+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hi Guys! I'm in process of applying for Spouse Out Canada app. One of the requirement is to submit my CRA 'Notice Of assessment'. As I'm a new immigrant (I came to Canada in Feb 2018 and started work in April 2018), I'll have to file my tax returns through paper based app which will take time to process ( about 2 months) which means my Notice of Assessment will take time.

I don't want to wait that long and want to submit my Spouse app asap. Is it anyway I can skip the Notice Of Assessment requirement or may be submit that document later? Can I submit T4, pay stubs and bank statements with Letter of Explanation telling why I was't able to submit NOA for now?

Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi Guys! I'm in process of applying for Spouse Out Canada app. One of the requirement is to submit my CRA 'Notice Of assessment'. As I'm a new immigrant (I came to Canada in Feb 2018 and started work in April 2018), I'll have to file my tax returns through paper based app which will take time to process ( about 2 months) which means my Notice of Assessment will take time.

I don't want to wait that long and want to submit my Spouse app asap. Is it anyway I can skip the Notice Of Assessment requirement or may be submit that document later? Can I submit T4, pay stubs and bank statements with Letter of Explanation telling why I was't able to submit NOA for now?

Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks
They will pretty much return your application for being incomplete even if you give an explanation. Has happened to a few people on this very forum. If not NOA they also have given the choice of proof of income statement (Option C). If you can provide that, you’re good to go otherwise waiting until you get you’re NOA for two months is better than applying now and getting your application returned after 2 months.

Mani23

Feb 8, 2019
Ye
They will pretty much return your application for being incomplete even if you give an explanation. Has happened to a few people on this very forum. If not NOA they also have given the choice of proof of income statement (Option C). If you can provide that, you’re good to go otherwise waiting until you get you’re NOA for two months is better than applying now and getting your application returned after 2 months.
Yes you can

jaycekravsky

Feb 26, 2019
Hi all I have a couple questions
1/ Can my wife and I apply for both outland and inland spousal sponsorship as the same time to increase the chance of success? Does Immigration prefer outland or inland applications? I am currently on a student visa in Canada, she’s already a PR but not working or studying, which is the better option for us?
2/ Is there a minimum amount of time that we have to be legally married before we apply? Do we have to live together under the same address should we choose the inland option?
Thank you all and have a good evening!

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
IMM5406 Additional Family Information question.

This form can be a little confusing if you are unsure
about the details even after reading the guide.

Is the email address critical for the applicants family members?
( father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, etc.)
If not provided will you have to explain on separate sheet of paper why there is no email given?

Please clarify if you know.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all I have a couple questions
1/ Can my wife and I apply for both outland and inland spousal sponsorship as the same time to increase the chance of success? Does Immigration prefer outland or inland applications? I am currently on a student visa in Canada, she’s already a PR but not working or studying, which is the better option for us?
2/ Is there a minimum amount of time that we have to be legally married before we apply? Do we have to live together under the same address should we choose the inland option?
Thank you all and have a good evening!
1. No, you can't apply for both. IRCC does not have a preference. Your personal decision; no one here can tell you what is the better option.

2. There is no minimum time you must be married. Yes, you must be living together if you apply inland.

Reactions: jaycekravsky

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019

If not provided will you have to explain on separate sheet of paper why there is no email given?

Just write N/A in the slots where the person does not have an email id. Not necessary to explain why they dont have an email id.

tajvin

Aug 2, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm sponsoring my husband from Bangladesh. Here's our timeline:

Application Received: September 12th 2018
AOR1: December 16th 2018
Biometrics: January 13th 2019
Sponsor Approval: January 16th 2019
AOR2: January 31st 2019
Medical Requested: February 27th 2019

He's going to do his medical exam within the next couple days. What should we be expecting next and how much longer does it usually take for a decision to be made?

Anything would help. Thanks guys!

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hey guys has this happened to anyone need help please... i got biometrics request on janurary 26 2019 i gave my fingerprints on janurary 28 2019 on gckey in biometrics enrollment box it shows that i have them on janurary 28 2019 but ever since it always said we need your fingerprints and on february 26 a month exactly since they requested them it changed to we have not recieved your fingerprints anyone know anything about this i am very worried??

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018

Actually, I got my application back for putting N/A here. I had to send it back in with last known emails or N/A if too young for an email and a detailed letter of explanation as to why I couldn't provide the emails.

steve1975

Jan 16, 2019
Hello all. Reaching out for help again. I am helping my brother with his application.
I received the following email for outland spousal sponsorship.
"
Dear :

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of and family (if applicable).

We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.

The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A confirmation letter will be sent to you once the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected. This confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application to the Provincial government.

Am I correct in assuming that the application and the forms that I filled out have been accepted and were found to be error free? This is what worries me the most. Could I relax now?

As far as my next step. I have the Quebec forms filled out. Do I send them in or wait for the confirmation email from IRCC and then submit?

Thank you for your help.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Actually, I got my application back for putting N/A here. I had to send it back in with last known emails or N/A if too young for an email and a detailed letter of explanation as to why I couldn't provide the emails.
Wow,
Thanks for sharing that.
They seem to be overly critical regarding email address information?
Not everyone uses them especially the elderly or children. The social media
apps are much more prevalent now.

LivMeher

Apr 11, 2018
Wow,
Thanks for sharing that.
They seem to be overly critical regarding email address information?
Not everyone uses them especially the elderly or children. The social media
apps are much more prevalent now.
agreed. my husbands parents (in their 50s) don't have emails anymore and I have two sisters under ten, so we put n/a for those. It seemed crazy to me that the application got sent back for that. Definitely just make sure you include a separate sheet of paper that's labelled the same as the application form for that one. I just wrote a small paragraph explaining all that. Was really stressful for something so meaningless, since it seems like they don't even use that information for anything.