+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Skipper48

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Is there any Canadians sponsoring spouse who lives in Philippines? Who can share recent Manila VO timeline

Our timeline:

AOR-Dec 7-2018

Medical request & 1 Additional doc(which was not mentioned in the kit/check list)Jan 16-2019.

Jan-22-2019 Medical received is our last update.

I have read some went from AOR to PPR in 3 months.

Thanks.

Last edited:

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Hello,

I'm filling the form IMM5532- Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation.

On the last section, there is the question 11, which say Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?

What kind of explanation should I include, I mean my husband wrote a letter about this point, but I don't know if we have to write it in the form.

Thanks in advance
I just put a brief summary that echoed what was in our supporting letters and some information about future visiting plans whilst we're within the process.

Hi all,
I submitted my wife's application in Jan 7, 2019. Have not heard back anything yet.
Anyway, I was just going through the forms again and discovered a huge typo I made. In the IMM0008 Form, I put her country of birth as Canada which is not. But the City of Birth is correct.
Now, will the application be returned? Anyone's guess/experience?
Thanks so much.
I did a little digging and can see that someone still received AOR after making a small mistake such as this:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/place-of-birth-mistake-in-imm0008.575275/

You could always send an amended IMM0008 form via the webform:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Where it says application number, use your Reciept number from your payment - it starts with a character and nine digits.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerry777 and smomen

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
I applied on Dec 17 and people who applied in mid December are getting AOR starting yesterday and today. So I believe you will have to wait 2-3 weeks more to get AOR. Thanks
Thanks so much for your update. It is a wait game for sure, keep us posted about your timeline.

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
I just put a brief summary that echoed what was in our supporting letters and some information about future visiting plans whilst we're within the process.

I did a little digging and can see that someone still received AOR after making a small mistake such as this:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/place-of-birth-mistake-in-imm0008.575275/

You could always send an amended IMM0008 form via the webform:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Where it says application number, use your Reciept number from your payment - it starts with a character and nine digits.
Thanks so much for your time and research. Will send a WebForm to them. Unfortunately IMM0008 is the main application form as you know that requires my wife's signature. I will ask in the WebForm if they require a new one and how to submit that. Hopefully it all work out well.
Thanks again.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Thanks so much for your time and research. Will send a WebForm to them. Unfortunately IMM0008 is the main application form as you know that requires my wife's signature. I will ask in the WebForm if they require a new one and how to submit that. Hopefully it all work out well.
Thanks again.
My partner was in Canada when we were completing our application. I completed the forms and scanned the pages I needed her signature on to her and she sent them back completed with black pen. They’ve all passed fine so this may be an option for you when completing the web form. Good luck.

Reactions: smomen

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Btw everyone, I just called today at the call center and according to the agent they started processing application which were received Oct 09, 2018. Mine was received on the second week of Jan so told me to wait couple more months.

Boolbool

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Btw everyone, I just called today at the call center and according to the agent they started processing application which were received Oct 09, 2018. Mine was received on the second week of Jan so told me to wait couple more months.
How come since Some of December applicants started receing AOR?

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
How come since Some of December applicants started receing AOR?
No idea, this happened to me during my PR card too. Like people were receiving them earlier than what agents were saying. Either it can be a conservative estimate or something else.

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
My partner was in Canada when we were completing our application. I completed the forms and scanned the pages I needed her signature on to her and she sent them back completed with black pen. They’ve all passed fine so this may be an option for you when completing the web form. Good luck.
Thanks so much, I talked to them today. They said, once the AOR 1 is issued, I should submit the WebForm request by explaining what error I made. This will be enough as it is pretty common to make typo (per the agent).
Let's see! Thanks so much again.

Reactions: JoshC

Boolbool

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Thanks so much, I talked to them today. They said, once the AOR 1 is issued, I should submit the WebForm request by explaining what error I made. This will be enough as it is pretty common to make typo (per the agent).
Let's see! Thanks so much again.
I think they just try to keep a margin of safety.. but that was over estimate hahahaa

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hi everybody!

I'm going to apply for inland spousal sponsorship. But I'm concerned about one issue. When my spouse applied for visitor visa, he claimed that he is going to stay in Canada for 3 weeks (during his vacation) and then leave Canada and continue to work in his home country (without this claim he wouldn't be issued a visitor visa). But when he gets in Canada, he doesn't leave in 3 weeks and we apply for inland spousal sponsorship. Of course, he is in legal status in Canada, because it is allowed to stay for 180 days, but this is not what he claimed initially. Can this cause any problems?

andrei0917

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Hello! When I was filing out my inland application, I paid the two fees I think both were $1045 something and as soon as I got the receipts for both payments, I printed them off immediately and filed it together with my application. Which means I don’t have the copy anymore for the receipts and couldn’t retrieve it on my email. Is it going to be a problem when they ask for it on my landing interview since I already have my eligibility passed.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Hello! When I was filing out my inland application, I paid the two fees I think both were $1045 something and as soon as I got the receipts for both payments, I printed them off immediately and filed it together with my application. Which means I don’t have the copy anymore for the receipts and couldn’t retrieve it on my email. Is it going to be a problem when they ask for it on my landing interview since I already have my eligibility passed.
You can retrieve your receipt via the following link:

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do?&app=epay&page=viewallreceipts&lang=en

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
Hi guys,

Today is 12 months for us. PARIS visa office just told be that we are within normal processing time. They refered me to a website that does not mention background check as part of the 12 months processing.

Has it happened to anyone ?

I will be following up with my MP.