+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Yes, but they specifically ask for other communication between you guys, social media etc.. Pictures alone aren't enough, look at the document checklist.
You can pick few pics from the wedding, specifically those with family members included in the application like mum, dad, father inlaw, siblings for the principal applicant etc.
And then other recent photos from trips, daily life, random photos of just you guys being happy loll

yeas i know that pics only are not enough :) sure i am sending 10 pages of different chat logs since 2009 till now also a lot of communications also we have a lot of prrof bank accounts together ticket together also.

but i want to tell you that CIC consider photos as primary proof

Reactions: donchik

lalitsharma

Dec 21, 2017
I am about to receive my PR Card in month or 2. I am also getting married next year.
I read this post and not comfortable about applying for Spouse PR first(12-18 months are too much to sit idle at home).
Is it better to apply for Open work permit first then PR?
If yes, how much time usually it takes?

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
Hello Guys,

I recently did my soft landing in November. Now I back in India and getting married in the last week of December. I am planning to go back in February 2018. I plan to apply for spousal sponsorship immediately after going there. Below are my questions:
1) My spouse doesn't have a passport and she will be getting one after marriage. She will be having my name in the passport. Is it necessary for me to update my passport with her name? I have my Canada stamping in that.
2) Can she come to Canada on visitors visa while the spousal sponsorship program is going on in the background?
3) This question is related to my first question - is Marriage Certificate enough to prove the marriage or both passports should have each other's name or having the name on anyone passport would do?
4) What extra proofs would help my application? Has that to be given along with the cover letter?

alaaalmasri

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut, Lebanon
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2017
Doc's Request.
02-Feb-2017
AOR Received.
25-Jan-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
02-Dec-2016 - Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
28-Dec-2017; PP sent: 02-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
guys i need to ask, my medical expired and it changed on myCIC from medical exam passed to we do not need a medical exam and we will tell u when we need it(as if i didnt do a medical exam); and today i checked myCIC and it shows that my medical exam passed again, so is that a renwal for my medical exam ? im in security check since 21 june 2017; can anyone help me pls

caballo_rider

Sep 15, 2015
I have a question about police certificate requirements for Canada.

I've lived primarily in Canada since I was 16 (2008) and never spent more than 6 months straight in my home country (I visited maybe 2 months max in a year). I received my AoR which is requesting my Schedule A and Police Certificate "for the country where you currently live". I've searched around here in this forum and on CIC website and I need some clarification:

1) Just to confirm, my husband (the sponsor) do not have to submit any document like Schedule A or background check, is that correct?

2) I'm requesting my police certificate in the city I live in (Calgary) but that may take a while for the sealed letter to arrive. Am I actually required to submit the Canadian police certificate with my schedule A submission?

3) Say, if the police certificate take like 2 months to arrive (which is what happened to me last time I requested one), this will surpass the deadline for my submission. Do I have to submit a blank letter explaining that I'm waiting for my police certificate and that I will submit it once it's in my possession?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hello Guys,

I recently did my soft landing in November. Now I back in India and getting married in the last week of December. I am planning to go back in February 2018. I plan to apply for spousal sponsorship immediately after going there. Below are my questions: - You can't, You have to be present in Canada to apply it.
1) My spouse doesn't have a passport and she will be getting one after marriage. She will be having my name in the passport. Is it necessary for me to update my passport with her name? I have my Canada stamping in that. - No need, up to you
2) Can she come to Canada on visitors visa while the spousal sponsorship program is going on in the background? - She can apply visitor visa first and then apply for PR in Canada
3) This question is related to my first question - is Marriage Certificate enough to prove the marriage or both passports should have each other's name or having the name on anyone passport would do? - Marriage Certificate, any LIC/Insurance, Joint bank account, Marriage Invitation Card, Marriage Photos etc.
4) What extra proofs would help my application? Has that to be given along with the cover letter?
-Provide with application like Marriage Certificate, any LIC/Insurance, Joint bank account, Marriage Invitation Card, Marriage Photos etc.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I have a question about police certificate requirements for Canada.

I've lived primarily in Canada since I was 16 (2008) and never spent more than 6 months straight in my home country (I visited maybe 2 months max in a year). I received my AoR which is requesting my Schedule A and Police Certificate "for the country where you currently live". I've searched around here in this forum and on CIC website and I need some clarification:

1) Just to confirm, my husband (the sponsor) do not have to submit any document like Schedule A or background check, is that correct? - Correct, he is already PR/Citizen, only Applicant have to submit

2) I'm requesting my police certificate in the city I live in (Calgary) but that may take a while for the sealed letter to arrive. Am I actually required to submit the Canadian police certificate with my schedule A submission? - You don't need to apply Canadian Police Certificate, CIC will get it directly from them, you have to provide only other Country PCC

3) Say, if the police certificate take like 2 months to arrive (which is what happened to me last time I requested one), this will surpass the deadline for my submission. Do I have to submit a blank letter explaining that I'm waiting for my police certificate and that I will submit it once it's in my possession? - They directly send it to CIC, in case you applied for PCC

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Reactions: caballo_rider

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
guys i need to ask, my medical expired and it changed on myCIC from medical exam passed to we do not need a medical exam and we will tell u when we need it(as if i didnt do a medical exam); and today i checked myCIC and it shows that my medical exam passed again, so is that a renwal for my medical exam ? im in security check since 21 june 2017; can anyone help me pls
No need to worry, if they need new one, they will send you message in your CIC account.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I am about to receive my PR Card in month or 2. I am also getting married next year.
I read this post and not comfortable about applying for Spouse PR first(12-18 months are too much to sit idle at home).
Is it better to apply for Open work permit first then PR?
If yes, how much time usually it takes?

Current Process is apply PR(12 months) and OWP(3-4 months) together, you can't apply OWP without any proper documents.
Please read CIC documents on CIC website.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Do we have to inform changes in address/phone number/jobs of the sponsor? Looking specifically for address change as I have recently moved.
100% otherwise you will lost important documents, if they send you at old address. Not compulsory but Decision is your.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi Leon, great post. I have few question regarding PR and outland application. We both are currently residing outside Canada. My wife is sponsoring me. We are applying under the Family Spousal Sponsorship. My questions are below:

1. Once the application for PR has been approved, is there a time limit to enter in the country? if yes, how long? - CIC will provide you landing dates
2. Does PR has an expiry date? - YES
3. Do we both will have to live in Canada after the PR is approved? or Can I (applicant) come and live myself and my wife can join me later on?- Both have to come on Landing dates together, after that she can go back

I look forward for you help.
Thank you

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Guys please help me, I just received some letter from Warsaw visa office which states "This confirms that your application has been received by CIC on August 25" Actually this is the date they received it in Missisaga. Other than that there is only info about what is CIC, average processing time. Is it the AOR2 ? It looks exactly like AOR1 I had. The only difference it came from Warsaw.
AOR2

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi everyone,
I’m new to this forum and just started filling out my application. My question is about the addresses you’ve lived for the past 10 years. I have traveled a lot and therefore have been “addressless” for certain periods in the last ten years. How do I write this down in my application?

Jasper
You don't have to write visiting place address, only your permanent address where you live more than 1 month.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi
My wife who is a PR has sponsored me for Spousal PR. Hence, I applied and they received my application on 2nd April 2017. I am on a study permit living in Canada since May 2015. My application says: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." It says that I have passed my medicals and do not need to give an interview and neither have to go for my biometrics.

I am concerned, as my application has shown no further changes ever since. I have'nt received any messages either. The website says that it usually takes 12 months. I just wish to know if I need to patiently wait or if there is anything that I need to do.
Please wait and watch, mostly applicant have same status :)

Reactions: Catzzz

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Pls guys I need advice on this, since I sent my application till now CIC changed the last letter on my last name, Its should be "M" not "N" and they have been sending me correspondence using the wrong letter. Its a fault from them when they inputed my name in the system, I have concluded medicals and waiting for PPR its still the same. I have asked the Imigration Lawyer I consulted several times, he told me that I should Ignore that for now, but I have not been comfortable when i remember the whole thing. Pls should I listen to him or should I send a notice to VO telling them to correct it, also if i will notify them, is it better to do it in writing and Attach it to the package when ever i will be sending my passport. Or can it be corrected at landing if my COPR comes out with same mistake. What do you guys advise pls.

Please call on customer service and ask them to fixed it or you can directly report mistake through your CIC account and upload the documents also.