+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi guys,

im hoping that somebody can put my mind at ease. I applied for my husband (outland)on October 31, 2017 it was received at the case processing centre in Mississauga, ONTARIO . I have yet to receive anything , no email, no approval of sponsor, which is normal because i am in another group where in some cases it has taken 2 months. However, I did not submit my NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT (with explanation), because i was waiting for it to come surely enough my notice of assessment finally came and now I am unable to send it in as I don't have an application number/ my file probably hasn't been opened.

Did anybody submit close to before or after this date? Have you heard anything back? pretty anxious to submit this notice of assessment.

Thanks in advance!!
They returned my file because I didnt have the Notice of assessment. I had to print it and resubmit. Chances are they have not started processing your file if the application isnt complete.

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hey All,

i am now in process of preparing my document to sponsor my outland spouse to QUEBEC.

i have questions, The CIC mentioned in the Checklist that for chat conversations and emails and text messages need to send 10 pages and for the photos only 20 photos!!

can i send more than 10 pages for the conversation anyone did it and it works or is there any risk??? for the photos also can i send more than 20 photos??

Thanks
I sent my entire wedding album lo, there were no issues with that. Include as much as possible as per chats, phone call history, facebook messages etc.

Reactions: yaacoub89

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hello,

My husband just lost his password and he contacted the Korean embassy to get a new one. He is in his last stage of PR application. Will this affect his application since it will be a new PASSPORT.???

Queenrock10

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Philippines
My spouse file has been transferred to London about 4 months ago for a background check. since then I heard nothing from them nor from CIC neither from London Visa. Could someone tell me how long it will take? I am not understanding what is taking them so long when more than half process has already been done by CIC.

Any suggestion please :(
Mine is in london vo too and they have it since july 27 2017 and same as you no news or anything just completely silent!

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
I sent my entire wedding album lo, there were no issues with that. Include as much as possible as per chats, phone call history, facebook messages etc.

thanks it is really hard to choose since 2009 we are together, a lot of memories chats photos some of them lost as we changed phones thanks to facebook messenger keepin the history.
the most important proof are the pictures :) :)

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hello,

My husband just lost his password and he contacted the Korean embassy to get a new one. He is in his last stage of PR application. Will this affect his application since it will be a new PASSPORT.???
Just make sure you submit a copy of the new passport via the web form as soon as you receive it and it will be fine.

Singhdeep

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hi Leon, great post. I have few question regarding PR and outland application. We both are currently residing outside Canada. My wife is sponsoring me. We are applying under the Family Spousal Sponsorship. My questions are below:

1. Once the application for PR has been approved, is there a time limit to enter in the country? if yes, how long?
2. Does PR has an expiry date?
3. Do we both will have to live in Canada after the PR is approved? or Can I (applicant) come and live myself and my wife can join me later on?

I look forward for you help.
Thank you

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi Leon, great post. I have few question regarding PR and outland application. We both are currently residing outside Canada. My wife is sponsoring me. We are applying under the Family Spousal Sponsorship. My questions are below:

1. Once the application for PR has been approved, is there a time limit to enter in the country? if yes, how long?
2. Does PR has an expiry date?
3. Do we both will have to live in Canada after the PR is approved? or Can I (applicant) come and live myself and my wife can join me later on?

I look forward for you help.
Thank you
Your wife should be a Canadian citizen and show proofs that she is going to return to Canada in the nearest time.
If your wife is a PR in Canada, she cannot sponsor you living in a different country, only in Canada.
After PR has been approved, you need to enter Canada till your medical test expires (it is valid 1 year from the date it was taken).

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
thanks it is really hard to choose since 2009 we are together, a lot of memories chats photos some of them lost as we changed phones thanks to facebook messenger keepin the history.
the most important proof are the pictures :) :)
Yes, but they specifically ask for other communication between you guys, social media etc.. Pictures alone aren't enough, look at the document checklist.
You can pick few pics from the wedding, specifically those with family members included in the application like mum, dad, father inlaw, siblings for the principal applicant etc.
And then other recent photos from trips, daily life, random photos of just you guys being happy loll

Last edited:
Reactions: yaacoub89

1mran5haik

Apr 3, 2015
Do we have to inform changes in address/phone number/jobs of the sponsor? Looking specifically for address change as I have recently moved.

1mran5haik

Apr 3, 2015
Yes. You have to update the IRCC
The problem with this is IRCC has a family name and given name as mandatory field whereas my wife doesn't have a family name. In the original application, the only family name was mandatory and they mentioned to use given name as a family name, which is not the same in this case.