+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
tinabenamer said:
Hi Guys,

I just want to give you an update. I got my Open Work permit Yesterday July 21, 2015. I sent my Application last April 9, 2015.

Good luck everyone:)
So you're inland then eh? How long is the permit for? I don't know much about inland.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ayrazar said:
So you're inland then eh? How long is the permit for? I don't know much about inland.
I believe you can get a 1 year OWP.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
rebecca1987 said:
please guide me,

I hold Canadian PRship and after two months of PRship i came back to India and got married (guy does not have PR), i have my card. its been six months since i havent gone back to Canada. now i have to go back to Canada. Can someone please guide me how should i go about for spousal sponsorship. My plan of action is to go Canada, search for a job, and file for sponsorship. do i have another option?

I was also planning to file tourist visa for my husband before i submit his papers for sponsorship. does it have good chance to get rejected? As the sponsorship thing takes too much time.
There is an excellent guide on getting a TRV for an Indian spouse while a PR is in progress, check this out : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html

But yes as Scylla said you must return to Canada. You don't need a job but you do have to show how you two will support yourselves once he is landed.

StuckInChina said:
Just curious if anyone else is out there from CHINA waiting on the visa. My wife's status changed from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE after a full 10 months of waiting. Now it seems as though nothing has happened for the last 3 weeks.

I'm a Canadian citizen, born and raised in Canada, both my parents have signed papers pledging support of my spouse and myself. I have a letter of employment among other things, everything was done by a lawyer so it was all very neat and well done. It seems as though Hong Kong is on vacation or something though as my wife and several other girls in her chat group went to DM and then just heard nothing. I've since had to return to Canada to renew a driver's license but I usually work in China as an English Teacher. I'm sort of anxious to stay at home permanently but I don't know what to do. If she is refused I will opt to live in China with her but obviously we'd much rather be at home with my folks in Canada.

Can someone tell me what might be going down, is there anyone in China currently waiting on this thing?
If' it's been 10 months then congrats, try to be a little more patient, as you probably have a COPR in the mail! :) Our COPR was sent regular post, if they send that thing to China by regular post it could explain the wait.

Mohsoh

Jul 22, 2015
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing fine
I need some information if anyone could please help me
We won our appeal in March 2015 and additional doc, police clearance and new medical have been submitted to Ottawa in April , but till now no news from them , when my wife contact mp she said our file is in process in New Delhi , now I was concern how much time does New Delhi takes to finalize and issue my visa , if anyone could share their experiences plz.
Thanks in advance.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Mohsoh said:
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing fine
I need some information if anyone could please help me
We won our appeal in March 2015 and additional doc, police clearance and new medical have been submitted to Ottawa in April , but till now no news from them , when my wife contact mp she said our file is in process in New Delhi , now I was concern how much time does New Delhi takes to finalize and issue my visa , if anyone could share their experiences plz.
Thanks in advance.
Congratulations on winning your appeal!

Try posting on this thread, it is for spousal appeal cases. Maybe someone there will have a good idea of the wait after winning:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.5355.html

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
mirko86 said:
Hello people can i do driver test if im in implied status in Canada?Thanks
What province are you in?

rebecca1987

Nov 19, 2013
Thanks Scylla and Aquakitty !!

Information provided by both you is of great help!!

I had a confusion that i need to have a job to file for sponsorship but its resolved now.. :)

One more query please !! i have not been working since past six months.. can i show my indian bank account balance or do i need to show CAD? how do i show that i have enough income to support my husband once i am in Canada?

How much is the minimum amount i have to show?

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rebecca1987 said:
Thanks Scylla and Aquakitty !!

Information provided by both you is of great help!!

I had a confusion that i need to have a job to file for sponsorship but its resolved now.. :)

One more query please !! i have not been working since past six months.. can i show my indian bank account balance or do i need to show CAD? how do i show that i have enough income to support my husband once i am in Canada?

How much is the minimum amount i have to show?
There is no minimum amount required, so it doesn't really matter how much you have. They just want to be assured that you won't go bankrupt.

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
mirko86 said:
Hello people can i do driver test if im in implied status in Canada?Thanks
What country are you from? You may be able to swap your own country licence for an Alberta one... As for implied status and taking the test, I'm not sure you can, when I did the class 7 test (learners) I had to prove my status in Canada.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kangamoose said:
What country are you from? You may be able to swap your own country licence for an Alberta one... As for implied status and taking the test, I'm not sure you can, when I did the class 7 test (learners) I had to prove my status in Canada.

Im here 2 and half yrs,i m still working at the same company .I have translated driver licence from back home,i cant swap :( Thanks

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
KelseyTVS said:
There is no minimum amount required, so it doesn't really matter how much you have. They just want to be assured that you won't go bankrupt.
Well that's good news....cause the bank printouts that I sent to them basically showed zero balance (just to show them I had bank accounts and ties to Canada moreso than money)....I have a house which is paid for....and some RRSP's....probably should have mentioned that....we'll see....guess the worst case is they will ask for more documentation.

C.

VatoQChopeful

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 CSQ received:27-05-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
not needed
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
Hey everybody!
I have a question and hopefully somebody here will have an answer! :D

I am a US citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We were married March 2015.I'm currently living in the US and he is in Canada. We are planning on applying for PR through spousal sponsorship. Here is the problem.... In August of 2008 I was arrested for DUI. This is my first and only criminal offense. I completed my my sentence of 1 year driving restriction, VASAP class, and fines August of 2009. I know that I have to apply for criminal rehabilitation but my question is this - Should I apply for Criminal Rehabilitation first or can I submit the criminal rehabilitation application WITH my application for PR? I have read that you can apply for TRP and Criminal Rehab at the same time, but haven't found anything about PR and Criminal Rehab. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks in advance! :)