+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Thanks for your quick response. Can you pls clarify little further:

1. If i get married first and then apply again for a non-accompanying spouse, to get new COPR, how much time does it take for CIC to process this ? Instead of this step, can i add my spouse also as accompanying me, then both get COPR- is this OK ?- Any link you can share with me because i don't know the exact steps to follow for this process.
2. During this sponsorship duration which i guess can take almost 1 year, can i travel outside Canada to meet my spouse ? Can i travel 2 or 3 times ?

Buk

Nov 23, 2017
Hi. I'm sponsoring my spouse (outland) and we applied for his CSQ in October 17th. We got the money deducted from our card in October 26th. We haven't heard or received anything from them since them. Is that Normal?. Can anyone share a recent experience on that?
I'm worried, please help.
Ps: our sponsorship application is already being processed by our lvo
Hi, did you received the CSQ? They received mine last Nov 14, got AOR by mail dated Nov 17, then got my CSQ by mail dated Nov 30.

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
1. You absolutely cannot get married and then land using a COPR that was issued to you as a single person. You would never be allowed to sponsor your wife if you did that and would also risk losing your own PR. Your options are either a) land BEFORE you get married, then get married and sponsor your wife via spousal sponsorship, or b) get married before you land and go through the process of adding your wife as a non-accompanying spouse to your application so that your COPR can be re-issued, then apply for your wife's PR via spousal sponsorship after you land.

2. Yes, as a PR you are required to be living in Canada during the sponsorship process.

3. There is no minimum income requirement or employment requirement, showing sufficient funds in your bank account is enough.

4. See #1

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
1. You absolutely cannot get married and then land using a COPR that was issued to you as a single person. You would never be allowed to sponsor your wife if you did that and would also risk losing your own PR. Your options are either a) land BEFORE you get married, then get married and sponsor your wife via spousal sponsorship, or b) get married before you land and go through the process of adding your wife as a non-accompanying spouse to your application so that your COPR can be re-issued, then apply for your wife's PR via spousal sponsorship after you land.

2. Yes, as a PR you are required to be living in Canada during the sponsorship process.

3. There is no minimum income requirement or employment requirement, showing sufficient funds in your bank account is enough.

4. See #1
Thanks for your quick response. Can you pls clarify little further:

1. If i get married first and then apply again for a non-accompanying spouse, to get new COPR, how much time does it take for CIC to process this ? Instead of this step, can i add my spouse also as accompanying me, then both get COPR- is this OK ?- Any link you can share with me because i don't know the exact steps to follow for this process.
2. During this sponsorship duration which i guess can take almost 1 year, can i travel outside Canada to meet my spouse ? Can i travel 2 or 3 times ?

Chuck_Noland

Sep 26, 2017
re-post !!!!!!

Please help!

During PR approval process of my spouse, I was not accompanying. The reason was my contractual job with a “surety” amount. I have already submitted all necessary papers to CIC to prove this.
The PR of my spouse got approved during month of August, 2017. Spouse is yet to land in Canada.

Now (Dec 2017) my employer is about to fire me due to non-availability of their new assignments.
My question, if we are updating our situation to CIC, is there a bleak chance that they may approve my PR visa also?

Or spouse sponsor is the only solution of my situation?

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Hey All,

i am now in process of preparing my document to sponsor my outland spouse to QUEBEC.

i have questions, The CIC mentioned in the Checklist that for chat conversations and emails and text messages need to send 10 pages and for the photos only 20 photos!!

can i send more than 10 pages for the conversation anyone did it and it works or is there any risk??? for the photos also can i send more than 20 photos??

Thanks

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey All,

i am now in process of preparing my document to sponsor my outland spouse to QUEBEC.

i have questions, The CIC mentioned in the Checklist that for chat conversations and emails and text messages need to send 10 pages and for the photos only 20 photos!!

can i send more than 10 pages for the conversation anyone did it and it works or is there any risk??? for the photos also can i send more than 20 photos??

Thanks
Follow the checklist and send what they ask for.

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Include as much as possible cover everything possible better over sent than under
Incorrect. The application process was streamlined last year, exactly for that reason, so that people were not sending in oversized applications.

Send in what they ask for going by the checklist. A few extra pieces of evidence or information isnt going to hurt but do not send "as much as possible".

By sending what they ask for on the checklist you are doing as they ask. If they require more from you, they will ask of it during the application processing.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Incorrect. The application process was streamlined last year, exactly for that reason, so that people were not sending in oversized applications.

Send in what they ask for going by the checklist. A few extra pieces of evidence or information isnt going to hurt but do not send "as much as possible".

By sending what they ask for on the checklist you are doing as they ask. If they require more from you, they will ask of it during the application processing.

OK, little bit more not gonna hurt :)

rehan1104

Mar 30, 2017
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
Doc's Request.
07-04-2017
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Request
22-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
26-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Soon, In shaa Allah
LANDED..........
Soon, In shaa Allah
Hello guys,

I just created a Facebook group for spousal sponsorship. The reason I created the group is because sometimes you're on Facebook and you want to keep up with your fellow applicants who've applied for Spousal Sponsorship without having to go out of Facebook. Please join and help out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1889726348007230/

Sandyyyy

Dec 9, 2017
Hello all, am new here, my husband is sponsoring me, I have done medicals since June 2015 and on the site it’s indicated that medical report has been received. However, status has been “In process “ since then. Document in Ghana.Advise please

Sandyyyy

Dec 9, 2017
Which visa office is processing your application? What is your country of citizenship?
Figured it out: Port of Spain. ;)

It's only been about 5 months, so you probably have ~ 10-12 more months of waiting at most. Check the POS threads to see what a realistic time frame is today.
(current processing time shown is 17 months total)
Pls dear we ve same case. Mine is June 2015, processing in Ghana. Do u ve ur visa now?