanent Resident AOR from federal provincial nominee class.
Now the case is I am getting married in April and my spouse live in Vancouver (British Columbia) and he is PR Card holder. So I want to move to BC as soon as possible.
How can I legally move to BC (Because my PR process is based on Alberta nominated)
whats my options are?
should I Withdraw my PR file from provincial class category( because it will take 19 months which is too long to stay in Alberta)
should I apply on spousal program or any better and safe option to move there ASAP.
please help me

Fopogi26

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
When they do the BGC are they going to see my file back home?or someone else Application? My ex put me as dependent when he applying for LCGP but he go refused... do u think they will look onto him app?
Though I broke up with him 2014

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
When they do the BGC are they going to see my file back home?or someone else Application? My ex put me as dependent when he applying for LCGP but he go refused... do u think they will look onto him app?
Though I broke up with him 2014
he's your ex so as long as you say you arent together anymore then it shouldnt be a huge issue, especially since he was rejected

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
Hello folks is it possible to bring spouse on visitor visa while PR app is in progress?

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
Hi everyone ,I just send off my application but my husband going to change his job next week can this affect my application. Anyone in similar situation

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I haven`t idea this forum is for me or not (please correct)
actually I am living in Alberta, I got my AINP nomination September 2018 and in December I got my Permanent Resident AOR from federal provincial nominee class.
Now the case is I am getting married in April and my spouse live in Vancouver (British Columbia) and he is PR Card holder. So I want to move to BC as soon as possible.
How can I legally move to BC (Because my PR process is based on Alberta nominated)
whats my options are?
should I Withdraw my PR file from provincial class category( because it will take 19 months which is too long to stay in Alberta)
should I apply on spousal program or any better and safe option to move there ASAP.
please help me
You need to be living in Alberta to receive PR through AINP. If you want to move to B.C., then I would recommend withdrawing your AINP application and having your spouse sponsor you for PR through spousal sponsorship.

Reactions: singleman

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone ,I just send off my application but my husband going to change his job next week can this affect my application. Anyone in similar situation
No - this shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: Question12

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Is there anywhere on the forum that lists all of the different abbreviations (AIP, DM, VO, etc.) and examples? If not, would there be any way to make one and sticky it?

Asking for a friend.... :rolleyes::oops:

Reactions: Moonpiegirl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......