19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Hi guys,

Today is 12 months for us. PARIS visa office just told be that we are within normal processing time. They refered me to a website that does not mention background check as part of the 12 months processing.

Has it happened to anyone ?

I will be following up with my MP.
Could you share the website they sent you?

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
It’s https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

Submitted on or after December 7, 2016

12 months ?

You may need to give biometrics with your application.

This processing time includes:

• the time you need to give your biometrics
  • the assessment of the sponsor and the person being sponsored
  • the time we need to make sure you meet eligibility requirements
View your application status

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys,

Today is 12 months for us. PARIS visa office just told be that we are within normal processing time. They refered me to a website that does not mention background check as part of the 12 months processing.

Has it happened to anyone ?

I will be following up with my MP.
12 months is a target, not a promise. If there was anything extenuating about your app the target won't apply. Give that you're at 12 months it's not unreasonable to contact your MP as well as order your GCMS notes.

From IRCC

We are committed to processing most complete applications within this time.

Processing times will vary based on:

• the type of application submitted
  • if the application is complete
  • how quickly we expect to process applications we’ve already received
  • how easily we can verify your information
  • how long you take to respond to any requests or concerns
  • other factors

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
12 months is a target, not a promise. If there was anything extenuating about your app the target won't apply. Give that you're at 12 months it's not unreasonable to contact your MP as well as order your GCMS notes.

From IRCC

We are committed to processing most complete applications within this time.

Processing times will vary based on:

• the type of application submitted
  • if the application is complete
  • how quickly we expect to process applications we’ve already received
  • how easily we can verify your information
  • how long you take to respond to any requests or concerns
  • other factors
What I find odd is that they tell me that my file is normal, there's no problem and no foreseeable interview. The most recent GMCS notes said basically everything is ok. We passed eligibility on October 12 !

I always respond within 1 or 2 days to thei inquiries.

I just wish they could tell me something.

I have already spoken with my MP and we agreed on a follow up on Monday.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
What I find odd is that they tell me that my file is normal, there's no problem and no foreseeable interview. The most recent GMCS notes said basically everything is ok. We passed eligibility on October 12 !

I always respond within 1 or 2 days to thei inquiries.

I just wish they could tell me something.

I have already spoken with my MP and we agreed on a follow up on Monday.
Unfortunately sometimes it goes past 12 months just for workload balance reasons. All comes back to that processing time being a target, not a promise.

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
Unfortunately sometimes it goes past 12 months just for workload balance reasons. All comes back to that processing time being a target, not a promise.
It’s basically inhumane

So I guess i’ll just wait until the end of time to see if they get time to work on my file. Yes, that’s sarcasm and I am particularly angry today because it seems there is no foreseeable end to this. It takes a toll on a marriage, sometimes I just feel like giving up and going back to France to be reunited with my husband without any kind of wait.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
It’s basically inhumane

So I guess i’ll just wait until the end of time to see if they get time to work on my file. Yes, that’s sarcasm and I am particularly angry today because it seems there is no foreseeable end to this. It takes a toll on a marriage, sometimes I just feel like giving up and going back to France to be reunited with my husband without any kind of wait.
It's not "inhumane", that's a little dramatic. Immigrating is a privilege, not a right.

I understand the frustration, ours took almost as long for a straightforward outland Irish app. I get it. If you have a useful MP they should be able to push things along, ours did.

andrei0917

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Checked eCas and DM on both sides. However, online account remains the same:
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

What to expect next?

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
It's not "inhumane", that's a little dramatic. Immigrating is a privilege, not a right.

I understand the frustration, ours took almost as long for a straightforward outland Irish app. I get it. If you have a useful MP they should be able to push things along, ours did.
It’s a basic human right that the state does not interfere with family life. Although it’s legally recognized that states can infringe on our rights when other considerations are at stake (security, society, ...)

I just don’t understand how they give open work permits to spouses of students or temporary workers but it gets much more difficult for PR and citizens. I wish it could be more like France where you get a temporary visa at first and after a year you get some sort of PR.

My MP seems eager to help, thankfully.

I am emotional because it has a significant impact in all aspects of our lives but I guess that if you had a long processing yourself, you know how it is.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
It’s a basic human right that the state does not interfere with family life. Although it’s legally recognized that states can infringe on our rights when other considerations are at stake (security, society, ...)

I just don’t understand how they give open work permits to spouses of students or temporary workers but it gets much more difficult for PR and citizens. I wish it could be more like France where you get a temporary visa at first and after a year you get some sort of PR.

My MP seems eager to help, thankfully.

I am emotional because it has a significant impact in all aspects of our lives but I guess that if you had a long processing yourself, you know how it is.
Sorry - it's not at all a basic human right. You choosing to apply for PR in Canada and you feeling that that interferes with your family life was a decision you made. On top of that - it's your VO that is slow. That's not Canadian IRCCs fault.

I'm also confused by your second comment - the inland stream allows for applicant and sponsor to live together in Canada and allows the sponsor to very easily apply for an open work permit.

I wish you the best and I truly hope this is the last leg of the journey for you. Good luck!

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
Sorry - it's not at all a basic human right. You choosing to apply for PR in Canada and you feeling that that interferes with your family life was a decision you made. On top of that - it's your VO that is slow. That's not Canadian IRCCs fault.

I'm also confused by your second comment - the inland stream allows for applicant and sponsor to live together in Canada and allows the sponsor to very easily apply for an open work permit.

I wish you the best and I truly hope this is the last leg of the journey for you. Good luck!
Inland is not possible, my husband is residing legally in France but cannot travel to Canada without a visa. We applied for TRV and it was denied.

So we’ll wait...

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I agree with Kcward7 that " Immigrating is a privilege, not a right " . We all have to follow the process
as unfair as it may seem. There is no transparency and it's not linear.
I'm not sure what human rights have to do with this but understand very clearly
what it is like not having your loved ones by your side. A previous post is true " it has a significant
impact in all aspects of our lives ". In my opinion Family Reunification should be their top priority!
Unfortunately the process is set up to assume everyone's a scammer and it takes time to prove yourself worthy.
We made our choice and 12 months is our hope......It's a test of time.

Good luck with your MP

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Tbh Canada has quite a lenient immigration system when it comes to family reunification, and also one that is quite fast and streamlined these days. Not to mention simplified to the point where most people can do it on their own without the help of any professionals or anything like that.

Speaking as someone who recently landed, it's absolutely a privilege to be able to immigrate here and let's not kid ourselves and say that being able to live in Canada of all places isn't really great in itself. Most of us (barring issues of being prosecuted or discriminated against in certain countries) could have decided to live somewhere else, whether in our home countries or third countries that had an easier immigration policy or something like that. Inconvenient in a lot of cases due to language barriers, money issues, all sorts of technicalities like that? Yes. Impossible? No.

I don't know. I have to say it does bother me when people a) act as if they didn't know what they were getting themselves into when applying (which, if true, is on them and their lack of research) and b) act as if Canada owes them residency just because they married someone from Canada.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Tbh Canada has quite a lenient immigration system when it comes to family reunification, and also one that is quite fast and streamlined these days. Not to mention simplified to the point where most people can do it on their own without the help of any professionals or anything like that.

Speaking as someone who recently landed, it's absolutely a privilege to be able to immigrate here and let's not kid ourselves and say that being able to live in Canada of all places isn't really great in itself. Most of us (barring issues of being prosecuted or discriminated against in certain countries) could have decided to live somewhere else, whether in our home countries or third countries that had an easier immigration policy or something like that. Inconvenient in a lot of cases due to language barriers, money issues, all sorts of technicalities like that? Yes. Impossible? No.

I don't know. I have to say it does bother me when people a) act as if they didn't know what they were getting themselves into when applying (which, if true, is on them and their lack of research) and b) act as if Canada owes them residency just because they married someone from Canada.
100% agree with your points, it really comes off as a sense of entitlement (even if it's not meant to).

Reactions: Mani23 and np08

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

Really good point and I hope you are contributing to the ' Greatness ' after recently landing.
I have traveled to many places and well....Fresh air, clean water, ( beautiful wife ) and Hockey keeps me grounded. :D
Don't let a) and b) bother you too much.....Out of your control. Talk to your MP and learn to play hockey.
Much healthier!