+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Rossanne

Dec 12, 2017
Hi!! I have a question I receive a pre arrival service letter from cic but I applied for inland. Is that a bad or good sign?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hey Everyone,

I received my passport request the other day. I'm an American, so this basically just meant I had to mail a photocopy of my passport and amendments to Ottawa.

I have no idea how long to expect to wait before I receive my PR.

Meanwhile, I tried to sign up for French courses, since I've already received my CSQ from Quebec.

I have everything I need, except a "Letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Authorization to submit in Canada an Application for permanent residence.

What the heck is that letter? Is it difficult to request it? Does it take a long time to get one? Would I be better off just waiting for my PR to arrive?

Thank you!
I’m not sure what that letter is, but you can expect to receive your passport and COPR back from Ottawa about 2-3 weeks after they receive it, so you’re only that far away from PR. probably just easier to wait

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
hi,

I've visited the US in 2008 with visitor visa and stayed for 6 months in there, do i need to submit police certificate clearance too?

thanks!
Only if they specifically request it

Reactions: christina88

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Only if they specifically request it
I have a similar situation as in 2009 I spent almost 6 months in Greece, but I didn't provide the police certificate from Greece.
If they specifically request it, then I'll send it. Meanwhile I've decided to get it, but it's not that easy and time-consuming.

Madan786

Dec 12, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am new here I really need your help as I am very confused
I have sponsored my husband and it's being more then 14 months now. I am a Canadian citizen. So My husband had an interview last month on November 14th, 2017 in Islamabad Pakistan. The officer told him that he doesn't have any issues at this time everything is good they will do his background check and will contact him back in 2 to 3 weeks but now this is 5th week and we haven't hear anything yet :(
So now I contacted CIC immigration and inquire about his process they told me his eligiblity has been approved, criminal check is clear and now they are doing security check. They also told me that he will be called for an another interview in next few days. If anyone here can assist me what's going on with our file I will be very thankful as we are very upset with this situation.
What kind of interview it will be? And how long it will take for security check?

evap

Jun 12, 2017
Hi, did you received the CSQ? They received mine last Nov 14, got AOR by mail dated Nov 17, then got my CSQ by mail dated Nov 30.
I haven't! :( should I call them?. For me it's taking too long. And I haven't received any AOR from them. I only know they got the package and they charged my credit card

joanesjayarvesu

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
File Transfer...
09-03-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-11-2017
My case is Im already in WPG,MB as a permanent resident. I arrived last November 2017.
And I will get married in January 2019 in the Philippines. My Fiance is still in the Philippines.
I would like to bring him with me in Canada after the wedding "right away".
Our relationship is now at its 6th year and not living together in the Philippines (when i was in Phils).

What are my best options to get him a PR under me as the principal?

Im thinking that I should get him a Tourist Visa first, then when he's here I will apply the Spousal Visa (i dont know how it should be called XD) but how long will it take?
*the negative part is that he cant work while he's here as tourist :c

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this :)

- Joan

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Guys please help me, I just received some letter from Warsaw visa office which states "This confirms that your application has been received by CIC on August 25" Actually this is the date they received it in Missisaga. Other than that there is only info about what is CIC, average processing time. Is it the AOR2 ? It looks exactly like AOR1 I had. The only difference it came from Warsaw.

Romeoelvira27

Jun 23, 2017
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
19-05-2017
Doc's Request.
22-06-2017
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
22-06- 2017
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07- 2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
21-01- 2017
Interview........
n/a
Dear All,
I am happy to share with you the update on my app. I give back all the Glory and Honor to God.

CANADA VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE AND TRACKING

NOVEMBER 27, 2016 - POLICE CLEARANCE Check DONE in UAE

JANUARY 21, 2017- MEDICAL DONE

MAY 19, 2017 – APPLICATION SENT to CIC
MAY 23, 2017- APPLICATION RECEIVED
JUNE 22, 2017- AOR1 RECEIVED

JUNE 22, 2017 – CREATED ONLINE ACCOUNT GCKEY AND LINK MY APPLICATION
JUNE 22 2017- REQUEST DOCS: SCHEDULE A

JUNE 23, 2017 – SCHEDULE A Uploaded in IRCC Web form
JULY 9, 2017- SCHEDULE A SENT via express mail
JUNE 30, 2017- SPONSOR APPROVED

JULY 15, 2017 – Additional Documents uploaded status in GC KEY Account

July 17, 2017 – Schedule A Background Declaration received by IRCC and forwarded to CIC, GC Key account has been updated as well into documents is uploaded.

JULY 31, 2017 – My sponsor (wife) received letter and email from CIC informing that the application has been forwarded to Visa Office in London for further verification.

AUGUST 03, 2017 – AOR 2 received

NOVEMBER 09, 2017 – PRE-ARRIVAL LETTER Received and updated on GCKey

NOVEMBER 17, 2017 – Additional documents Schedule A

DECEMBER 09, 2017 – We are processing your background check.

December 12, 2017 – DECISION MADE

December 14, 2017 - PPR

Good luck to everyone.

_usama_shah

May 5, 2017
Hi! I have a question pertaining to our Spousal PR application - we submitted it inland via UPS in September, and I have confirmation from UPS that is has been received, but silence from CIC.. it's been exactly 2 months since we sent it. Should I be worried?!
hey same from my side . I sent my documents on 3rd november and the courier service told me it has been delivered but till now i didn't get any email from cic . feeling worried !

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi everyone,
I’m new to this forum and just started filling out my application. My question is about the addresses you’ve lived for the past 10 years. I have traveled a lot and therefore have been “addressless” for certain periods in the last ten years. How do I write this down in my application?

Jasper

Sylviebah

Oct 29, 2017
Hello I applied in end of January and in March I received the acknowledge later , in July I saw online that their received my husband medical , since then I haven’t heard anything from them . I send an email to the visa office in November and their reply that their have my file and there is an officer assigned for it and it will process depending on the date of received application .

When I go online , it’s shows that if their have sent your application to the visa officer meaning it’s been approved and Their to send me a later informing me about that . But I haven’t heard or received later . At this point I need your help for clarification . Thank you

kanza_iftikhar

May 25, 2017
My spouse file has been transferred to London about 4 months ago for a background check. since then I heard nothing from them nor from CIC neither from London Visa. Could someone tell me how long it will take? I am not understanding what is taking them so long when more than half process has already been done by CIC.

Any suggestion please :(

Sylviebah

Oct 29, 2017
Kanza how did you know ? Me I had to email the visa office of what going on . I received one later of reception and that all . But I see online say received check medical since July .