+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Incorrect. The application process was streamlined last year, exactly for that reason, so that people were not sending in oversized applications.

Send in what they ask for going by the checklist. A few extra pieces of evidence or information isnt going to hurt but do not send "as much as possible".

By sending what they ask for on the checklist you are doing as they ask. If they require more from you, they will ask of it during the application processing.
I ment on the check list of things to send. send each and every request

hafeez syed

Nov 10, 2014
Hello everyone , i have applied inland for my immigration sponsored by my wife in january 2017 ,i got workpermit in april 2017,and my medical in june 2017, still waiting for my decission to be make. should i call IRCC and enquire about it or should i wait ,need valuable sugessions from the members

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hello everyone , i have applied inland for my immigration sponsored by my wife in january 2017 ,i got workpermit in april 2017,and my medical in june 2017, still waiting for my decission to be make. should i call IRCC and enquire about it or should i wait ,need valuable sugessions from the members
I am also January 2017 submitted everything up Front PCC and SA ordered my Gcms notes in September received them in October nothing much was done they are currently still doing Back ground check since March first communication from them was on December 7 for additional information. Which was submitted December 8. They seem to be working on January 2017 at the minute we are still under the 12 month processing time so no point to contact them just yet. Give them the opportunity to their 12 months commitment. If you are still waiting after 12 months contact them. The time is near we will soon be finished.

Reactions: hafeez syed

hafeez syed

Nov 10, 2014
I am also January 2017 submitted everything up Front PCC and SA ordered my Gcms notes in September received them in October nothing much was done they are currently still doing Back ground check since March first communication from them was on December 7 for additional information. Which was submitted December 8. They seem to be working on January 2017 at the minute we are still under the 12 month processing time so no point to contact them just yet. Give them the opportunity to their 12 months commitment. If you are still waiting after 12 months contact them. The time is near we will soon be finished.
thank you for your reply , lets hope this month will bring some good news

Reactions: bajanqueen

triggercut

Nov 19, 2017
Hey guys,

My wife is Canadian citizen and we have a child born in the UK who now has dual citizenship. We're completing the spousal sponsorship under the family class and I was wondering:

1. Do we have to state our child and my wife as dependents on IMM 0008? The guidance notes suggest not as neither of them are Canadian citizens but it doesn't make it clear either.

2. Should I put our child on the 'additional dependents' form or leave this blank as it doesn't seem to apply? Again, it's not 100% clear - the notes suggest we shouldn't need to as our child is now Canadian but also state that I should complete it on behalf of any dependants not included on the IMM 0008 form.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help answer this.

cuprium

Jun 10, 2015
It sounds like the mistake you made was to declare your address to be the same as your husbands while you both lived in your homeland when it really was not your address as you were only staying there on the weekends. The problem with this is that immigration now believes that you were common law partners at the time he immigrated which would have meant that he was obliged to include you in his application. The fact that he did not is seen as misrepresentation on his part and if immigration believes this to be true, they can revoke his PR or bar him from ever sponsoring you for PR.

Hi Leon,
I am sponsoring my spouse to come to Canada. In my address history, it shows that I stayed at his address temporarily for 2 months. What happened was that I had to move out of my old place, so while I was waiting for my new accommodation, I stayed with him temporarily. This was 3 years ago. I am worried that this may be seen as common law relationship but we were not, and as such, he was not reflected in my own application. What do you advise? Should I give a letter of explanation with our application?

Brar Lakha

Dec 10, 2017
My interview 14 Nov2017 that day interview operater said me send the message in 1,2 week about decision after interview Delhi embassy called 16 nov and said me your medical have expired ..provide new medical... ....now status medical received - decision made since 6 dec .....

Reactions: christina88

Scott-86

Sep 7, 2017
Scotland
Hello everyone,

Regarding the Employment/Source of Support section:

Are online print outs of the funds within our bank accounts sufficient to prove that we have funds to support ourselves or should we get print outs from the bank and have them sign or stamp them?

Also, my wife's father is going to provide us with a place to stay and we are going to get a letter from him confirming that he will do this for us and also cover all bills etc, would this be better written as an affadavit or is a signed letter from him sufficient?

Does it matter that most of our funds are in sole accounts rather than joint? We do have one joint account but most of the funds are in a savings account held solely by the person being sponsored.

Thanks

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Quick stupid question: should we check sections that we are not submitting even to prove that we have reviewed them? For example, document checklist, 6. Medical examination: "do not complete a medical examination at this time". Should I still check that?
Thanks!

i think they mention that to pick the section that applies to you only. they will not return your app if you didn't pick the one you said medical exam as it is requested later

Brar Lakha

Dec 10, 2017
My interview 14 Nov2017 that day interview operater said me send the message in 1,2 week about decision after interview Delhi embassy called 16 nov and said me your medical have expired ..provide new medical... ....now status medical received - decision made since 6 dec....plz sir give me any suggestion ?

abright

Jul 1, 2016
Hey Everyone,

I received my passport request the other day. I'm an American, so this basically just meant I had to mail a photocopy of my passport and amendments to Ottawa.

I have no idea how long to expect to wait before I receive my PR.

Meanwhile, I tried to sign up for French courses, since I've already received my CSQ from Quebec.

I have everything I need, except a "Letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Authorization to submit in Canada an Application for permanent residence.

What the heck is that letter? Is it difficult to request it? Does it take a long time to get one? Would I be better off just waiting for my PR to arrive?

Thank you!

vsa

Dec 11, 2017
Hello all, our application was received on Feb 15, 2017. The AOR was on Oct 5, 2017 and Invitation to Pre-arrival services on Nov 23, 2017. Our VO is Mexico. In the Background Check section we still have: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Does anyone have any idea as to how long does it take to get a DM, PPR or COPR once you have received the Invitation to Pre-arrival services letter?

Thank you so much for the feedback...

hafeez syed

Nov 10, 2014
Hello all, our application was received on Feb 15, 2017. The AOR was on Oct 5, 2017 and Invitation to Pre-arrival services on Nov 23, 2017. Our VO is Mexico. In the Background Check section we still have: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Does anyone have any idea as to how long does it take to get a DM, PPR or COPR once you have received the Invitation to Pre-arrival services letter?

Thank you so much for the feedback...
im in the same situation with same message in my CIC account

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Senior member please guide.
1) we have to sign all the forms with black ball point or blue ball point ?
2) which corrie company is the best to submit documents ?
3) we both are living together so outside the application envelop I have to write down Sponsor name as "Sender"?
4) I made 4 section/Parts of my application. what is the best way to separate each section ?
5) we can use binder clip for pictures ?

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
hi,

I've visited the US in 2008 with visitor visa and stayed for 6 months in there, do i need to submit police certificate clearance too?

thanks!