+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ranjitmech1987

Feb 14, 2019
My wife's file processing staryed in Oct 8th 2018, still haven't heard anything. My other friends got their PPR within 2 months after processing started.

Is anyone else still on the same boat?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
My wife's file processing staryed in Oct 8th 2018, still haven't heard anything. My other friends got their PPR within 2 months after processing started.

Rest assured there are many different boats floating around here!
I think your friends that received PPR within 2 months must have " really good " friends at the IRCC office.o_O
Your wife's processing started is a good thing. You can try calling.
Have patients. Waiting is the hardest part. Expect 12 months for the process.
You might get lucky.

cecexpressentry

Dec 6, 2017
Hello All,

I have just realized that the Spouse sponsorship checklist was updated on 2018-12 (You can see on the bottom of the checklist) but on the webpage, it still shows last updated 2018-06. The only difference is that on the page1, question 3 the new checklist talks about Biometric but all the forms are the same.

There is nothing wrong with my forms except the checklist, Having an old checklist would make any difference?

I really appreciate your views.

Thank you.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

Are you talking about AOR? Because PPR (passport request at the end of the whole process) within two months from sending the application is impossible.

ranjitmech1987

Feb 14, 2019
Are you talking about AOR? Because PPR (passport request at the end of the whole process) within two months from sending the application is impossible.
I meant Line 2. that says the PR process has started on October 8th date. So my friend got it after 2 months of that date. I guess it is AOR2

tbt7788

Jan 21, 2019
Hey guys,

I am filling the form, specifically the IMM5669- Schedule A- Background, and I have a question. I hope somebody can help.

In the section of personal history. I have this situation:

example: Chris was working in Italy from Feb 2009 to Dec 2011. Chris is an Italian citizen. During that time he went three times on vacation outside of the country. The first trip was to Mexico on Dec 2009 for one week. He returned and continued working.

This is my question: in the activity type, which category to choose: unemployed, employed or other???

Thanks in advance

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys,

I am filling the form, specifically the IMM5669- Schedule A- Background, and I have a question. I hope somebody can help.

In the section of personal history. I have this situation:

example: Chris was working in Italy from Feb 2009 to Dec 2011. Chris is an Italian citizen. During that time he went three times on vacation outside of the country. The first trip was to Mexico on Dec 2009 for one week. He returned and continued working.

This is my question: in the activity type, which category to choose: unemployed, employed or other???

Thanks in advance
If it is a paid vacation, then it should be regarded as employed. And since it is only one week, even if he is unemployed during this one week, it really does not matter.

Reactions: tbt7788

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
I have a similar question, if someone knowledgable can answer, please do.

For my schedule A, I wrote all the major time periods of my life since I was 18 (since I am only 21, it was the closest option) for my personal history.

I didn't include 2 vacations I took during that time, as it wouldnt fit on the paper. One was to Canada to see my now husband while we were dating (25 days) and another was in Japan for 10 days. Would not including these greatly and adversely effect my application, and in that case is there a way to resend my schedule A to immigration with corrections for these?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I have a similar question, if someone knowledgable can answer, please do.

For my schedule A, I wrote all the major time periods of my life since I was 18 (since I am only 21, it was the closest option) for my personal history.

I didn't include 2 vacations I took during that time, as it wouldnt fit on the paper. One was to Canada to see my now husband while we were dating (25 days) and another was in Japan for 10 days. Would not including these greatly and adversely effect my application, and in that case is there a way to resend my schedule A to immigration with corrections for these?
What do you mean, it wouldn't fit on the paper? You can add fields in the form if you need more.

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Oh, did it? I checked before when I was first filling it out and I couldnt find anything that indicated how to add cells to the paper.

Nonetheless, I've read in other cases that they will request me to send the schedule A via email if they deem it incomplete (im sure they will). Hopefully this does not affect me getting my AOR at the scheduled time.

Could you tell me how to add cells? is there a button or a certain method? Thank you !

tbt7788

Jan 21, 2019
Hello,

I'm filling the form IMM5532- Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation.

On the last section, there is the question 11, which say Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?

What kind of explanation should I include, I mean my husband wrote a letter about this point, but I don't know if we have to write it in the form.

Thanks in advance

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi all,
I submitted my wife's application in Jan 7, 2019. Have not heard back anything yet.
Anyway, I was just going through the forms again and discovered a huge typo I made. In the IMM0008 Form, I put her country of birth as Canada which is not. But the City of Birth is correct.
Now, will the application be returned? Anyone's guess/experience?
Thanks so much.

Anika91

Sep 1, 2017
Hi..I had finished my medical on November last week still it's not updated in my profile.how long is it gonna take?

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi all,
I submitted my wife's application in Jan 7, 2019. Have not heard back anything yet.
Anyway, I was just going through the forms again and discovered a huge typo I made. In the IMM0008 Form, I put her country of birth as Canada which is not. But the City of Birth is correct.
Now, will the application be returned? Anyone's guess/experience?
Thanks so much.
I applied on Dec 17 and people who applied in mid December are getting AOR starting yesterday and today. So I believe you will have to wait 2-3 weeks more to get AOR. Thanks

Reactions: smomen