+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Guys who knows what's the difference between AOR2 and 'we started processing your application on ...', there is 3 weeks difference for me between them, what to believe? When they start working on application in VO? When send AOR2 or when mark in ECAS?

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Guys who knows what's the difference between AOR2 and 'we started processing your application on ...', there is 3 weeks difference for me between them, what to believe? When they start working on application in VO? When send AOR2 or when mark in ECAS?
It is the same, just ecas is not regularly updated so information there appears a bit later.
'we started processing your application on DATE' - this is the DATE when they opened your case in VO

taylor.brings

Dec 15, 2017
Hi
My wife who is a PR has sponsored me for Spousal PR. Hence, I applied and they received my application on 2nd April 2017. I am on a study permit living in Canada since May 2015. My application says: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." It says that I have passed my medicals and do not need to give an interview and neither have to go for my biometrics.

I am concerned, as my application has shown no further changes ever since. I have'nt received any messages either. The website says that it usually takes 12 months. I just wish to know if I need to patiently wait or if there is anything that I need to do.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Hello Guyes

one question please

what is the difference between the two addressesin the spouse checklist for spouse outside canada below
CPC - Mississauga, P.O. Box 3000,
Station A, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 4N6

and the address Processing Centre - Mississauga, 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1H8

if i will use Canada post and tracking number and signature required as a proof of delivery which one i use???

thanks

Onceagain2step

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hello Guyes

one question please

what is the difference between the two addressesin the spouse checklist for spouse outside canada below
CPC - Mississauga, P.O. Box 3000,
Station A, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 4N6

and the address Processing Centre - Mississauga, 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1H8

if i will use Canada post and tracking number and signature required as a proof of delivery which one i use???

thanks
you must use this address to require signature.

Processing Centre - Mississauga, 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1H8

Reactions: yaacoub89

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
My spouse file has been transferred to London about 4 months ago for a background check. since then I heard nothing from them nor from CIC neither from London Visa. Could someone tell me how long it will take? I am not understanding what is taking them so long when more than half process has already been done by CIC.

Any suggestion please :(
That's complete normal, it was nearly 7m before we heard from LVO

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Pls guys I need advice on this, since I sent my application till now CIC changed the last letter on my last name, Its should be "M" not "N" and they have been sending me correspondence using the wrong letter. Its a fault from them when they inputed my name in the system, I have concluded medicals and waiting for PPR its still the same. I have asked the Imigration Lawyer I consulted several times, he told me that I should Ignore that for now, but I have not been comfortable when i remember the whole thing. Pls should I listen to him or should I send a notice to VO telling them to correct it, also if i will notify them, is it better to do it in writing and Attach it to the package when ever i will be sending my passport. Or can it be corrected at landing if my COPR comes out with same mistake. What do you guys advise pls.

hafeez syed

Nov 10, 2014
Hello I applied in end of January and in March I received the acknowledge later , in July I saw online that their received my husband medical , since then I haven’t heard anything from them . I send an email to the visa office in November and their reply that their have my file and there is an officer assigned for it and it will process depending on the date of received application .

When I go online , it’s shows that if their have sent your application to the visa officer meaning it’s been approved and Their to send me a later informing me about that . But I haven’t heard or received later . At this point I need your help for clarification . Thank you
im in same situation ,applied january 2017, medical done in july 2017, and since then no news from IRCC, should i call them ???

louisstilling

Dec 14, 2017
Dear All,
I am happy to share with you the update on my app. I give back all the Glory and Honor to God.

CANADA VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE AND TRACKING

NOVEMBER 27, 2016 - POLICE CLEARANCE Check DONE in UAE

JANUARY 21, 2017- MEDICAL DONE

MAY 19, 2017 – APPLICATION SENT to CIC
MAY 23, 2017- APPLICATION RECEIVED
JUNE 22, 2017- AOR1 RECEIVED

. . .

Good luck to everyone.
Huge congratulations on the PR! Just sent my application Dec 1st. Hoping it will be as efficient as yours!

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Help... I'm in the process of filling out my permanent residence application and the checklist states if married for 2 years to not send certain documents such as pictures and other evidence of relationship with the application. Why is this? I'e been married sin

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
hello everyone

i am on at the final stage of my application preparation to be sent to CIC.

some of my and my spouse conversations are in english and french and some of them are in our native language
I TRANSLATED the ones in our native language and i added a declaration that i did this and i sign it.

did anyone from you in particular the sponsor translated his chats with his spouse and passed fine in CIC, as those conversations are not an officiel documents and can be translated by us not a sworn transaltor.

i did translated the officiel documents using an sworn transaltor