Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi All

I have a question, I sent my spousal sponsership application in June 2018, and then was notified that my processes was started in August 2018. Now it shows for application status that it has been "Application recived". And on the other side on Principle Applicant it now shows we have started your application process.

Now my question is, what does it mean and how long would that take? Does that mean I have to wait for one more year?

Thanks
No, your app started processing last year and is progressing normally so far. No need to worry about the wording of the updates online or anything like that.

Gurleen1009

Jan 17, 2019
Hello,
I recently got married and my spouse came to canada with me. I am going to file sponsorship application but it might takes time. Before sponsorhip application, Can I submit work permit IMM 5710 application with the help of my marriage certificate? I am PR holder and my wife is on visitor visa.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello,
I recently got married and my spouse came to canada with me. I am going to file sponsorship application but it might takes time. Before sponsorhip application, Can I submit work permit IMM 5710 application with the help of my marriage certificate? I am PR holder and my wife is on visitor visa.
You cannot submit the OWP application without submitting the inland spousal app at the same time if that's what you are asking. They have to be sent either together, or the OWP has to be sent after the spousal portion.

Gurleen1009

Jan 17, 2019
You cannot submit the OWP application without submitting the inland spousal app at the same time if that's what you are asking. They have to be sent either together, or the OWP has to be sent after the spousal portion.
Thank you so much for your response. Really helpful

canadatech

Jan 16, 2018
Hello ,
I have some questions in regards to Spouse Sponsorship
1. I am a PR in Canada and my spouse from India recently came on a visitor visa and we wish to apply for here PR through spouse sponsorship.
What is the difference between Outland and Inland application?
Do I need to apply Inland application as my spouse is in Canada?

Also in the document checklist , they have asked for a government issued ID with the same address for my spouse and I .
I live in Alberta and Alberta Registry does not issue the drivers license on visitor visa
I can't think of any other government based ID for my spouse?
Also is it a good idea to submit the OPEN Work Permit application along with it

Thank you!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello ,
I have some questions in regards to Spouse Sponsorship
1. I am a PR in Canada and my spouse from India recently came on a visitor visa and we wish to apply for here PR through spouse sponsorship.
What is the difference between Outland and Inland application?
Do I need to apply Inland application as my spouse is in Canada?

Also in the document checklist , they have asked for a government issued ID with the same address for my spouse and I .
I live in Alberta and Alberta Registry does not issue the drivers license on visitor visa
I can't think of any other government based ID for my spouse?
Also is it a good idea to submit the OPEN Work Permit application along with it

Thank you!
Inland: both applicant and sponsor must be inside Canada at the time of submission. You can apply for the OWP alongside the inland application. Travel outside of Canada is not recommended on an inland application - if you are denied re-entry by CBSA, you application will be abandoned. That said, many applicants have taken short trips with no issues (pending you meet admissibility requirements you should be granted re-entry, but never guaranteed). There is no appeal option on the inland application. Inland applications are processed consistently at the 11 to 12 month mark.

Outland: applicant and sponsor can be living inside Canada, living apart internationally, living together internationally. Travel is fine. If you're inside Canada you must maintain valid status throughout processing (like having a valid visitor visa). The exception - a sponsor who is a PR and not a citizen must remain inside Canada during the processing of the application. There is no OWP option. There is an appeal option if denied. Outland processing generally tends to be faster than inland, but not always, and falls under the same 12 month processing target.

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello, Hope everyone is doing well.
My husband, who lives in Canada, made the spousal sponsorship to me on the end of May, 2018. On July, 19th, they started with my documents. On 26 of July I received an email of acknowledgment, my file was to the embassy of Rome ( I am from Albania ). I am still waiting for my answer... Is it going to long?

Reactions: Alda

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi all,
I submitted my application of my wife (Outland) to Sydney NS and it was received on Jan 10, 2019. I check the status in ECAS everyday with my UCI as well as the Receipt #. So far, no update. How long usually it takes to see an update in ECAS after submitting the application.
Anyone would like to share opinion?
Thanks so much!

Boolbool

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Please help..

I sent my application complete one month ago complete.

But i made 2 mistakes:

1. I got an expendable folder and mailed my application inside, then after mailing my application.. i found in the general guide on the website: ”Dont staple, dont send plastic papers, dont send binders, etc..

2. I found also on the general guide written to take out the barcode pages and place them underneath the checklist.. i didnt do that. I kept the bar cod pages with their applications.

Do you think my application would be returned because of that :( :( :( :( :(
I am turning crazy and so nervous. And i dont find similar posts and so stressing for me.
If you could share ur experience/ advice.

Mndo1020

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Please an urgent question

citizen Canadian with no work but study at university . can he/she be sponsored ? during process with no job will be affected on the result
please someone who knows answer :( :(

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

citizen Canadian with no work but study at university . can he/she be sponsored ? during process with no job will be affected on the result
If they are Canadian citizens why would they need to be sponsored?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

Are you asking if this Canadian can be the sponsor? Because it makes no sense for them to be sponsored - they're already Canadian.

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
Hello everyone, question to person who send in there application,I know the order to set the application what I know is do I put paper clip on each farm to separate or just put it in the envelope with without the paper clips

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hello everyone, question to person who send in there application,I know the order to set the application what I know is do I put paper clip on each farm to separate or just put it in the envelope with without the paper clips
It's your choice, but it's definitely neater to paperclip each form.